Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #551
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    MA is hardly a finished product either. It also isn't universal single payer system. Hawaii is a much closer example. It too isn't single payer, but neither is the national effort.

    Medicare isn't a good example because it is limited to people who need care without the well counter balance. Despite this and the problems, there isn't a large line of people clamoring to end the program.
    MA is a blueprint for what we are going to get and is basically bankrupt costing more than intended. Hawaii is a disaster, not for the patient but for the state that is subsidizing it and taxpayers are paying for it.

    Single payer does nothing to lower actual costs which you see to think are premiums paid. You have no idea how business operates and the investment required to operate a business. Growing up in today's world I can understand your problem

  2. #552
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    MA is a blueprint for what we are going to get and is basically bankrupt costing more than intended. Hawaii is a disaster, not for the patient but for the state that is subsidizing it and taxpayers are paying for it.

    Single payer does nothing to lower actual costs which you see to think are premiums paid. You have no idea how business operates and the investment required to operate a business. Growing up in today's world I can understand your problem
    No, as I showed you, Hawaii has done rather well. And a blueprint, not that you've actually shown it is THE blueprint, is only the beginning. Works in progress can be modified and improved. Doing nothing is still doing nothing.

    Also, instead of telling us what we lack, trying proving your case. It would be more effective.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #553
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, as I showed you, Hawaii has done rather well. And a blueprint, not that you've actually shown it is THE blueprint, is only the beginning. Works in progress can be modified and improved. Doing nothing is still doing nothing.

    Also, instead of telling us what we lack, trying proving your case. It would be more effective.
    You don't know that Hawaii is doing well because you have no idea as to the cost to the taxpayer vs. any benefits. I have a sister in law in Hawaii so tell me what your experience is?

    It doesn't matter what I post since MA healthcare costs, U.S. Medicare projections don't matter because today we have a different group of liberals practicing insanity.

  4. #554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't know that Hawaii is doing well because you have no idea as to the cost to the taxpayer vs. any benefits. I have a sister in law in Hawaii so tell me what your experience is?

    It doesn't matter what I post since MA healthcare costs, U.S. Medicare projections don't matter because today we have a different group of liberals practicing insanity.
    Your sister can not represent the whole. She's too small a sample and using her is called over generalizing. I linked sources for you. Do you need them linked again?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your sister can not represent the whole. She's too small a sample and using her is called over generalizing. I linked sources for you. Do you need them linked again?
    LOL, my sister in law lives in Hawaii, works in Hawaii, pays Hawaii taxes but according to you doesn't really matter because she is too small of a sample. Just like all arrogant liberals you know more than people actually living and working in the area that has the program being thrust upon us. That is probably why you won't accept MA results. Doesn't really matter to naive and gullible people. You want it therefore you are going to get it. Good luck.

  6. #556
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, my sister in law lives in Hawaii, works in Hawaii, pays Hawaii taxes but according to you doesn't really matter because she is too small of a sample.
    Hey, cool! I have a brother in New York. I am now an expert on health care in New York!
    "Yes I read the 9th [amendment]. It doesn't say **** about abortion." -Jamesrage

  7. #557
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, my sister in law lives in Hawaii, works in Hawaii, pays Hawaii taxes but according to you doesn't really matter because she is too small of a sample. Just like all arrogant liberals you know more than people actually living and working in the area that has the program being thrust upon us. That is probably why you won't accept MA results. Doesn't really matter to naive and gullible people. You want it therefore you are going to get it. Good luck.
    Again, when you give a single example, it is only valid if you can back it up with a larger sample. Nothing about your sister is implied, but it is too small a sample to be considered valid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #558
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Hey, cool! I have a brother in New York. I am now an expert on health care in New York!
    Never claimed I was an expert but she is more credible than Boo or you. She gets that "free" healthcare that she pays for everytime she buys something there and in the state income taxes just like your brother in NY.

  9. #559
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, when you give a single example, it is only valid if you can back it up with a larger sample. Nothing about your sister is implied, but it is too small a sample to be considered valid.
    I gave you MA but that wasn't good enough for you. Nothing is going to change your mind because you drank the Kool-aid.

  10. #560
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I gave you MA but that wasn't good enough for you. Nothing is going to change your mind because you drank the Kool-aid.
    No, because it isn't what you say it is. Nor is it even a finished project.

    BTW, I don't see you're mind changing too much. Couldn't I say you're drinking too much koolaid? Such silliness works both ways you know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •