Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #241
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, individual responsibility is whatever the individual deems necessary. Millions CHOOSE not to buy insurance. Telling a millionaire that he or she needs insurance is what liberals always do. Stick to your own business and let those people decide for themselves.

    The doctor shortage is a problem and going to get worse when the govt. adds millions to the roles of the insured and doctors drop out of the profession because of the increased work load and lower reimbursement rates. This bill does nothing to improve the quality or quantity of healthcare and no matter how many times you make the same argument the facts do not change nor does it become right.
    No, that's not true. An individual can be irresponsible. They can deem that driving at 100 mph with a blindfold on, drinking beer, and in the nude is responsible. It wouldn't be.

    And no, the shortage will likely get better as the government offers more incentive.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that's not true. An individual can be irresponsible. They can deem that driving at 100 mph with a blindfold on, drinking beer, and in the nude is responsible. It wouldn't be.

    And no, the shortage will likely get better as the government offers more incentive.
    Yep, a lot of people can be irresponsible and prove it every day. Obama was elected and that change that these people voted for is now amounting to changing everything they believed in before voting for this empty suit.

    You cannot legislate the elimination of irresponsibility although I wish we could. That would mean every politician in D.C. would be out on the street.

    Govt. incentive to get into the business will be offset by the reduction in financial incentive once in the business. Lowering payments for Medicare and Medicaid will not provide the incentive to keep doctors in the business.

    Think for a change instead of continuing to feel.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, a lot of people can be irresponsible and prove it every day. Obama was elected and that change that these people voted for is now amounting to changing everything they believed in before voting for this empty suit.

    You cannot legislate the elimination of irresponsibility although I wish we could. That would mean every politician in D.C. would be out on the street.

    Govt. incentive to get into the business will be offset by the reduction in financial incentive once in the business. Lowering payments for Medicare and Medicaid will not provide the incentive to keep doctors in the business.

    Think for a change instead of continuing to feel.
    So, you concede my point?

    And there is no reduction in financial incentive.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you concede my point?

    And there is no reduction in financial incentive.
    What? No reduction in incentive? Wow, what a response! Since when is financial compensation not incentive?

    Amazing, guess I need to revert to reality, when a political opponent is committing political suicide stand back, get out of the way, and let them do it.

    You are digging yourself a bigger hole so carry on.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What? No reduction in incentive? Wow, what a response! Since when is financial compensation not incentive?

    Amazing, guess I need to revert to reality, when a political opponent is committing political suicide stand back, get out of the way, and let them do it.

    You are digging yourself a bigger hole so carry on.
    There is plenty of financial compensation. Some even increased.

    Physician Compensation : HEALTH REFORM WATCH

  6. #246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There is plenty of financial compensation. Some even increased.

    Physician Compensation : HEALTH REFORM WATCH
    Another op ed piece that once again defies reality. Too many taxes in this bill to create that financial incentive that you care about and when you cut billions out of Medicare and pass billions on to the states for Medicaid which will be passed on to doctors in the form of lower reimbursements you get fewer doctors, that is logic 101.

    Met with my wife's cancer doctor on Monday and he expressed what I have been stating all along, more doctors are going to stop taking Medicare and Medicaid patients because of govt. regulations and lower payments. They will get out of the business before they allow the govt. to control their income more than it already does. That is from a doctor. The polls are showing what the American people think but polls seem to only matter when they are on the side of liberals.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Another op ed piece that once again defies reality. Too many taxes in this bill to create that financial incentive that you care about and when you cut billions out of Medicare and pass billions on to the states for Medicaid which will be passed on to doctors in the form of lower reimbursements you get fewer doctors, that is logic 101.

    Met with my wife's cancer doctor on Monday and he expressed what I have been stating all along, more doctors are going to stop taking Medicare and Medicaid patients because of govt. regulations and lower payments. They will get out of the business before they allow the govt. to control their income more than it already does. That is from a doctor. The polls are showing what the American people think but polls seem to only matter when they are on the side of liberals.
    Nothing wrong with an op-ed as long as it is accurate. It explains things well.

    And I doubt your doctor. And no, they won't get out of the business. Washing dishes really doesn't pay that much.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing wrong with an op-ed as long as it is accurate. It explains things well.

    And I doubt your doctor. And no, they won't get out of the business. Washing dishes really doesn't pay that much.
    No he won't get out of the business but he won't be accepting Medicare and Medicaid patients. Think, man, think. You aren't nearly as smart as you think.

    The op ed piece doesn't take into affect human behavior at all. Typical liberal theory that trumps reality and facts.

  9. #249
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And no, the shortage will likely get better as the government offers more incentive.
    now wait a minute. every poll among providers indicates that the supply is going to shrink. the incentives offered to providers by the government are going to be negative. how in the world does reducing the supply of providers lower cost and increase availability?

  10. #250
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Another op ed piece that once again defies reality.
    It's not an op ed, it's a factual article that quotes directly from the law, by people who know what they're talking about.

Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •