Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #441
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,307
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Thank god! I finally found a doctor that quit! I'm hiding him under my floorboards, he said he fled after the Government Secret Police came after him for disagreeing with Obama about Health Care Reform!

  2. #442
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,568

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Have you ever made a payroll? You simply haven't a clue. You get a paycheck and don't care where it comes from. Just shows how naive you really are.
    Are you on record, then, as predicting that nearly 50% of the doctors in the USA will quit medicine when the provisions of the health care bill kick in? Really?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #443
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Thank god! I finally found a doctor that quit! I'm hiding him under my floorboards, he said he fled after the Government Secret Police came after him for disagreeing with Obama about Health Care Reform!
    Still love those Canadian experts on the U.S. Healthcare system! Keep your version of socialism north of the border.

  4. #444
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Are you on record, then, as predicting that nearly 50% of the doctors in the USA will quit medicine when the provisions of the health care bill kick in? Really?
    Whether or not it is 50% is irrelevant. Any net loss of doctors does not bode well for improved care that you are promoting. What you don't understand is how business works and how this bill does not lower healthcare costs. It may initially lower premiums due to subsidies but it does nothing to lower actual costs. Just like cash for clunkers, first time home buyer subsidies, the initial costs go down but once the subsidies are gone so are the savings.

    The Federal govt. is totally incapable of providing social services and no matter how much you promote that idea the facts simply do not support your position. Healthcare is a personal responsibility unless of course you are then going to promote govt. telling you what to eat, what to drink, and how to live your life. Wage slaves have no problem doing that since they have nothing to lose until their business goes out of business.

    Think the American people having to make a choice would choose a job or healthcare. Right now we continue to have over 15 million people not working. Fortunately for you, you aren't one of them. My bet is you would look at this differently if you were.

  5. #445
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Have you ever made a payroll? You simply haven't a clue. You get a paycheck and don't care where it comes from. Just shows how naive you really are.
    Is this your typical dodge? Doesn't seem effective to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #446
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Is this your typical dodge? Doesn't seem effective to me.
    My dodge? you have been the one dodging history throughout this and every other healthcare thread. Fact is doctors are dropping Medicare and Medicaid because of low reimbursement rates and will continue to do so. After this bill goes into effect the shortage of doctors will make this worse, not a good first step.

    now answer the question, have you ever had to make a payroll?

  7. #447
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My dodge? you have been the one dodging history throughout this and every other healthcare thread. Fact is doctors are dropping Medicare and Medicaid because of low reimbursement rates and will continue to do so. After this bill goes into effect the shortage of doctors will make this worse, not a good first step.

    now answer the question, have you ever had to make a payroll?
    They are doing this before reform (history). They will not drop a newly insured person who had to buy his own insurance under the law. It's a different thing. Nor will they drop those who receive assistance in getting their own insurance. Again, different. And with some of the better incentives for taking medicare and medicaid patients, along with incentives to share in the savings doctors earn by reducing costs, there is little that makes this worse than what we presently have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #448
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They are doing this before reform (history). They will not drop a newly insured person who had to buy his own insurance under the law. It's a different thing. Nor will they drop those who receive assistance in getting their own insurance. Again, different. And with some of the better incentives for taking medicare and medicaid patients, along with incentives to share in the savings doctors earn by reducing costs, there is little that makes this worse than what we presently have.
    the vast majority in this country disagree with you and are supporting the repeal of this POS. What is it that you know that they don't?

    I asked you what if you are wrong? Since you don't have anything invested probably nothing. Doctors however have a lot invested in their profession and run the risk of losing it all. There is no incentive in this bill to become or remain a doctor. Just think, you get to have more patients at a lower cost with the same amount of hours in the day. You really are naive.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the vast majority in this country disagree with you and are supporting the repeal of this POS. What is it that you know that they don't?

    I asked you what if you are wrong? Since you don't have anything invested probably nothing. Doctors however have a lot invested in their profession and run the risk of losing it all. There is no incentive in this bill to become or remain a doctor. Just think, you get to have more patients at a lower cost with the same amount of hours in the day. You really are naive.
    Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. History tells us they like to keep these types of programs. See Medicare and Medicaid and SS. History if you will.

    Wrong about what? Doctors leaving? It is laughable to think they will. The money is still too good for them to walk away. But like anything that happens, we adjust. And we will continue to adjust our health care system. Change is a constant.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #450
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. History tells us they like to keep these types of programs. See Medicare and Medicaid and SS. History if you will.

    Wrong about what? Doctors leaving? It is laughable to think they will. The money is still too good for them to walk away. But like anything that happens, we adjust. And we will continue to adjust our health care system. Change is a constant.
    The one thing that never will change is a liberal never admitting when wrong.

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •