Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Social progress is putting the well being of our fellow countrymen ahead of personal greed.

    And the election empowered our representatives to carry out the directive from the Constitution to promote the general welfare of the people.
    You didn't answer the question, what gives you or anyone else the right to define the well being of someone else or to define greed?

    You don't seem to get it, ones well being is a personal responsibility. That isn't the role of the govt. Liberal social engineering creates dependence and debt that everyone else has to pay thus spreads misery equally to everyone is. You call that social justice?

  2. #232
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You didn't answer the question, what gives you or anyone else the right to define the well being of someone else or to define greed?

    You don't seem to get it, ones well being is a personal responsibility. That isn't the role of the govt. Liberal social engineering creates dependence and debt that everyone else has to pay thus spreads misery equally to everyone is. You call that social justice?
    Are you suggesting nothing can be defined? That's there is no objective means in which to define these things?

  3. #233
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you suggesting nothing can be defined? That's there is no objective means in which to define these things?
    Yep, when it comes to individual welfare politicians cannot define the well being of someone else. Explain to me how a politician in D.C. can define what is best for you in your home town? That is an individual responsibility best handled by the individual in conjunction of the local and state governments.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, when it comes to individual welfare politicians cannot define the well being of someone else. Explain to me how a politician in D.C. can define what is best for you in your home town? That is an individual responsibility best handled by the individual in conjunction of the local and state governments.
    Are you sure? We can't say that a person unable to get proper care and suffers because of it has less well being than someone who can? I would have to dispute that with you. And even if state governments decide this, it would still be government deciding, which makes your argument silly. You should instead stick with arguing that we can decide this, but that it is more the role of local government to do so.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you sure? We can't say that a person unable to get proper care and suffers because of it has less well being than someone who can? I would have to dispute that with you. And even if state governments decide this, it would still be government deciding, which makes your argument silly. You should instead stick with arguing that we can decide this, but that it is more the role of local government to do so.
    That the best you can do? People today in this country can get proper care through the free clinics we have and through our current system. Providing healthcare for all doesn't assure quality care as evidenced by the doctor shortage we have. You want to continue to discount that.

    As for the difference between local and federal govt. I know where my Representative lives and know how to contact them. Local and state governments were set up that way and are closer to the people. Thus my argument is the same one our founders made when they set up this govt. Were they wrong? Logic isn't a strong point of yours.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That the best you can do? People today in this country can get proper care through the free clinics we have and through our current system. Providing healthcare for all doesn't assure quality care as evidenced by the doctor shortage we have. You want to continue to discount that.

    As for the difference between local and federal govt. I know where my Representative lives and know how to contact them. Local and state governments were set up that way and are closer to the people. Thus my argument is the same one our founders made when they set up this govt. Were they wrong? Logic isn't a strong point of yours.
    We don't have near enough free clinics, and they are often over stressed and can't handle the flow. You need to learn more on this topic.

    And again, the doctor shortage is NOT the problem you think it is. And even if it were, it is fixable and not something that would make this reform unattainable.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We don't have near enough free clinics, and they are often over stressed and can't handle the flow. You need to learn more on this topic.

    And again, the doctor shortage is NOT the problem you think it is. And even if it were, it is fixable and not something that would make this reform unattainable.
    You need to learn more about individual responsibility and stop with your attempts at social engineering. It actually is you that doesn't understand human behavior nor do you understand that this POS legislation does nothing to address the infrastructure thus quality and quantity of care.

    The doctor problem is a serious problem that you want to sweep under the rug. You ignore how incentive affects supply and how many doctors will leave the profession because of this legislation when fully implemented. On paper liberal legislation sounds good to a select group of people when the reality is liberal legislation has always cost more than intended, does less than intended and never solves a problem. This liberal legislation will be no different. Also liberal arrogance is no different. Different set of liberals, more spending, great debt, and the problems not solved.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You need to learn more about individual responsibility and stop with your attempts at social engineering. It actually is you that doesn't understand human behavior nor do you understand that this POS legislation does nothing to address the infrastructure thus quality and quantity of care.

    The doctor problem is a serious problem that you want to sweep under the rug. You ignore how incentive affects supply and how many doctors will leave the profession because of this legislation when fully implemented. On paper liberal legislation sounds good to a select group of people when the reality is liberal legislation has always cost more than intended, does less than intended and never solves a problem. This liberal legislation will be no different. Also liberal arrogance is no different. Different set of liberals, more spending, great debt, and the problems not solved.
    Individual responsibility is having insurance. Those who don't are not being responsible.

    And no, it is not that serious. The doctor shortage is a problem, but not one that negates everything. No, it is not that large.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Individual responsibility is having insurance. Those who don't are not being responsible.

    And no, it is not that serious. The doctor shortage is a problem, but not one that negates everything. No, it is not that large.
    No, individual responsibility is whatever the individual deems necessary. Millions CHOOSE not to buy insurance. Telling a millionaire that he or she needs insurance is what liberals always do. Stick to your own business and let those people decide for themselves.

    The doctor shortage is a problem and going to get worse when the govt. adds millions to the roles of the insured and doctors drop out of the profession because of the increased work load and lower reimbursement rates. This bill does nothing to improve the quality or quantity of healthcare and no matter how many times you make the same argument the facts do not change nor does it become right.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Individual responsibility is having insurance. Those who don't are not being responsible.

    And no, it is not that serious. The doctor shortage is a problem, but not one that negates everything. No, it is not that large.
    Here is what that "individual responsibility" will cost individuals, consumers, and businesses? This is an example of social engineering. Please tell me how any of this creates more jobs thus more taxpayers and will boost the economy.

    health-care-reform-tax-hikes-on-the-way: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •