Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 716

Thread: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? Why not. Prove a gay man has any more control over their sexual orientation than a black guy does over the skin of his color.
    A: Michael Jackson.......

  2. #92
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A few three word sentences destroyed my argument?
    I'm sorry you can't make actual points and rely on senseless correlations to make your "argument".

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101
    You failed to see the overall point I was making. More power to you for your selective reading...
    You asked what the difference was. I explained it to you. I'm sorry if the rest of your post was the rehashing of the same old arguments about the boys club and how the military is so much more different than everyone else. To some extent it is true. Only in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-28-10 at 05:58 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So by your logic, that means that because you haven't served as President of the United States. Then you must have no grounds to attack him?

    But i'll tell you what. If I did, or do serve. I don't mind one bit a gay in the foxhole with me. He's not gonna try and make me gay, or try and kissey kissey me.
    He means that in order to give your opinions any creditability you would either provide supporting evidence or qualify your own authority on the topic.

    You failed to give any evidence at all, so the only thing left is the authority behind your experiences. Without havering served in some capacity, your opinions have no credibility and mean nothing.

    I suggest you begin linking to sources which substantiated your arguments.

    ..and no, I'm someone who strongly support gays serving in the military.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I can't prove that, because gays aren't allowed to serve openly in the United States military.
    Here I'll show you the steps.

    1. Find a military which allows gays to openly serve.
    2. Find the level of sexual harassment in it before and after it allowed gays to openly serve.
    3. Compare level of sexual harassment in that military to current U.S. levels.

    The interwebz is yo frun.

    That horse is dead, you can put the stick down.
    You make black people look dumb.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #95
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    I'm not losing anything. The man is a bigot and that is not name calling that is what he is. If you want a bigot running a branch of your military knock yourself out. Who else among the troops does this guy hate? Women, blacks, short people etc. He is a hateful bigot and has no business leading anyone anywhere.
    please. supporting DADT does not make one a bigot any more than not supporting homosexual marriage does.

    Having served in the military would have dropped my IQ
    well that pretty much lets us know that you have no idea what you are talking about. serving in the military has thus far forced me to expand my memory, my analytical ability, my language ability, my ability to process massive amounts of information rapidly, and my ability to mentally function at high speed while under stress.

  6. #96
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Moderator's Warning:
    Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housingLet's discuss this civilly folks. Troll and you will be removed from the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #97
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? Why not. Prove a gay man has any more control over their sexual orientation than a black guy does over the skin of his color.
    Why don't you prove that a gay man isn't simply choosing rather than it being an issue of night and day? Just because you're liberal doesn't mean that you don't have to prove what you say is true but everyone else does. It goes both ways.

    BTW - my questioning your ignorance has nothing to do with my own thoughts about the issue. I'm just saying you can't expect everyone else to prove every comment they make, but expect others to fully accept everything you say without proving it either.

  8. #98
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You make black people look dumb.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,056

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    Why don't you prove that a gay man isn't simply choosing rather than it being an issue of night and day? Just because you're liberal doesn't mean that you don't have to prove what you say is true but everyone else does. It goes both ways.
    Easy:

    Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors | Eureka! Science News

    Homosexual behaviour is largely shaped by genetics and random environmental factors, according to findings from the world's largest study of twins. Writing in the scientific journal Archives of Sexual Behavior, researchers from Queen Mary's School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, and Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm report that genetics and environmental factors (which are specific to an individual, and may include biological processes such as different hormone exposure in the womb), are important determinants of homosexual behaviour.

    Dr Qazi Rahman, study co-author and a leading scientist on human sexual orientation, explains: "This study puts cold water on any concerns that we are looking for a single 'gay gene' or a single environmental variable which could be used to 'select out' homosexuality - the factors which influence sexual orientation are complex. And we are not simply talking about homosexuality here - heterosexual behaviour is also influenced by a mixture of genetic and environmental factors.
    BBC NEWS | Health | How homosexuality is 'inherited'

    Nature encourages mothers to pass on a "gay trait" to their male offspring by boosting their fertility, the Italian University of Padova team believes.

    This would keep the pattern of gay inheritance alive, they told the Royal Society's Biological Sciences journal.

    Critics of the theory argue a gay gene would eventually be wiped out because gay couples do not procreate.
    Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture in AllPsych Journal

    D.F. Swaab conducted the next noteworthy experiment in 1990. This experiment became the first to document a physiological difference in the anatomical structure of a gay man's brain. Swaab found in his post-mortem examination of homosexual males' brains that a portion of the hypothalamus of the brain was structurally different than a heterosexual brain. The hypothalamus is the portion of the human brain directly related to sexual drive and function. In the homosexual brains examined, a small portion of the hypothalamus, termed the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), was found to be twice the size of its heterosexual counterpart [2].

    At the same time, another scientist, Laura S. Allen made a similar discovery in the hypothalamus as well. She found that the anterior commissure (AC) of the hypothalamus was also significantly larger in the homosexual subjects than that of the heterosexuals [2]. Both Swaab's and Allen's results became a standing ground for the biological argument on homosexuality. The very fact that the AC and the SCN are not involved in the regulation of sexual behavior makes it highly unlikely that the size differences results from differences in sexual behavior. Rather the size differences came prenatally during sexual differentiation. The size and shape of the human brain is determined biologically and is impacted minutely, if at all by behavior of any kind.
    I showed you mine. Now show me yours. The problem with your argument is that it hinges on the false belief that a person can simply choose to be gay or straight. They can't. No more than you and I can choose to be straight. What we can choose is what lifestyles we want to lead. A person can choose to live a lifestyle of heterosexuality and remain gay. The same goes for a gay person who chooses to live a heterosexual lifestyle. What can not be simply chosen is which sex you are attracted to. This is determined by genetic and environmental factors.

    BTW - my questioning your ignorance has nothing to do with my own thoughts about the issue. I'm just saying you can't expect everyone else to prove every comment they make, but expect others to fully accept everything you say without proving it either.
    See above.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-28-10 at 08:40 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #100
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Marine officer: Gays, straights shouldn't share housing

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? Why not. Prove a gay man has any more control over their sexual orientation than a black guy does over the skin of his color.
    Well all I know is there many documented cases of men and women changing there life style and I don't know of any blacks changing theirs...In fact we had a case here in Washington a couple of years ago where a female colonel in the Washington National Guard at age about 60 and after being married for 40 years with many children and grandchildren decided she was a lesbian divorced her husband and took up with another lesbian......

    There are many cases like that where men have changed, married and are happily raising a family..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •