Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #611
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    What kind of conservative allows people to live off the income of others?
    Those who don't pay for their own medical care are costing the rest of us money.
    Car insurance protects us from ourselves as well, so we don't have to pay the full ride when we cause an accident.
    First of all you didn't answer the question which isn't surprising.

    Second why are taxpayers paying for the insurance of those who can afford insurance but CHOOSE not to purchase it?

    If you hit a tree and tear up your car how does car insurance forced by the govt. help the taxpayers? You simply cannot defend the position of forcing taxpayers to fund this POS legislation based upon the inability of hospitals and doctors to collect money from those that aren't insured but have the money.

  2. #612
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My question is why are taxpayers paying for the insurance of people who can afford insurance but choose not to purchase it?

    Are there ever any consequences for poor choices in your world? You simply don't get it, millions of insured are getting treatment in the ER's now and those bills are being paid by insurance. The cost to the taxpayer is much less than you want to admit.
    They won't under the new system. Being able to afford insurance is not the same as being able to afford care. Once a hospital treats you, they can't take their services back. So, we pay and have been paying for a long time now.

    And I often ask if you are willing to let someone suffer, maybe even die, who doesn't have insurance? As a country we've said no. As long as that is the case, our options are limited.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #613
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They won't under the new system. Being able to afford insurance is not the same as being able to afford care. Once a hospital treats you, they can't take their services back. So, we pay and have been paying for a long time now.

    And I often ask if you are willing to let someone suffer, maybe even die, who doesn't have insurance? As a country we've said no. As long as that is the case, our options are limited.
    The question is which you avoid is why are the taxpayers paying for those people now? Nice diversion but that is all it is, a diversion from reality.

    Doubt anyone will get you to respond to the questions raised. Groundhog Day all over again with you.

  4. #614
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The question is which you avoid is why are the taxpayers paying for those people now? Nice diversion but that is all it is, a diversion from reality.

    Doubt anyone will get you to respond to the questions raised. Groundhog Day all over again with you.
    I told you why. They have no choice. It is done through taxes. No one to vote out for doing it. Hospitals merely hike their charges to cover them. Insurance companies hike their premiums to cover those, and you and your employer cover the cost. This rises prices everywhere, and even hinders business from competing with other countries that have a more universal health care system.

    This is not hard to follow.

    And I know no one will answer that question. As i say, there's a disconnect. They think if they are not taxed, they aren't paying for it. That is very false.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #615
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I told you why. They have no choice. It is done through taxes. No one to vote out for doing it. Hospitals merely hike their charges to cover them. Insurance companies hike their premiums to cover those, and you and your employer cover the cost. This rises prices everywhere, and even hinders business from competing with other countries that have a more universal health care system.

    This is not hard to follow.

    And I know no one will answer that question. As i say, there's a disconnect. They think if they are not taxed, they aren't paying for it. That is very false.

    So we need this POS, higher taxes, higher healthcare costs because your hospital will not go after individuals for their healthcare charges? You really want me to believe that? I cannot believe anyone promoted you to a department head. What department, social welfare?

    Why not do this with everything else as well. just don't pay and let the taxpayer bail you out, oh, wait, that is happening now. What a wonderful liberal world we live in.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So we need this POS, higher taxes, higher healthcare costs because your hospital will not go after individuals for their healthcare charges? You really want me to believe that? I cannot believe anyone promoted you to a department head. What department, social welfare?

    Why not do this with everything else as well. just don't pay and let the taxpayer bail you out, oh, wait, that is happening now. What a wonderful liberal world we live in.
    Hospital does go after them. That costs more money and few to none actual ever pay. So, more money is spent, and that leads to the hospital raising their costs, and insurance companies raisng theirs, and so on.

    Again, this has been the case for a long, long time. Nothing new. And the entire time republicans controlled congress, nothing was even attempted.

    And until we answer my question, there is nothing outside of mandating insurance and seeking to cover everyone that can be done.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #617
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hospital does go after them. That costs more money and few to none actual ever pay. So, more money is spent, and that leads to the hospital raising their costs, and insurance companies raisng theirs, and so on.

    Again, this has been the case for a long, long time. Nothing new. And the entire time republicans controlled congress, nothing was even attempted.

    And until we answer my question, there is nothing outside of mandating insurance and seeking to cover everyone that can be done.
    So what is the difference with this POS bill. There is an opt out provision so what changes. Hospitals cannot collect now, the collection agency of the govt, the IRS, will not do anything but deduct the penalty from any potential refund yet for some reason you continue to buy that this is good. Oh, wait, it is a good first step. Do you realize, apparently not, how foolish you stand in supporting something that does nothing to lower healthcare costs?

    healthcare is a personal responsibility, not a taxpayer responsibility. Your answer is because hospitals cannot collect now we need another govt. entitlement program and bureaucracy to make the problem worse? You really are very naive, obviously never running a business and obviously having no clue on personal responsibility and obligations.

  8. #618
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what is the difference with this POS bill. There is an opt out provision so what changes. Hospitals cannot collect now, the collection agency of the govt, the IRS, will not do anything but deduct the penalty from any potential refund yet for some reason you continue to buy that this is good. Oh, wait, it is a good first step. Do you realize, apparently not, how foolish you stand in supporting something that does nothing to lower healthcare costs?

    healthcare is a personal responsibility, not a taxpayer responsibility. Your answer is because hospitals cannot collect now we need another govt. entitlement program and bureaucracy to make the problem worse? You really are very naive, obviously never running a business and obviously having no clue on personal responsibility and obligations.
    States can opt out, but must provide another plan to handle it. Individuals can opt out, but must pay in some other form, like taxes. So, there is a system in place to help address the problem.

    And health care has not been personal for decades. Calling it a personal responsibility, but allowing them to not be responsible, and having us pay for their irresponsibility makes no sense.

    An no, my suggestion is that there is a more effective method. While the current bill is only marginally better, it is a start. Sooner or later, more will have to be done.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #619
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    States can opt out, but must provide another plan to handle it. Individuals can opt out, but must pay in some other form, like taxes. So, there is a system in place to help address the problem.

    And health care has not been personal for decades. Calling it a personal responsibility, but allowing them to not be responsible, and having us pay for their irresponsibility makes no sense.

    An no, my suggestion is that there is a more effective method. While the current bill is only marginally better, it is a start. Sooner or later, more will have to be done.
    LOL, states can opt out? If states can opt out that means that they buy into the healthcare bill as jammed down their throats, 17 AG's have filed suit against this mandate.

    Doctors and hospitals all over the country are opting out of taking Medicare and Medicaid yet for some reason you believe this healthcare bill will increase access. I asked you what happened if you are wrong but apparently people like you cannot admit when you are wrong.

    only you are letting people not be responsible for paying their bills. you, sir, are hopeless.

  10. #620
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, states can opt out? If states can opt out that means that they buy into the healthcare bill as jammed down their throats, 17 AG's have filed suit against this mandate.

    Doctors and hospitals all over the country are opting out of taking Medicare and Medicaid yet for some reason you believe this healthcare bill will increase access. I asked you what happened if you are wrong but apparently people like you cannot admit when you are wrong.

    only you are letting people not be responsible for paying their bills. you, sir, are hopeless.
    Lawsuits not withstanding, the fact is the states can opt out.

    Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) has a message for all the attorneys general and Republican lawmakers who are threatening lawsuits and claiming that an individual mandate for insurance coverage is unconstitutional: You don't have to abide by it -- just set up your own plan.

    The Oregon Democrat isn't inviting opponents to defy the newly-enacted health care law. Instead, he's pointing out a provision in the bill that makes moot the argument over the legality of the individual mandate.

    Speaking to the Huffington Post on Tuesday, Wyden discussed -- for one of the first times in public -- legislative language he authored which "allows a state to go out and do its own bill, including having no individual mandate."

    It's called the "Empowering States to be Innovative" amendment. And it would, quite literally, give states the right to set up their own health care system -- with or without an individual mandate or, for that matter, with or without a public option -- provided that, as Wyden puts it, "they can meet the coverage requirements of the bill."

    Wyden: Health Care Lawsuits Moot, States Can Opt Out Of Mandate

    Actually, as far as letting people be irresponsible, we've all been doing that for a long time. And you continue to argue for letting them continue to be irresponsible and for us to pay for them. That is what you are arguing.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •