Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

  1. #11
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That in general relies entirely on which side wins.
    Yup......... look how well it worked out for the British a few years ago.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #12
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    And, maybe there's another more important observation than merely that these people appear to be utterly foolish in their misdeeds. And that is, when one attempts to victimize political opponents: the act itself reflects not on the character and politics of the target but rather that of the aggressor.

    These recent acts bring discredit and disfavor to the opponents of health care reform; whatever merits their arguments may have had, they are brushed aside by the horror and dismay people feel towards these arbitrary acts of violence.
    It's pretty ****ing disgusting that you're using an incident like this to try to discredit a political opinion. It could have been Boehner and Bush who cut that pipe, and that wouldn't mean a goddamn thing about whether someone else who opposes the health care bill is justified in doing so. Not everything needs to be for political gain.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #13
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    [It's a shame you couldn't offer your own blanket condemnation of violence Coronado.]
    No, the shame is that you think it would actually matter. I have no more control over what these people do than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    And, maybe there's another more important observation than merely that these people appear to be utterly foolish in their misdeeds. And that is, when one attempts to victimize political opponents: the act itself reflects not on the character and politics of the target but rather that of the aggressor.
    Pretty much the only observation this thread warrants is that mindless partisan clowns will say just about anything to attack their opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    These recent acts bring discredit and disfavor to the opponents of health care reform; whatever merits their arguments may have had, they are brushed aside by the horror and dismay people feel towards these arbitrary acts of violence.
    In that case, this nullifies any pro-Obama argument you could ever make.


  4. #14
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    No, the shame is that you think it would actually matter. I have no more control over what these people do than you.Pretty much the only observation this thread warrants is that mindless partisan clowns will say just about anything to attack their opponents.In that case, this nullifies any pro-Obama argument you could ever make.

    So, there's no need for you to condemn political violence because your opinion doesn't matter. Got it.

    Your linking to a picture of Ashley Todd's bruised and scarred face isn't helping your argument. See: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax]Ashley Todd mugging hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]


    Rather it reminds people, that there have been attempts to smear a political movement and undermine their credibility by implying that members of the movement do bad things. Why would someone do that if, in fact, there's no consequence for such bad publicity? They do, of course, precisely because it can be profoundly hurtful to a political movement or cause and that's because the actions and tactics of the proponents are very much associated by the public to the virtue and credibility of the underlying cause.

    Or, are you suggesting that supporters of health care reform cut the gas lines to the wrong person's house to somehow smear the health care reform opposition? There's an interesting conspiracy theory. It certainly makes the opposition look foolish if not outright dumb. However, I have to conclude that this conspiracy theory serves no purpose; much of the opposition already looked foolish if not outright dumb.
    Last edited by Chappy; 03-24-10 at 11:29 PM.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  5. #15
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    So, there's no need for you to condemn political violence because your opinion doesn't matter. Got it.

    Your linking to a picture of Ashley Todd's bruised and scarred face isn't helping your argument. See: Ashley Todd mugging hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Rather it reminds people, that there have been attempts to smear a political movement and undermine their credibility by implying that members of the movement do bad things. Why would someone do that if, in fact, there's no consequence for such bad publicity? They do, of course, precisely because it can be profoundly hurtful to a political movement or cause and that's because the actions and tactics of the proponents are very much associated by the public to the virtue and credibility of the underlying cause.

    Or, are you suggesting that supporters of health care reform cut the gas lines to the wrong person's house to somehow smear the health care reform opposition? There's an interesting conspiracy theory. It certainly makes the opposition look foolish if not outright dumb. However, I have to conclude that this conspiracy theory serves no purpose; much of the opposition already looked foolish if not outright dumb.
    Are you being intentionally obtuse, or do you really believe the bull**** you're posting?

    Anyway, I'm done with serious replies to you. I have a low tolerance for party drones.

  6. #16
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Wow, those were serious replies?
    Last edited by Chappy; 03-24-10 at 11:37 PM.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  7. #17
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: FBI investigating Perriello incident in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Wow, those were serious replies?
    Yeah, had a little neural action going on there. You should give it a try sometime.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    FBI investigating severed gas line at Rep. Tom Perriello's brother home

    FBI investigating severed gas line at Rep. Tom Perriello's brother home

    After Tea Party activists posted the supposed address of Rep. Tom Perriello's (D-VA) home, a gas line was cut at his brother's property. The activists posted the wrong address in Virginia on the internet.

    The FBI and local authorities are investigating the incident. Threats and acts of violence have escalated after President Barack Obama signed the Health Care Reform bill into law. Some Tea Party Activists have been calling for acts of violence against members of Congress and the Democratic headquarters throughout the states.
    So, dumb**** teabagger... um, sorry, Tea Party Activist posts the home address of a congressman on his blog (he thinks).... But it's the wrong address. It's that of Perriello's brother.

    Then this criminal 'mastermind' scumbag, Tea Party member Mike Troxel, encourages people to drop by for a “good face-to-face chat”.

    Nice.

    From another source:

    The post does not have a byline but was published on a blog run by an organizer for the Lynchburg Tea Party, a member of the group confirmed to POLITICO. There is no contact information on the blog, but POLITICO has been able to trace the blog to Mike Troxel, an organizer for the Lynchburg Tea Party who has been active in the organization since it launched last year.

    Read more: Tea partiers told to 'drop by' Tom Perriello's home - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
    Time to tone it down people.

  9. #19
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    04-03-12 @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    104

    Re: FBI investigating severed gas line at Rep. Tom Perriello's brother home

    I agree. Although I personally hate (and I mean hate) the health care bill, violence should not be partook in, in any circumstance.

  10. #20
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: FBI investigating severed gas line at Rep. Tom Perriello's brother home

    This is what happens when a bunch of idiots really thinks that the kenyan president wants to kill his grandma with death panels and mandating that everyone pays for and gets mandatory abortions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •