Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #321
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The provision actually was taken directly from Wyden's Healthy Americans Act -- the far-more innovative health care reform legislation he authored with Republican co-sponsors. In that bill there is also an individual mandate that would require Americans to purchase insurance coverage. But states that found the mandate objectionable could simply create and insert a new system in its place. All it would require is applying for a waiver from the Department of Health and Human Services, which has a 180-day window to confirm or deny such a waiver.

    Wyden: Health Care Lawsuits Moot, States Can Opt Out Of Mandate

    Could you be more specific about how individuals can opt out? Link something.
    Read the bill, they pay the fine and opt out.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Read the bill, they pay the fine and opt out.
    So, you can't link. You're just blowing smoke.

  3. #323
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Could you be more specific about how individuals can opt out? Link something.
    He means the fine you pay if you don't have coverage. It's essentially a way to opt out of buying insurance, though not a way to opt out of paying your share into the overall system, since the money will cover the government having to bail out the uninsured anyway.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    He means the fine you pay if you don't have coverage. It's essentially a way to opt out of buying insurance, though not a way to opt out of paying your share into the overall system, since the money will cover the government having to bail out the uninsured anyway.
    Yes, you do pay a fine, but that's not exactly opting out. He seems to be implying something more.

  5. #325
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, you do pay a fine, but that's not exactly opting out. He seems to be implying something more.
    I think that's exactly what he meant. And technically he's right. You can choose not to comply with the mandate...if you pay for it. It's an opt out in the narrow sense, but not in the broader sense.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, you do pay a fine, but that's not exactly opting out. He seems to be implying something more.
    No, misterman said it best. That is an opt out or why else would you pay the fine?

  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, misterman said it best. That is an opt out or why else would you pay the fine?
    Try a fine. Either way they actually pay and not opt out of paying.

  8. #328
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Try a fine. Either way they actually pay and not opt out of paying.
    Keep diverting from reality as you simply cannot defend your position. People by the millions are going to opt out and any fine they pay is not going to offset the rise in healthcare costs. Continue to buy what you are being told by an Administration that continues to lie to you.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep diverting from reality as you simply cannot defend your position. People by the millions are going to opt out and any fine they pay is not going to offset the rise in healthcare costs. Continue to buy what you are being told by an Administration that continues to lie to you.


    If they do, they'll be paying fines. What will you say if very few choose the fine?

  10. #330
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post


    If they do, they'll be paying fines. What will you say if very few choose the fine?
    I won't have to say a word because you won't be around to answer for your support for this POS. This bill does nothing to lower healthcare costs as it doesn't address healthcare costs. people will opt out, pay the fine, and the unhealthy will drive up premiums for the rest of us.

Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •