Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #541
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,269

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We were further into the cycle when Reagan took office.
    No one in their right mind can say that Reagan and Obama addressed the crisis in the same manner. I asked you a question and you have ignored it so far. Let's try again, who do tax cuts empower, individuals or the govt?

    Who did the Obama rebate checks empower and what were the results of those tax cuts?

    There is a stark difference between Reagan and Obama, Reagan believed in the greatness of this country and its people whereas Obama seems to believe in his own greatness and the American govt. I cannot believe people lik you cannot see that stark difference.

  2. #542
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No one in their right mind can say that Reagan and Obama addressed the crisis in the same manner. I asked you a question and you have ignored it so far. Let's try again, who do tax cuts empower, individuals or the govt?

    Who did the Obama rebate checks empower and what were the results of those tax cuts?

    There is a stark difference between Reagan and Obama, Reagan believed in the greatness of this country and its people whereas Obama seems to believe in his own greatness and the American govt. I cannot believe people lik you cannot see that stark difference.
    The word spin is popping into mind. Cannot imagine why...

    Reagan cut taxes. Obama cut taxes(hint, in many more ways that you mention). Reagan upped spending. Obama upped spending. Reagan is the savior. Obama is the antichrist.

    That whole spin that is your last paragraph is hilarious if unprovable at best.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,269

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The word spin is popping into mind. Cannot imagine why...

    Reagan cut taxes. Obama cut taxes(hint, in many more ways that you mention). Reagan upped spending. Obama upped spending. Reagan is the savior. Obama is the antichrist.

    That whole spin that is your last paragraph is hilarious if unprovable at best.
    It is how both did it, Reagan empowered people whereas Obama empowered govt. What did you do with your Reagan Tax cut compared to what you did with your Obama tax cuts. I paid more in taxes this year than I did with Reagan. If I got a similar tax cut from Obama shouldn't I have paid less?

    Reagan tax cuts grew govt. revenue, Obama tax cuts didn't have the same effects thus cut govt. revenue. Continuing to compare the two is disengenuous.

  4. #544
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,321
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is how both did it, Reagan empowered people whereas Obama empowered govt. What did you do with your Reagan Tax cut compared to what you did with your Obama tax cuts. I paid more in taxes this year than I did with Reagan. If I got a similar tax cut from Obama shouldn't I have paid less?

    Reagan tax cuts grew govt. revenue, Obama tax cuts didn't have the same effects thus cut govt. revenue. Continuing to compare the two is disengenuous.
    So tax cuts are only good if they are republican tax cuts....

    Got it, thank you for the clarification.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,269

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So tax cuts are only good if they are republican tax cuts....

    Got it, thank you for the clarification.
    LOL, tell me how much of a tax cut did you get vs. what you got with Reagan? Show us some intellectual honesty for a change.

    Tax rate cuts are the only cuts that matter and the results are quite telling, results you want to ignore. Seems those Obama tax cuts just aren't being felt by the American consumer, wonder why?

  6. #546
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,269

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So tax cuts are only good if they are republican tax cuts....

    Got it, thank you for the clarification.
    Here are the Obama tax cuts,

    What are the 2009 & 2010 Obama Tax Cuts?

    So long as Obamaís plan does as it promises, you will see:
    A tax refund of $500 per individual ($1,000 per married couple) if youíre making under $200,000 ($250,000 if married). If under those thresholds you will also not see your tax rate increase.

    If youíre a homeowner and donít itemize your taxes, you can claim a 10% Universal Mortgage Credit. This averages out to $500 per homeowner.
    Your capital gains tax rate will stay the same unless youíre making more than the Ď$200K/$250Kí threshold. If youíre over, itíll go up 25%.

    Compare that to the 10-10-5% across the board tax cuts from Reagan. Which one benefited the individual most?

    Very easy to see why the Obama tax cuts didn't do any good and why Reagan's actually created jobs.

  7. #547
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes


  8. #548
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,541

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here are the Obama tax cuts,

    What are the 2009 & 2010 Obama Tax Cuts?

    So long as Obamaís plan does as it promises, you will see:
    A tax refund of $500 per individual ($1,000 per married couple) if youíre making under $200,000 ($250,000 if married). If under those thresholds you will also not see your tax rate increase.

    If youíre a homeowner and donít itemize your taxes, you can claim a 10% Universal Mortgage Credit. This averages out to $500 per homeowner.
    Your capital gains tax rate will stay the same unless youíre making more than the Ď$200K/$250Kí threshold. If youíre over, itíll go up 25%.

    Compare that to the 10-10-5% across the board tax cuts from Reagan. Which one benefited the individual most?

    Very easy to see why the Obama tax cuts didn't do any good and why Reagan's actually created jobs.
    When Reagan, with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", there were fewer deductions. The tax code was "simplified," and overall taxes went down. It really didn't affect me a lot, as the deductions I lost offset the tax cuts.

    When Obama, again with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", it came in the form of rebates. That didn't affect me a lot, either, but any reduction in taxes is welcome, so long as it is paired with spending cuts.

    Neither Obama's nor Reagan's tax cuts were paired with spending cuts, so the deficit grew both times.

    I voted for Reagan the first time around, thinking that he would cut back the size and power of the federal government. When that didn't happen, I didn't vote for him the second time around.

    And yes, I was old enough to vote in '80. In fact, the first president I voted for was Lyndon Johnson. That was a mistake, btw, and, if I had it to do over, I would vote for Goldwater.

    Not that my one vote would matter anyway, but I'd feel better about it.


    Both Reagan and Obama:

    Are/were charismatic leaders who had, to say the least, very strong support from some members of their respective parties.

    Came to office during difficult economic times, and tried to improve the economy by cutting taxes while increasing spending.

    Were vilified by strong opponents.

    Were strong orators good at swaying public opinion via the bully pulpit of the presidency.

    Advocated bail outs of failing financial institutions (remember the S and L crisis?)

    So far, Obama hasn't presided over a scandal of the magnitude of Iran/Contra, but give him time and he just might.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #549
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    When Reagan, with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", there were fewer deductions. The tax code was "simplified," and overall taxes went down. It really didn't affect me a lot, as the deductions I lost offset the tax cuts.

    When Obama, again with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", it came in the form of rebates. That didn't affect me a lot, either, but any reduction in taxes is welcome, so long as it is paired with spending cuts.

    Neither Obama's nor Reagan's tax cuts were paired with spending cuts, so the deficit grew both times.

    I voted for Reagan the first time around, thinking that he would cut back the size and power of the federal government. When that didn't happen, I didn't vote for him the second time around.

    And yes, I was old enough to vote in '80. In fact, the first president I voted for was Lyndon Johnson. That was a mistake, btw, and, if I had it to do over, I would vote for Goldwater.

    Not that my one vote would matter anyway, but I'd feel better about it.


    Both Reagan and Obama:

    Are/were charismatic leaders who had, to say the least, very strong support from some members of their respective parties.

    Came to office during difficult economic times, and tried to improve the economy by cutting taxes while increasing spending.

    Were vilified by strong opponents.

    Were strong orators good at swaying public opinion via the bully pulpit of the presidency.

    Advocated bail outs of failing financial institutions (remember the S and L crisis?)

    So far, Obama hasn't presided over a scandal of the magnitude of Iran/Contra, but give him time and he just might.
    Quite correct. Let's hope he avoids the scandal though.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #550
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,269

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    When Reagan, with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", there were fewer deductions. The tax code was "simplified," and overall taxes went down. It really didn't affect me a lot, as the deductions I lost offset the tax cuts.

    When Obama, again with the advice and consent of Congress, cut taxes "across the board", it came in the form of rebates. That didn't affect me a lot, either, but any reduction in taxes is welcome, so long as it is paired with spending cuts.

    Neither Obama's nor Reagan's tax cuts were paired with spending cuts, so the deficit grew both times.

    I voted for Reagan the first time around, thinking that he would cut back the size and power of the federal government. When that didn't happen, I didn't vote for him the second time around.

    And yes, I was old enough to vote in '80. In fact, the first president I voted for was Lyndon Johnson. That was a mistake, btw, and, if I had it to do over, I would vote for Goldwater.

    Not that my one vote would matter anyway, but I'd feel better about it.


    Both Reagan and Obama:

    Are/were charismatic leaders who had, to say the least, very strong support from some members of their respective parties.

    Came to office during difficult economic times, and tried to improve the economy by cutting taxes while increasing spending.

    Were vilified by strong opponents.

    Were strong orators good at swaying public opinion via the bully pulpit of the presidency.

    Advocated bail outs of failing financial institutions (remember the S and L crisis?)

    So far, Obama hasn't presided over a scandal of the magnitude of Iran/Contra, but give him time and he just might.

    Your comparisons are bogus and if you searched hard enough you could find comparisons between all Presidents in some way or another.

    None of what you posted is relevant to the real comparison, the belief in the American people vs. belief in the American govt. Who is empowered by tax cuts, govt. or taxpayerse? Which one talks about and promoted the greatness of America? Which one believes in free enterprise and capitalism?

    I find no comparison between the tax over of GM/Chrysler to the S&L crisis but apparently you do. Barack Obama is the most radical individual ever to hold the office of the Presidency and is shifting this country hard left. Anyone that believes there is a credible comparison between the vision and actions of Reagan and Obama is totally out of touch with reality and living in their own little dream world.

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •