Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #191
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Yeah, stop showing your "liberal ignorance."

  2. #192
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Then why would you expect that from the govt? Since you seem to want what the rest of the world has does that include wages and quality of life?
    Because you are comparing oranges an apples. We spend more on Health care than the rest of the world. We will save money by UHC. That has been the documented experience in the rest of the developed world.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #193
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Because you are comparing oranges an apples. We spend more on Health care than the rest of the world. We will save money by UHC. That has been the documented experience in the rest of the developed world.
    Who are we? What do you spend on healthcare and why do you generalize or broadbrush this.

    You claim that we will save money by UHC, how do you know? When has that ever happened that you save money and get better care?

    Stop buying what you are hearing or reading and actually do some research. Too many people buy the general rhetoric and ignore their own personal situation. You aren't that different from others so why do you think the govt. can do better than you can do yourself?

    WE are a country of 50 independent states so how does the govt. implement UHC in those 50 states?

  4. #194
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who are we? What do you spend on healthcare and why do you generalize or broadbrush this.

    You claim that we will save money by UHC, how do you know? When has that ever happened that you save money and get better care?

    Stop buying what you are hearing or reading and actually do some research. Too many people buy the general rhetoric and ignore their own personal situation. You aren't that different from others so why do you think the govt. can do better than you can do yourself?

    WE are a country of 50 independent states so how does the govt. implement UHC in those 50 states?
    "At least 15% of the population is completely uninsured,[1][2][3] and a substantial additional portion of the population (21%) is "underinsured", or not able to cover the costs of their medical needs.[4][5] More money per person is spent on health care in the United States than in any other nation in the world,[6][7] and a greater percentage of total income in the nation is spent on health care in the U.S. than in any United Nations member state except for East Timor.[7] Despite the fact that not all citizens are covered, the United States has the third highest public healthcare expenditure per capita.[8][9] A 2001 study in five states found that medical debt contributed to 62% of all personal bankruptcies."
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_the_United_States]Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #195
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    "At least 15% of the population is completely uninsured,[1][2][3] and a substantial additional portion of the population (21%) is "underinsured", or not able to cover the costs of their medical needs.[4][5] More money per person is spent on health care in the United States than in any other nation in the world,[6][7] and a greater percentage of total income in the nation is spent on health care in the U.S. than in any United Nations member state except for East Timor.[7] Despite the fact that not all citizens are covered, the United States has the third highest public healthcare expenditure per capita.[8][9] A 2001 study in five states found that medical debt contributed to 62% of all personal bankruptcies."
    Health care in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Stop buying the numbers without getting the numbers. Who defines under insured, would you call Rush Limbaugh uninsured or underinsured? He has no insurance as do many wealthy individuals who choose to pay for their services.

    I asked you a question that you ignored. How much do you pay for health insurance? What makes you different from everyone else? Are you smarter than most? You have no problem using statistics without knowing what goes into creating those statistics. How do you know these stats compare apples to apples?

    The fact that you wont tell what you pay for health insurance again shows an arrogance that says this really isn't about you but instead is about others that you do not know.

    Why do you think that I should pay for your insurance. I don't expect you to pay for mine. This bill does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare and if you have paid any attention to the posts I have posted facts that there is a doctor shortage now and what happens when you add 30 million more to the roles. I also posted facts that the insured are using the ER's because they cannot get into seeing a doctor. This bill does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare or lower costs.

  6. #196
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Stop buying the numbers without getting the numbers.
    I'll go with the numbers by the experts rather than your opinion. But thanks just the same.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #197
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'll go with the numbers by the experts rather than your opinion. But thanks just the same.
    Too bad you don't spend more time focusing on what you can control instead of trying to micromanage what others do.

    Keep ignoring the facts that go into those numbers. What determines whether or not someone is under insured? How many of those not insured CHOOSE not to purchase insurance? How many of those uninsured are uninsured short term?

    You want so badly to believe what you are told and that makes you a liberal, hardly a small "c" Conservative. All I hear from liberals is whining and complaining. You all must live a miserable life as all you ever want to do is create victims. Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts.

    If you truly care about the uninsured then find out why they are uninsured and actually do something that will improve quality of care and actually lower costs. Subsidizing people does nothing to lower actual healthcare costs.

  8. #198
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Too bad you don't spend more time focusing on what you can control instead of trying to micromanage what others do.
    The people are supposed to tell our leaders what to do, by elections. My efforts (along with the majority of voters in this country) were directed at getting representatives elected that would take on the unaffordable health care crisis in this country. And we were successful.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #199
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The people are supposed to tell our leaders what to do, by elections. My efforts (along with the majority of voters in this country) were directed at getting representatives elected that would take on the unaffordable health care crisis in this country. And we were successful.
    Well then when can we expect you and the majority to deliver on your commitment. Nothing in this bill lowers costs and improves quality. A universal plan makes it worse. It may lower what people pay but that doesn't lower actual costs. All it will do is increase the debt and how do you expect that to be paid?

  10. #200
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I see are politicians that aren't addressing those statements nor am I seeing politicians taking action over those so called lies that you blame Bush for. Where were the impeachment charges? Not surprised that you ignore that reality.
    Don't confuse things. Not putting the country through the fight charges would bring doesn't mean Bush wasn't wrong. The facts show that.

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •