Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Report Claims Iran Arms Taliban

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Report Claims Iran Arms Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Rather than just labeling everyone who doesn't agree with you as sheeple, why don't you try to explain exactly why this is false and how you've managed to figure out what the reporters and officials in question are too dumb to understand? Who is the evil mastermind behind this propaganda?
    What proof has been offered that can be verified by independant sources?

    Please recall the fake nuclear trigger documents published by the Times of London.



    IRAN: New Revelations Tear Holes in Nuclear Trigger Story - IPS ipsnews.net

    New revelations about two documents leaked to The Times of London to show that Iran is working on a "nuclear trigger" mechanism have further undermined the credibility of the document the newspaper had presented as evidence of a continuing Iranian nuclear weapons programme.

    A columnist for the Times has acknowledged that the two-page Persian language document published by The Times last month was not a photocopy of the original document but an expurgated and retyped version of the original.

    A translation of a second Persian language document also published by The Times, moreover, contradicts the claim by The Times that it shows the "nuclear trigger" document was written within an organisation run by an Iranian military scientist.


    snip

    On Dec. 14, The Times published what it explicitly represented as a photocopy of a complete Persian language document showing Iranian plans for testing a neutron initiator, a triggering device for a nuclear weapon, along with an English language translation.

    But in response to a reader who noted the absence of crucial information from the document, including security markings, Oliver Kamm, an online columnist for The Times, admitted Jan. 3 that the Persian language document published by The Times was "a retyped version of the relevant parts of that original document".

    Kamm wrote that the original document had "contained a lot of classified information" and was not published "because of the danger that it would alert Iranian authorities to the source of the leak".

    In offering the explanation of the intelligence agency that leaked the document to The Times, Kamm was also damaging the credibility of the document. A document that had been both edited and retyped could obviously have been doctored by adding material on a neutron initiator.

    The reason for such editing could not have been to excise "classified information", because, if the document were genuine, the Iranian government would already have the information
    Lets just say the media have not been all that independant of the US and UK government during the last 10 years (ie NYT supporting idiotic claims of Iraqi WMD, various falsifications regarding Iran without contraction when proven false)
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #12
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Report Claims Iran Arms Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Rather than just labeling everyone who doesn't agree with you as sheeple, why don't you try to explain exactly why this is false and how you've managed to figure out what the reporters and officials in question are too dumb to understand? Who is the evil mastermind behind this propaganda?
    As for calling the people who fall for this crap sheeple

    Why not take a look at the morons who still believe Iraq had WMD programs in 2003, that it had vast stockpiles of WMD in 2003, that somehow some magical WMD fairy made them all dissappear like a tooth fairy does childerns teeth.

    If they are not sheeple, what are they?
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Report Claims Iran Arms Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    As for calling the people who fall for this crap sheeple

    Why not take a look at the morons who still believe Iraq had WMD programs in 2003, that it had vast stockpiles of WMD in 2003, that somehow some magical WMD fairy made them all dissappear like a tooth fairy does childerns teeth.

    If they are not sheeple, what are they?
    Nobody who unironically uses the term "sheeple" is worth talking to.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Report Claims Iran Arms Taliban

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    What proof has been offered that can be verified by independant sources?

    Please recall the fake nuclear trigger documents published by the Times of London.
    So your argument is that some things have been proven false before, so this one is false too?

    I'm not saying that past incidents can't make one leery of automatically believing every word of this, which is why I said "interesting if true." Dismissing it out of hand is just ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    As for calling the people who fall for this crap sheeple

    Why not take a look at the morons who still believe Iraq had WMD programs in 2003, that it had vast stockpiles of WMD in 2003, that somehow some magical WMD fairy made them all dissappear like a tooth fairy does childerns teeth.

    If they are not sheeple, what are they?
    Not sure how many people actually believe that, and not sure how that's relevant to your overbroad generalization.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •