Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 570

Thread: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

  1. #111
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, it isn't. in once case you are regulating an economic activity. in another, you are regulating mere existence. you cannot mandate someone purchase a private product just for being alive.
    Not really true. It is an activity to walk into a hospital and get service. People who are uninsured do in fact walk into an ER and get service. And we pay for it. The law, just like the law for uninsured motorists, is designed to protect the rest of us from paying for their lack of responsibility. So, you are in fact misreading the situation.

    smart money is betting against recent precedent? smart money is stupid.
    Actually, as best I can find, the precedence favors the law standing. I linked some of that for you some place earlier. So, yes, you are betting against precedence and that isn't smart.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not really true. It is an activity to walk into a hospital and get service. People who are uninsured do in fact walk into an ER and get service. And we pay for it. The law, just like the law for uninsured motorists, is designed to protect the rest of us from paying for their lack of responsibility. So, you are in fact misreading the situation.



    Actually, as best I can find, the precedence favors the law standing. I linked some of that for you some place earlier. So, yes, you are betting against precedence and that isn't smart.

    Yet you continue to ignore what has been posted on another thread, there is a current lack of doctors and infrastructure to support this healthcare bill and has resulted in insured using the ER's in record numbers because they cannot get into a doctor's office. Nothing in this POS legislation solves the infrastructure problem but instead overburdens the system further by adding another 30 million to the roles.

    You seem to believe that healthcare is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you want me to pay for your health insurance, send me a bill personally, not created forced payment by the other taxpayers for your inability to accept personal responsibility.

    Not sure where you got your education but apparently your education system taught you a different role of the Federal Govt. than mine. Your entire argument seems to be overuse of the ER's by the uninsured but as I posted the rise in ER usage is by the insured, not the uninsured. That simply destroys your opinion.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet you continue to ignore what has been posted on another thread, there is a current lack of doctors and infrastructure to support this healthcare bill and has resulted in insured using the ER's in record numbers because they cannot get into a doctor's office. Nothing in this POS legislation solves the infrastructure problem but instead overburdens the system further by adding another 30 million to the roles.

    You seem to believe that healthcare is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. Nothing could be further from the truth. If you want me to pay for your health insurance, send me a bill personally, not created forced payment by the other taxpayers for your inability to accept personal responsibility.

    Not sure where you got your education but apparently your education system taught you a different role of the Federal Govt. than mine. Your entire argument seems to be overuse of the ER's by the uninsured but as I posted the rise in ER usage is by the insured, not the uninsured. That simply destroys your opinion.
    I don't now nor have I ignored it. It simply isn't the problem you make it out to be. It is a small problem to which there will be adjustments made.

    Nor have I ever said it was a right. I don't think of it that way. Again, I think of it as solving a problem. We're treating people right now, paying for them right now, and it is costing all of us right now. The solution to do nothing, which is what this not passing and republican control amounts to, solves nothing. It isn't even a first step.

  4. #114
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The topic isn't about whether you personally agree that the healthcare bill is right or wrong. Its about whether the GOP is genuine in their opposition or whether their actions demonstrate otherwise.
    There are plenty of other topics to express your personal like or dislike of the healthcare bill.
    I think we all know the deal. No matter WHAT the Prez proposes, the GOP will oppose as a matter of pride and principle. Good, bad, it doesn't matter.
    They are, without a doubt, the party of NO!

    Their constituancy does not approve of this "black, muslim, Kenyan." To cooperate with him on ANYTHING, could cost them their job. Not a nutsack in the whole bunch. Much like the dems, when Gore lost to Bush, they are very unhappy with the election results. They aren't handling democracy with much grace, that's for sure.

    It tickles me pink to hear them say "The American people don't want it." Truth is, SOME American's don't want it. Some do. We make our wants and desires known in the voting booth. That's a tough pill to swallow for some folks.

    Bring up the fact that 70'ish% of American's believe the Iraqi war was an unnecessary mistake and then see how they feel about what "American's want" then. You'll get, "Sometimes the president has to make decisions and he can't make them based on polls." But, for some reason, that courtesy isn't allowed to Obama. Go figure.
    Last edited by Captain America; 04-02-10 at 12:43 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't now nor have I ignored it. It simply isn't the problem you make it out to be. It is a small problem to which there will be adjustments made.

    Nor have I ever said it was a right. I don't think of it that way. Again, I think of it as solving a problem. We're treating people right now, paying for them right now, and it is costing all of us right now. The solution to do nothing, which is what this not passing and republican control amounts to, solves nothing. It isn't even a first step.
    by your definition it is a small problem because you don't want to address it so you ignore it. Adjustments should have been made prior to passing this POS.

    How does this bill address the shortage of doctors and the fact that illegals are using the Emergency room along with the insured? The solution is to solve the doctor shortage, hospital shortages, and the illegal immigration problem, not pass a POS legislation that only increases the debt and does nothing to improve the quality of care or reduce the costs.

    Yours is the same argument just a different day as you continue to ignore the problem but have no problem putting that bandaid on it.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I think we all know the deal. No matter WHAT the Prez proposes, the GOP will oppose as a matter of pride and principle. Good, bad, it doesn't matter.
    They are, without a doubt, the party of NO!

    Their constituancy does not approve of this "black, muslim, Kenyan." To cooperate with him on ANYTHING, could cost them their job. Not a nutsack in the whole bunch. Much like the dems, when Gore lost to Bush, they are very unhappy with the election results. They aren't handling democracy with much grace, that's for sure.

    It tickles me pink to hear them say "The American people don't want it." Truth is, SOME American's don't want it. Some do. We make our wants and desires known in the voting booth. That's a tough pill to swallow for some folks.

    Yes, unfortunately are are millions in this country that want it because they believe healthcare insurance is a right, not a personal responsibility. these are the same people that have a different opinion as to the role of govt. than I was taught.

    Your argument that hte GOP is the party of "NO" is liberal spin perpetuated by the inability of the GOP to get any press on their legislation. Paul Ryan eloquently presented the GOP legislation but that was ignored by the media or buried in the back pages of the paper.

    There is a solution to the healthcare problem but this bill doesn't solve it. There is a shortage of doctors and all this bill does is put greater burden on the ER's and the current system. It does nothing to improve quality or lower costs.

  7. #117
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Wish I had your crystal ball. I'd be at the casino instead of here.

    Perhaps your right. Hey, I'm human too. I understand your frustration.

    It irks me to no end that some dumbasses out there, spitting and cussing, screaming at the tea parties, or some whacko from Phelp's church has a vote that equals mine. But hey, that's America. What cha gonna do?
    Last edited by Captain America; 04-02-10 at 12:47 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    by your definition it is a small problem because you don't want to address it so you ignore it. Adjustments should have been made prior to passing this POS.

    How does this bill address the shortage of doctors and the fact that illegals are using the Emergency room along with the insured? The solution is to solve the doctor shortage, hospital shortages, and the illegal immigration problem, not pass a POS legislation that only increases the debt and does nothing to improve the quality of care or reduce the costs.

    Yours is the same argument just a different day as you continue to ignore the problem but have no problem putting that bandaid on it.
    No, it's a small problem because it is a small problem. And the problem is addressed in the bill. More can be done, but there was some incentive added to encourage more doctors, especially more general practitioners. I linked something on that for you.

    Again, illegals are another problem, falling under another area to be dealt with. However, neither party has shown any real desire to deal with that problem. I repeat, no party has shown any desire to deal with illegal immigration.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Wish I had your crystal ball. I'd be at the casino instead of here.

    Perhaps your right. Hey, I'm human too. I understand your frustration.

    It irks me to no end that some dumbasses out there, spitting and cussing, screaming at the tea parties, or some whacko from Phelp's church has a vote that equals mine. But hey, that's America. What cha gonna do?
    I don't need a crystal ball to review actual history which shows results of the Federal Govt. social engineering.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: New health insurance requirement.....was a GOP idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it's a small problem because it is a small problem. And the problem is addressed in the bill. More can be done, but there was some incentive added to encourage more doctors, especially more general practitioners. I linked something on that for you.

    Again, illegals are another problem, falling under another area to be dealt with. However, neither party has shown any real desire to deal with that problem. I repeat, no party has shown any desire to deal with illegal immigration.
    How do you know it is a small problem, cite your source? Costs have not been addressed in this bill, only perceived corporate profits. Nothing in this bill lowers the cost of healthcare which will continue to rise.

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •