Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #421
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My vision of America took care of my family and allowed me to prosper due to my own efforts. Yours is one of another less productive, less profitable one. Don't know who is filling your head with this distorted view of America but I am done with you. One of these days you will grow up, I did.
    Funny, I like your assumption that an America that offers more options in the market is a less profitable and productive one.

    If growing up means ignoring large aspects of American history to embrace a narrow ideology, then call me Peter Pan.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 04-27-10 at 09:03 AM.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Funny, I like your assumption that an America that offers more options in the market is a less profitable and productive one.

    If growing up means ignoring large aspects of American history to embrace a narrow ideology, then call me Peter Pan.

    America has the greatest option of all, the ability to be the best you can be, to be whatever you want to be, to prosper, create individual wealth, and an equal opportunity to succeed.

    Yours is a world without incentive, without creativity, without individual responsibility. I do feel sorry for people like you but that doesn't last very long. You deserve the kind of govt. you want and the kind of life you live. Yours is one of spreading liberal misery equally to everyone else, yours is one of spending in the name of compassion, keeping everyone dependent, and thus never getting any compassionate results.

  3. #423
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    America has the greatest option of all, the ability to be the best you can be, to be whatever you want to be, to prosper, create individual wealth, and an equal opportunity to succeed.
    Funny, having a public option in no way detracts from that ideal. If anything, it enhances it by creating more opportunity.

    America is land where people should be motivated to succeed, not to just survive.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 04-27-10 at 09:33 AM.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Funny, having a public option in no way detracts from that ideal. If anything, it enhances it by creating more opportunity.

    America is land where people should be motivated to succeed, not to just survive.
    What country do you live in if you don't believe that the people of this country have the motivation to succeed? That has always been the principles in this country, at least until recently. If there are no consequences for failure where is the incentive to succeed?

    You better do some research regarding the public option, where is the incentive for business to grow and develop new drugs and medical procedures? You really aren't that naive to believe that the public option creates incentive for businesses when it has to be run by the govt.?

    Having a public option does nothing but grow the size and control of govt. Private industry can do that on their own given the proper incentives. If you truly want to cut healthcare costs, not just what people pay, then you have to identify all costs first. The govt. has no interest in doing that because it is the government that adds to those costs.

  5. #425
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What country do you live in if you don't believe that the people of this country have the motivation to succeed? That has always been the principles in this country, at least until recently. If there are no consequences for failure where is the incentive to succeed?
    If I live in a country where people are just trying to get by from paycheck to paycheck and they are one illness away from being bankrupt despite years of hard work. I don't know what fantasy country you live in.

    You better do some research regarding the public option, where is the incentive for business to grow and develop new drugs and medical procedures? You really aren't that naive to believe that the public option creates incentive for businesses when it has to be run by the govt.?
    Let me get this straight. The private sector is so weak that if the government had a public insurance option that people could select among the private options that are available, then businesses would stagnate and die and all research would come to a halt? Muahaahahahahaha! You gotta be kidding.

    Having a public option does nothing but grow the size and control of govt.
    Actually, it would probably slow the grow of government substantially. It would eventually consolidate many of the expenses that the government has and thus reduce its need for involvement. Rather than an expanse of goverment power, a public option would be a consolidation of it.

    Private industry can do that on their own given the proper incentives. If you truly want to cut healthcare costs, not just what people pay, then you have to identify all costs first. The govt. has no interest in doing that because it is the government that adds to those costs.
    You don't know what all the costs are? Have you been asleep for the last year?

  6. #426
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    CriticalThought;1058714560]If I live in a country where people are just trying to get by from paycheck to paycheck and they are one illness away from being bankrupt despite years of hard work. I don't know what fantasy country you live in.
    Good, then you do live in this country where that is happening then you would have a case. Since you don't know personal finances of anyone here you couldn't possibly be talking about this country.


    Let me get this straight. The private sector is so weak that if the government had a public insurance option that people could select among the private options that are available, then businesses would stagnate and die and all research would come to a halt? Muahaahahahahaha! You gotta be kidding.
    The private sector is FOR profit and the public sector isn't, they just print money. Did you ever take a finance course? Govt. vs. private industry is like an allegator in a pond with a duck, which one wins? People like you are simply too naive to understand how business and govt.works. Your outrage over private business is misguided as you control where you spend your money. Not so with the govt. where you are forced to help fund this current 3.8 TRILLION dollar govt. Name for me a TRILLION dollar private business?

    Obvious to me that you do not understand the role of govt. because you want it to be something it was never intended to b.


    Actually, it would probably slow the grow of government substantially. It would eventually consolidate many of the expenses that the government has and thus reduce its need for involvement. Rather than an expanse of goverment power, a public option would be a consolidation of it.
    LOL, you are kidding, right, did SS and Medicare slow down their growth? Stop being naive.


    You don't know what all the costs are? Have you been asleep for the last year?
    Why don't you tell me what all the costs are and how they have been addressed in this bill?

  7. #427
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good, then you do live in this country where that is happening then you would have a case. Since you don't know personal finances of anyone here you couldn't possibly be talking about this country.
    I'm talking about the United States. I don't know what fantasy world you live in.

    The private sector is FOR profit and the public sector isn't, they just print money. Did you ever take a finance course? Govt. vs. private industry is like an allegator in a pond with a duck, which one wins? People like you are simply too naive to understand how business and govt.works. Your outrage over private business is misguided as you control where you spend your money. Not so with the govt. where you are forced to help fund this current 3.8 TRILLION dollar govt. Name for me a TRILLION dollar private business?
    Yadda, yadda, yadda. Not a single word in all that gibberish that relates to a public option or why it wouldn't be a good idea. just a lot of ad homiem crap because you realize your argument is so weak.

    Obvious to me that you do not understand the role of govt. because you want it to be something it was never intended to b.
    The government is what the people make it to be. I thought you believed in democracy. That whole, "I support whatever the majority supports" bull that you spout off. Well guess what? The majority support a public option.

    LOL, you are kidding, right, did SS and Medicare slow down their growth? Stop being naive.
    SS and Medicare are not a public option. Why are you comparing apples to oranges and expecting that to be a decent argument?

    Why don't you tell me what all the costs are and how they have been addressed in this bill?
    And I'll say it one more time since you can't seem to get it through your head. I WANTED A PUBLIC OPTION!

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    CriticalThought;1058715296]I'm talking about the United States. I don't know what fantasy world you live in.
    Then you are indeed a loon. people make choices in life and have to live by them. They choose to use drugs, they use to overeat, they choose to engage in other harmful activities to their bodies but somehow that is the responsibility of the taxpayer. You want to bailout a drug addict then do so in your community. You want to subsidize a three pack a day cigarette smoker then do so inside your own community. You want to buy this BS that you are spouting then get involved in your own community to solve problems. How many people today let the things they want get in the way of the things they need. Michael Jordan shoes, pagers, cell phones, computers, TV's, stereos? Think instead of feeling.




    Yadda, yadda, yadda. Not a single word in all that gibberish that relates to a public option or why it wouldn't be a good idea. just a lot of ad homiem crap because you realize your argument is so weak.
    I cannot deal with people who don't understand the affect govt. has on private business. What business in their right mind is going to join the public option pool where the rules are dictated by the govt?


    The government is what the people make it to be. I thought you believed in democracy. That whole, "I support whatever the majority supports" bull that you spout off. Well guess what? The majority support a public option.
    The majority are voicing their opinions around the nation right now. Obama won by 6% points and it WAS ALL RACIAL. He got 95% of the African American vote and another percentage of votes from people upset only with Bush. No one researched his record and everyone bought the rhetoric of hope and change. Tell that message today to those 15 plus million unemployed and ask them about their hope and then ask them how much change they have in their pockets. Instead of promoting job growth in the private sector Obama went after the largest increase in entitlements since SS, the healthcare bill. Obama is nothing more than an empty suit campaigner and certainly no leader. Like all liberals he blames someone else for their own poor choices. he is still blaming Bush after being in office over a year and being in the Congress two years prior. That is the height of irresponsibility.



    SS and Medicare are not a public option. Why are you comparing apples to oranges and expecting that to be a decent argument?
    No, they are govt. run programs that cost more than intended, do less than intended and have created dependents. That is what govt. does. One of these days you may get a job but not with the attitude you have.



    And I'll say it one more time since you can't seem to get it through your head. I WANTED A PUBLIC OPTION!
    Of course you do, because you are naive, gullible, and misinformed.

  9. #429
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Conserv,

    I've come to you privately and discussed this very issue with you before. What makes you think that everyone who seaks gov't assistance - be it state or federal - are drug addicts, overeaters or otherwise engaged in harmful activities? Couldn't it be that they're just down on their luck? Couldn't it be that they tried to do the right thing all their adult lives but just came onto a bump in the road? Coudn't it be that the circumstances of their lives have changed, i.e., a woman who was a housewife, gets divorced or worse - her husband who was the bread winner dies yet they couldn't afford life insurance yet did everything they could do as a family to make ends meet - now finds herself as the sole wage earner of her family?

    What's wrong with you people who seem to have this idea that everyone who turns to gov't aid does so with the full intend of being leaches on society?

  10. #430
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you are indeed a loon. people make choices in life and have to live by them. They choose to use drugs, they use to overeat, they choose to engage in other harmful activities to their bodies but somehow that is the responsibility of the taxpayer. You want to bailout a drug addict then do so in your community. You want to subsidize a three pack a day cigarette smoker then do so inside your own community. You want to buy this BS that you are spouting then get involved in your own community to solve problems. How many people today let the things they want get in the way of the things they need. Michael Jordan shoes, pagers, cell phones, computers, TV's, stereos? Think instead of feeling.
    I'm only asking that people have the choice of a public option.

    I cannot deal with people who don't understand the affect govt. has on private business. What business in their right mind is going to join the public option pool where the rules are dictated by the govt?
    That is exchanges, not a public option.

    The majority are voicing their opinions around the nation right now. Obama won by 6% points and it WAS ALL RACIAL. He got 95% of the African American vote and another percentage of votes from people upset only with Bush. No one researched his record and everyone bought the rhetoric of hope and change. Tell that message today to those 15 plus million unemployed and ask them about their hope and then ask them how much change they have in their pockets. Instead of promoting job growth in the private sector Obama went after the largest increase in entitlements since SS, the healthcare bill. Obama is nothing more than an empty suit campaigner and certainly no leader. Like all liberals he blames someone else for their own poor choices. he is still blaming Bush after being in office over a year and being in the Congress two years prior. That is the height of irresponsibility.
    Ah, how cute. You still assume that I voted for Obama.

    No, they are govt. run programs that cost more than intended, do less than intended and have created dependents. That is what govt. does. One of these days you may get a job but not with the attitude you have.
    I've worked since I was 16.

    Of course you do, because you are naive, gullible, and misinformed.
    More ad hominem attacks? Sorry your argument is so weak, but don't take it out on me.

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •