Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #81
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I see it is impossible for you to understand what "Liabilities" are. How the hell else can insurance companies assess risk??
    I understand it completely. Having everyone insured midigates risk. And btw, if everyone is insured, there is less likelihood that someone with a pre-existing condition will be seeking a provider. They will already be insured.

    Are you sure you understand how this works?

  2. #82
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I understand it completely. Having everyone insured midigates risk. And btw, if everyone is insured, there is less likelihood that someone with a pre-existing condition will be seeking a provider. They will already be insured.

    Are you sure you understand how this works?
    Then let them pay through the nose and pay higher premiums than those of lower risk.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, without the public option, it is the only viable way to do away with insurance companies banning folks with pre-existing conditions. It's not as effective as a universal payer, but it is the only option left to prevent people from being denied insurance because they have a pre-existing condition.

    And no matter when it was, it was a republican idea.
    I don't care who's idea it is. I know one thing: I don't like it and the Republicans are opposing it NOW so they have my support right NOW.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Then let them pay through the nose and pay higher premiums than those of lower risk.
    Those with lower risk may one day become higher risk. Perhaps you don't understand the idea behind insurance. It is to make sure you're covered when things get worse.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't care who's idea it is. I know one thing: I don't like it and the Republicans are opposing it NOW so they have my support right NOW.
    Well, that's your right. I won't demand that you like it. But, it is a solution to the problem, and the only when left that will actually address the problem of keeping those who need insurance insured.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, that's your right. I won't demand that you like it. But, it is a solution to the problem, and the only when left that will actually address the problem of keeping those who need insurance insured.
    I don't personally care about the insurance of others, either. I care about my medical treatment that I provide rather efficiently to my partner and myself through insurance that suits my needs. I have no interest in being herded into an insurance plan of the government's choice when mine already suits me just fine.

    What others do is fine for them. I don't want to be part of their solution and I do not require them to be part of mine.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't personally care about the insurance of others, either. I care about my medical treatment that I provide rather efficiently to my partner and myself through insurance that suits my needs. I have no interest in being herded into an insurance plan of the government's choice when mine already suits me just fine.

    What others do is fine for them. I don't want to be part of their solution and I do not require them to be part of mine.
    Again, that's your right. But very little that has passed should effect you if you are insured right now.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, that's your right. But very little that has passed should effect you if you are insured right now.
    Until I decide one day that I want to change my insurance plan. And then it's gonna be sorting through what nanny government wants me to have instead of just picking a plan based on what I need and want.

    All so ghetto babies can have insurance, too.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Until I decide one day that I want to change my insurance plan. And then it's gonna be sorting through what nanny government wants me to have instead of just picking a plan based on what I need and want.

    All so ghetto babies can have insurance, too.
    I doubt that. There is no nanny government. That's kool aid stuff. Nearly all industry have standards they have to adhere to. This is no different.

    Your last statement is a tad distrubing. Do you have problems with the poor?

  10. #90
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, that's your right. But very little that has passed should effect you if you are insured right now.
    Therein lies the operative term. it is the intent of the Left to completely kill of the private insurance industry, just like the private student loan industry. Just so we all could have the piss poor quality of government run healthcare.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •