Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Death Threats Against Al Green

  1. #31
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Im curious what is the limit in both of your states? In New York its .08.
    All 50 are .08 now, I think Louisiana was the last holdout at .10, the limit at the time I got popped.....I was about .173 so I was well past that.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    I cannot accept that threatening violence against our duly elected officials because we are angry at them, is somehow "American". That tactic should be vehemently rejected; those espousing it should be denounced and as you suggest, do serious time. We cannot in any way accept it as just "venting".

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I cannot accept that threatening violence against our duly elected officials because we are angry at them, is somehow "American". That tactic should be vehemently rejected; those espousing it should be denounced and as you suggest, do serious time. We cannot in any way accept it as just "venting".

    There should be a **** load of Liberals in jail, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There should be a **** load of Liberals in jail, then.
    There should be a ****load of criminals in prison then. Not everything has to be all partisan.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #35
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There should be a **** load of Liberals in jail, then.
    Conservatives too. What's your point?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #36
    User KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    123

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    I am in Greens district also. He did a town hall phone meeting not long ago and did a fairly good job of answering the questions only a couple times did I think he fell on the canned answer.

    It is sad that in 200 years we have not come far enough as human beings to better handle opposing views. I would like to think there are just a few that cannot control their primal side but it seem more and more of them are coming out of the woodwork.

    When the Tea Party rallies first started I wanted to go but I won't now cause I would be just unlucky enough to end up at one that got too rowdy.
    May all beings give and receive compassion, Live free from fear, And dwell in peace. - author unknown

  7. #37
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Would anyone today condone tarring and feathering?
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  8. #38
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think it's American to call congressman and voice strong disapproval with policy or a decision they made. But making death threats isn't American. America is founded on free speech and the right to vote, not the right to threaten and kill congressman that have done wrong. Just fire them with your votes when elections come around.
    Problem is, if the election is years away, do you know how much more damage these morons can cause??


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  9. #39
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Would anyone today condone tarring and feathering?
    NOT a bad idea for the Teleprompter in cheif.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  10. #40
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Death Threats Against Al Green

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Would anyone today condone tarring and feathering?
    For certain people under very specific times.........maybe, today.......nah, I don't think we're there yet, but there isn't going to be a lot of wiggle room politically.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •