Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Red Skelton and the Pledge

  1. #1
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Some of you never heard of Red Skelton and this has been around for awhile but its always mice to hear again:


    Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance | Put Christ Back Into Schools | Causes
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #2
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    24,640

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Whistling in the dark for the good old days that never existed? There's a good reason it's rarely heard. It's a pile of steaming turgid dross, tall as its mercifully dead author. Let it lie.
    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

    Trumpery: Anything calculated to deceive by false show; anything externally splendid, but intrinsically of little value; worthless finery.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    The attitude of anti-American Liberals is that ours is a Country Obama needs to destroy and then turn into their idealistic Utopian Socialist/Marxist 3rd world nation where it's a race to the bottom.

    This world did ad does exist in the hearts and minds of real Americans who have values and still respect the Constitution and the principles out Country like no other in history was founded.

    Our undoing will be the wacko leftist with no values but lots of false caims to make and names to call others.

    Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.

  4. #4
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    If the times before 1969 when Christ was in public school made the United States so great then why did African-Americans have to protest to gain their civil rights that were denied to them before then?

  5. #5
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Whistling in the dark for the good old days that never existed? There's a good reason it's rarely heard. It's a pile of steaming turgid dross, tall as its mercifully dead author. Let it lie.
    It was probably before your time but it existed my left wing friend....We had our problems but it did exist.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,643
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    I had the pleasure not long ago of seeing a PBS special on Red Skelton. For any one who has not seen his comedy, I strongly suggest that you check it out. The man was hilarious, and clearly loved his work. It's also important to remember that that is what Red Skelton was, a comedian.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  7. #7
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I had the pleasure not long ago of seeing a PBS special on Red Skelton. For any one who has not seen his comedy, I strongly suggest that you check it out. The man was hilarious, and clearly loved his work. It's also important to remember that that is what Red Skelton was, a comedian.
    He was also a true patriot who loved this country........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,643
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    He was also a true patriot who loved this country........
    Which has exactly what to do with what I said?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  9. #9
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which has exactly what to do with what I said?
    Not sure that was your point more to the fact that he is just a comedian... Of course I could say the same thing about most of the comedians in Hollywood today that think they are hot shot politicians..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #10
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Red Skelton and the Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Whistling in the dark for the good old days that never existed? There's a good reason it's rarely heard. It's a pile of steaming turgid dross, tall as its mercifully dead author. Let it lie.
    What rock did you call out from under? If you don't like the post, ignore it and move on. IMO, your statement shows what you think of America, and its not much.
    "
    If we have data, let's look at the data. if all we have is opinions let's go with mine
    -barksdale
    "

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •