Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 561 to 570 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #561
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, because it isn't what you say it is. Nor is it even a finished project.

    BTW, I don't see you're mind changing too much. Couldn't I say you're drinking too much koolaid? Such silliness works both ways you know.
    History is on my side as is logic and common sense. You want a bigger model Medicare is a bigger model, so is SS. Look at their original intent and cost compared to now. Remember you contribute to both as well.

  2. #562
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    History is on my side as is logic and common sense. You want a bigger model Medicare is a bigger model, so is SS. Look at their original intent and cost compared to now. Remember you contribute to both as well.
    Yes, they went beyond the original intent, doing even more than intended. That's very effective. How many business do more than intended?

    Again, where are the masses clamoring for us to end those programs. Even the tea party wants to keep them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #563
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, they went beyond the original intent, doing even more than intended. That's very effective. How many business do more than intended?

    Again, where are the masses clamoring for us to end those programs. Even the tea party wants to keep them.
    Do you understand the term "contribution?" Why would anyone want to do away with a program before getting their so called investment back? How old did you say you were? Seems to me I am debating a kid.

    Take the money you are putting into SS every month, put it in a simple savings account along with your employer's contribution, and see how much you would have and retain control over at retirement? It is going to make you sick but like far too many you blindly follow what you are told but only by those that for some reason you believe even though they continue to lie to you.

    SS and Medicare did indeed go beyond what was intended, costing more and paying a lower return than a simple savings account. No one expected either to cost more and actually pay out benefits. It was a ponzi scheme and is worse today.

  4. #564
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you understand the term "contribution?" Why would anyone want to do away with a program before getting their so called investment back? How old did you say you were? Seems to me I am debating a kid.

    Take the money you are putting into SS every month, put it in a simple savings account along with your employer's contribution, and see how much you would have and retain control over at retirement? It is going to make you sick but like far too many you blindly follow what you are told but only by those that for some reason you believe even though they continue to lie to you.

    SS and Medicare did indeed go beyond what was intended, costing more and paying a lower return than a simple savings account. No one expected either to cost more and actually pay out benefits. It was a ponzi scheme and is worse today.
    Like I said, did more than advertised and there is no clamoring to have it done away with. If it was bad, pouring money down a rat whole as it were, then no one would expect their contribution returned, and would like to end it before they lost any more. But that's not the case. Instead, they want it to continue, and will rally against politicians who suggest it be ended.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #565
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like I said, did more than advertised and there is no clamoring to have it done away with. If it was bad, pouring money down a rat whole as it were, then no one would expect their contribution returned, and would like to end it before they lost any more. But that's not the case. Instead, they want it to continue, and will rally against politicians who suggest it be ended.
    No answer to the question, do you understand how much people have "contributed" to SS and thus expect to get that contribution back. As for you again you ignored what would happen if you put the same amount into a savings account and how much you would have at retirement. Not surprising that you divert from that.

  6. #566
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No answer to the question, do you understand how much people have "contributed" to SS and thus expect to get that contribution back. As for you again you ignored what would happen if you put the same amount into a savings account and how much you would have at retirement. Not surprising that you divert from that.
    I actually did answer that. Read it again:

    If it was bad, pouring money down a rat whole as it were, then no one would expect their contribution returned, and would like to end it before they lost any more. But that's not the case. Instead, they want it to continue, and will rally against politicians who suggest it be ended.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #567
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I actually did answer that. Read it again:

    If it was bad, pouring money down a rat whole as it were, then no one would expect their contribution returned, and would like to end it before they lost any more. But that's not the case. Instead, they want it to continue, and will rally against politicians who suggest it be ended.
    And you didn't respond to my post, millions and millions of people have contributed their money into the SS account and that money has been spent. Today's retirees are being funded by you and the other young people or all that money would indeed be lost. How compassionate of you?

    I have no problem ending the program and would support it but the problem is the account is full of IOU's not real cash. You just don't understand it and never will.

  8. #568
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you didn't respond to my post, millions and millions of people have contributed their money into the SS account and that money has been spent.
    So is your private retirement account(s) sitting in a bank vault as a pile of cash, or has it been "spent" too?
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  9. #569
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you didn't respond to my post, millions and millions of people have contributed their money into the SS account and that money has been spent. Today's retirees are being funded by you and the other young people or all that money would indeed be lost. How compassionate of you?

    I have no problem ending the program and would support it but the problem is the account is full of IOU's not real cash. You just don't understand it and never will.
    Again, I don't know why you don't understand the answer. If your claim is true, better to end it now and forget getting anything back. But people actually want what is provided. It's more than just wanting what they contributed, which wouldn't like cover what they will need to begin with.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So is your private retirement account(s) sitting in a bank vault as a pile of cash, or has it been "spent" too?
    Actually my private investment accounts have been invested, not put into the general fund of the company and used to fund other programs.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •