Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #501
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    CBO says it's going to reduce the deficit so saying that it will "cost trillions" is rather disingenuous wouldn't you say?
    CBO revised their estimate and double counted so called Medicare savings. Nothing the govt. does has ever reduced costs so tell me why this bill changes that record?

  2. #502
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try responding to the facts presented.
    It was a fair question. I have meant very few people who didn't think they were really smart and everyone who didn't see it didn't have a clue. However, this means factually that many who think they know everything are really the clueless.

    In other words, it's not helpful to tell people they're clueless. Doing so opens the door to examination, and we may well prove to be the clueless ones.

    Make sense?

    As for responding to the facts, I have. And with documentation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #503
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    CBO revised their estimate and double counted so called Medicare savings. Nothing the govt. does has ever reduced costs so tell me why this bill changes that record?
    On March 20, 2010, CBO released its final cost estimate for the reconciliation act, which encompassed the effects of both pieces of legislation. Table 1 (on page 5) provides a broad summary and Table 2 offers a detailed breakdown of the budgetary effects of the two pieces of legislation. CBO and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimate that enacting both pieces of legislation will produce a net reduction in federal deficits of $143 billion over the 2010-2019 period. About $124 billion of that savings stems from provisions dealing with health care and federal revenues; the other $19 billion results from the education provisions. Those figures do not include potential costs that would be funded through future appropriations (those are discussed on pages 10-11 of the cost estimate).

    Congressional Budget Office - Health Care

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It was a fair question. I have meant very few people who didn't think they were really smart and everyone who didn't see it didn't have a clue. However, this means factually that many who think they know everything are really the clueless.

    In other words, it's not helpful to tell people they're clueless. Doing so opens the door to examination, and we may well prove to be the clueless ones.

    Make sense?

    As for responding to the facts, I have. And with documentation.

    Since the healthcare bill hasn't gone into affect yet how can anyone post facts as to the outcome? Only a review of history will give you an indication of the future results. You seem to ignore history and get excited when you get PROJECTIONS from the CBO. Tell us what the track record is for the CBO? Your so called facts are opinions. I gave you the facts about the doctor shortage, the MA healthcare costs, the ER usage by the insured but you prefer opinions from others who buy what Obama tells them. Sorry, Boo, but our Liar in Chief seems to have you fooled. He has zero leadership skills and remains in campaign mode still.

  5. #505
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    On March 20, 2010, CBO released its final cost estimate for the reconciliation act, which encompassed the effects of both pieces of legislation. Table 1 (on page 5) provides a broad summary and Table 2 offers a detailed breakdown of the budgetary effects of the two pieces of legislation. CBO and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimate that enacting both pieces of legislation will produce a net reduction in federal deficits of $143 billion over the 2010-2019 period. About $124 billion of that savings stems from provisions dealing with health care and federal revenues; the other $19 billion results from the education provisions. Those figures do not include potential costs that would be funded through future appropriations (those are discussed on pages 10-11 of the cost estimate).

    Congressional Budget Office - Health Care
    CBO recognized that the bill had 10 years of taxes and 6 years of so called bernefits. In addition they counted Medicare savings twice. Based upon the history of the CBO please tell me why you buy their PROJECTIONS and ignore the data they were given to make those projections?

  6. #506
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since the healthcare bill hasn't gone into affect yet how can anyone post facts as to the outcome?
    Yet you do exactly that, loudly, almost every day on this forum.

  7. #507
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yet you do exactly that, loudly, almost every day on this forum.
    The troll is back, hardly, I post historical data which is fact. Suggest you learn the difference between a fact and a projection. Are you going to tell me that the MA program is a success and that costs haven't risen? Are you going to tell me that there isn't a doctor shortage in this country now? Are you going to tell me that all those people reported as uninsured cannot afford insurance? Are you going to tell me that the CBO projections are accurate?

  8. #508
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    CBO recognized that the bill had 10 years of taxes and 6 years of so called bernefits. In addition they counted Medicare savings twice. Based upon the history of the CBO please tell me why you buy their PROJECTIONS and ignore the data they were given to make those projections?
    I've seen your side use the CBO to support your case. It works both ways. I doubt anyone's predictions will be exactly right, but this is the office charged with answering this question for congress.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since the healthcare bill hasn't gone into affect yet how can anyone post facts as to the outcome? Only a review of history will give you an indication of the future results. You seem to ignore history and get excited when you get PROJECTIONS from the CBO. Tell us what the track record is for the CBO? Your so called facts are opinions. I gave you the facts about the doctor shortage, the MA healthcare costs, the ER usage by the insured but you prefer opinions from others who buy what Obama tells them. Sorry, Boo, but our Liar in Chief seems to have you fooled. He has zero leadership skills and remains in campaign mode still.
    Know? Silly word for such things. We can make reasonable predictions, and expect to have to reassess as things move forward. This is not new, or different from anything else people do anywhere, in both the private and public sectors.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've seen your side use the CBO to support your case. It works both ways. I doubt anyone's predictions will be exactly right, but this is the office charged with answering this question for congress.
    Yes, I have used CBO numbers to show how ridiculous they really are. CBO accuracy on projections is very poor at best so tell me why your CBO numbers are correct but when countered by other CBO numbers those numbers are incorrect?

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •