Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 100

Thread: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

  1. #31
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I watched the entire program. Nothing was taken out of context.
    You stated earlier that you enjoy Beck and dislike MM. For the sake of argument, I suppose, you now are acting as if hyperbole from either of these sources is not par for the course. Mkay, fine by me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    And what are you still doing here?
    Sadly thundershowers have rolled in, ruining golf plans. What of it?

  2. #32
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him | Media Matters for America

    I am sorry but I cannot understand how anyone could listen to someone this paranoid.

    Near the end of the clip, beginning at the 50 second mark, he suggests that the administration wants to kill him.

    For those of you claiming that this comes from a biased website, ignore the site and listen to the words coming out of becks mouth. He ends the segment on his own by stating that he will be "back in a minute" so this is not being taken out of context.
    You are a perfect example of what Rush Limbaugh calls the "drive-by media." You take snippets of what Conservatives say, spin the context to meet your end goal, and then spew false claims of conservative conspiracy theories.

  3. #33
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    You are a perfect example of what Rush Limbaugh calls the "drive-by media." You take snippets of what Conservatives say, spin the context to meet your end goal, and then spew false claims of conservative conspiracy theories.
    Like I said before. Beck himself went to commercial before the clip ended. There was no creative editing.

  4. #34
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    I think it's just another attempt for Beck to claim he is being taken seriously by his political superiors. I doubt he is paranoid about his safety-I think if he believes his importance-he is just full of himself.

    I think this is the entertainer believing he represents something bigger than himself.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 03-24-10 at 07:01 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #35
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    For all I know, or we know, this could be a facade perpetrated by Beck to up his profile. There is a theatrical presence of a show that, if I am correct, is pre-recorded, so I would not be surprised if some of this was merely part of that presentation rather than an actual philosophy about himself.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #36
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    For all I know, or we know, this could be a facade perpetrated by Beck to up his profile. There is a theatrical presence of a show that, if I am correct, is pre-recorded, so I would not be surprised if some of this was merely part of that presentation rather than an actual philosophy about himself.
    You are correct, the show is pre-recorded and is not a live broadcast. Add to that the fact that Beck knows MM awaits his every utterance with baited breath, and what you have is a spin meister that really knows how to goad MM into supplying much hype and increased ratings for he and his horrible show.

  7. #37
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    I rather listen to Alex Jones than Media Matters Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  8. #38
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him | Media Matters for America

    I am sorry but I cannot understand how anyone could listen to someone this paranoid.

    Near the end of the clip, beginning at the 50 second mark, he suggests that the administration wants to kill him.

    For those of you claiming that this comes from a biased website, ignore the site and listen to the words coming out of becks mouth. He ends the segment on his own by stating that he will be "back in a minute" so this is not being taken out of context.
    If he's afraid the government wants to kill him, he better be glad it's under the Obama administration and not the Bush administration, because Cheney actually could and actually would if he really wanted to.

  9. #39
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I would bet this is sarcasm from Beck. I have seen his show a few times and he uses a lot of sarcasm for humor. Besides, Media Matters isn't about posting the truth, it spews anything and puts a spin on conservative media.
    Have you actually ever watched anything from Media Matters?

    They basically just post the actual clips from the actual person showing the actual content.

    The right-wing wackos hate them because they can't just spew out the garbage that they want and deny accountability.
    MM has caught Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Cheney..and many others in outright lies. Thats why they hate MM so much.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #40
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Beck suggests Obama administration "coming after him" and may kill him

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Have you actually ever watched anything from Media Matters?

    They basically just post the actual clips from the actual person showing the actual content.

    The right-wing wackos hate them because they can't just spew out the garbage that they want and deny accountability.
    MM has caught Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Cheney..and many others in outright lies. Thats why they hate MM so much.
    I guess you missed out on a few discussions in this thread. Last week Media Matters "edited" Rush Limbaugh answering a direct question from a caller. The question put to him was, "where will you go for medical care if this bill passes?"

    His answer, rather tongue in cheek was Costa Rica. Media Matters simply cut out the question and posted the portion of the audio where Limbaugh stated he'd "go to Costa Rica." Then they ran the "report" as Rush Limbaugh says he will move to Costa Rica.

    Yip that is the kind of integrity you get from Media Matters week in and week out. Liars calling other people liars, and the left just loves it. Can't get enough of it, in fact we get two or three Media Matters post at DP every week.

    Yeah, we've "watched" and read Media Matters and know all about their peculiar brand of honesty.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •