Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #371
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    No, I mean what I say! Just because a "majority" (depending on what poll you read) of Americans want sulphuric acid, doesn't mean that it is good for them, nor the country in the long run. Hey Schmuck, are you one of those types who think that everyone has to drink the Liberal kool aid??
    No, I'm the guy who has listened too many times to conservatives on this forum making argumentum ad populum to support their views and declaring anyone who doesn't support them to be an America hater. I just thought it would fun to turn the tables since the public option was widely supported by virtually every poll. Furthermore, most conservatives don't know what the public option was, despite being supported by 73% of America's doctors. No one reputable has made a valid argument that a public option could out compete private insurers, and so it is clear that you have no idea what you talking about, and the best you could pull off was to stick blindly to your ideology.

    In case you haven't caught on, I was making fun of you and rather than call me out on it, you replied several times and tried to throw in red herring remarks to change the subject. It was hilarious. I had to stop because I was starting to feel sorry for you.

  2. #372
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I actually agree that popularity alone doesn't equal truth. However, can you show me how improved access won't be better for people on the whole?
    Because then quality of care drops like a rock! And the only reason why the US was the leader in new breakthroughs in medicine is the way the healthcare system was set up. Not anymore.


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  3. #373
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Because then quality of care drops like a rock! And the only reason why the US was the leader in new breakthroughs in medicine is the way the healthcare system was set up. Not anymore.
    Can you provide evidence it is likely to drop. Not silly declarations that it will, but actual evidence. I ask because I see no reason why it should drop. Nothings really changed that should hurt care.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #374
    It's Just Boris.
    Bassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for those of you in Rio Linda)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Can you provide evidence it is likely to drop. Not silly declarations that it will, but actual evidence. I ask because I see no reason why it should drop. Nothings really changed that should hurt care.
    For your reading enjoyment.



    'Obamacare' goes too far to cure health care system problems - Morning Call


    11/8/16: A day of great relief for America

  5. #375
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post

    What do you think you're providing here? yes, it's humorous, but what point are you trying to make?

    Remember, many aren't insured and they drive up costs. More being insured would reduce some of the pressures that drive up costs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If there is a point in the polls, it is that some knowledgeable people don't share your view. What you should be asking is why? And attempting to address that.
    A majority of the people voted for Barack Obama and now admit they made a mistake. Most voted for hope and change and got little hope and no change in their pockets.

    Polls can be manipulated various ways based upon the way the question was phrased. This country achieved greatness based upon free enterprise and capitalism. Liberals are destroying both.

    I am still waiting for you to tell me what govt. run program cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem and went away?

    Almost 50% of the people in this country pay no Federal Income taxes and that is dangerous since most of them are the ones using most of the services. give people something and they will take it, never wanting to give it back. The public option is the first step towards single payer and the more dependence liberals can create the longer they remain in power

    I asked you why you have such passion for this issue and got silence. Why?

    I have no problem helping people in need and probably contribute more yearly than you make. Healthcare is a personal responsibility and thus better handled at the state and local levels, IF, the people deem that important. Right now the people deem getting jobs more important.

  7. #377
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What do you think you're providing here? yes, it's humorous, but what point are you trying to make?

    Remember, many aren't insured and they drive up costs. More being insured would reduce some of the pressures that drive up costs.
    It is the chronic drug addict, smoker, obese people that drive up costs. not the uninsured. The problem of people using the Emergency room isn't the problem you claim it is because many are either illegal or insured. You don't need this bill to cover those truly in need.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    No, I'm the guy who has listened too many times to conservatives on this forum making argumentum ad populum to support their views and declaring anyone who doesn't support them to be an America hater. I just thought it would fun to turn the tables since the public option was widely supported by virtually every poll. Furthermore, most conservatives don't know what the public option was, despite being supported by 73% of America's doctors. No one reputable has made a valid argument that a public option could out compete private insurers, and so it is clear that you have no idea what you talking about, and the best you could pull off was to stick blindly to your ideology.

    In case you haven't caught on, I was making fun of you and rather than call me out on it, you replied several times and tried to throw in red herring remarks to change the subject. It was hilarious. I had to stop because I was starting to feel sorry for you.
    Keep citing meaningless polls taken last year prior to details emerging on the bill. Right now we have a doctor shortage and nothing in this bill solves that problem unless you believe cutting what doctors get paid creates more incentive for doctors.

    Tell me why you believe the public option will be good for a country built on free enterprise and capitalism? Tell me how shareholders in private businesses benefit from having their investments compromised by subsidized healthcare?

    Obviously you have never run a business thus have no idea what you are talking about.

    Health insurance is a personal responsibility not a Federal Responsibility but like most apparently liberals you think with your heart instead of your brain. Why the passion for a public option and driving private business out of business?
    Last edited by Conservative; 04-24-10 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling

  9. #379
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep siting meaningless polls taken last year prior to details emerging on the bill. Right now we have a doctor shortage and nothing in this bill solves that problem unless you believe cutting what doctors get paid creates more incentive for doctors.

    Tell me why you believe the public option will be good for a country built on free enterprise and capitalism? Tell me how shareholders in private businesses benefit from having their investments compromised by subsidized healthcare?

    Obviously you have never run a business thus have no idea what you are talking about.

    Health insurance is a personal responsibility not a Federal Responsibility but like most apparently liberals you think with your heart instead of your brain. Why the passion for a public option and driving private business out of business?
    1. Interesting how those who always oppose the views and opinion of one side are quick to support polling data when it supports their views but aren't so supportive of polls when the data goes against their perspective. Fact of the matter is the public option was favored by the majority of Americans. Some just either didn't like the way the health care reform bill was (eventually) structured or didn't like many of the provision that eventually went into the final bill. But the public option was always a good idea per the people across the board and many are still upset that it wasn't included in the final bill.

    2. As I've stated in this threads concerning this nation's "doctor/nurse shortage," we've had a shortage in quality doctors and nurses in the country for years. Nothing new here. That additional portion of the health care reform bill that deals with education specifically addresses making funds available to train college students in the medical profession. As in years past, it's going to take time to amass this new "army" of doctors (and nurses) to meet shortages, but in time the number of trained medical professionals will increase. Part of this medical/illness balancing act is prevention and wellness. To that, if this country can get its people to be healthier, the strain on doctor's visit will naturally decrease. That doesn't mean the country stops trying to train and hire people in the medical profession. It just means that you keep trying to reduce that patient/doctor ratio. (For details on future projections on patient/doctor ratio, see post #94 of this thread.

    Again, I understand the concern, but I don't think the problem will be as grave in the long-term as some are making it out to be. Our system of health care has always found ways to deal with situations where treatment, services and emergecy care are concerned. I'm sure they'll meet this challenge just as well. If not...well, I guess those who disagree can move to Costa Rica with Rush Limbaugh. (Just kidding... )

  10. #380
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA but mostly in my head
    Last Seen
    06-02-10 @ 06:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    161

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep citing meaningless polls taken last year prior to details emerging on the bill. Right now we have a doctor shortage and nothing in this bill solves that problem unless you believe cutting what doctors get paid creates more incentive for doctors.

    Tell me why you believe the public option will be good for a country built on free enterprise and capitalism? Tell me how shareholders in private businesses benefit from having their investments compromised by subsidized healthcare?

    Obviously you have never run a business thus have no idea what you are talking about.

    Health insurance is a personal responsibility not a Federal Responsibility but like most apparently liberals you think with your heart instead of your brain. Why the passion for a public option and driving private business out of business?
    I was for the public option because you are wrong the government already is responsible for you health. Its just we allow government to pass the buck. Ill give you one example which should be enough. THE EPA. Our environment is one factor in which the health and wellness of americans decreases. Companies are allowed to pollute in an area where a population doesnt want it and when they express that desire they are shot down. Companies throughout history have caused cancers, polluted the water, the air and foods. This is allowed by government not by the people. Companies are right to their profits and have a right by government standards to pollute environments. This causes people to get sick but no one is accountable but the taxpayer for drinking tainted water. Government is accountable and should have passed the public option. Insurances werent always around but when they were created they took hold of every American by force from government it was time to take back some of that privilege for ourselves but we fell short because we have no true understanding of the real culprits. Now we have to pay the same amount for less. So great going people.
    Last edited by thoughtprocess; 04-24-10 at 12:23 PM.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •