Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #431
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, actually it's not. It's far more complicated than that. And you spout far too many mindless stereotypes to suggest you're actually an expert here. Sorry.
    Since I am the one that you claim spouts far too many mindelss stereotypes and that you are the expert here believing what the CBO tells you, how do you respond to the following since your precious CBO now has another revised estimate for healthcare

    ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper

    CBO: Health Care Bill Will Cost $115 Billion More Than Previously Assessed
    May 12, 2010 9:08 AM

    The director of the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday that the health care reform legislation would cost, over the next ten years, $115 billion more than previously thought, bringing the total cost to more than $1 trillion.

    The revised figure is due to estimated costs to federal agencies to implement the new health care reform bill such as administrative expenses for the Internal Revenue Services and the Department of Health and Human Services -- and the costs for a "variety of grant and other program spending for which specified funding levels for one or more years are provided in the act."

    Is there ever going to come a time that you question what you are told by officials in D.C.?

  2. #432
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since I am the one that you claim spouts far too many mindelss stereotypes and that you are the expert here believing what the CBO tells you, how do you respond to the following since your precious CBO now has another revised estimate for healthcare

    ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper

    CBO: Health Care Bill Will Cost $115 Billion More Than Previously Assessed
    May 12, 2010 9:08 AM

    The director of the Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday that the health care reform legislation would cost, over the next ten years, $115 billion more than previously thought, bringing the total cost to more than $1 trillion.

    The revised figure is due to estimated costs to federal agencies to implement the new health care reform bill such as administrative expenses for the Internal Revenue Services and the Department of Health and Human Services -- and the costs for a "variety of grant and other program spending for which specified funding levels for one or more years are provided in the act."

    Is there ever going to come a time that you question what you are told by officials in D.C.?
    Care to provide a link?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Care to provide a link?
    Still doubting me? Why don't you question more what you are being told by people in this Administration?

    CBO: Health Care Bill Will Cost $115 Billion More Than Previously Assessed - Political Punch

  4. #434
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Still doubting me? Why don't you question more what you are being told by people in this Administration?

    CBO: Health Care Bill Will Cost $115 Billion More Than Previously Assessed - Political Punch
    Nope. I had seen this before. What tickles me is now you trust them.

    Go back and read and you will see that I doubted the savings would be what the CBO claimed, but that this is a step in the right direction. It still is. And what I explained is still true.The government Budget versus our savings are different. This does not address what I argued above.

    However, your article does say savings with this bill are still possible. Like I said, other actions will have to accompany it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    The healthcare bill passed, such as it is.

    Where have all those doctors who quit medicine gone now?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #436
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The healthcare bill passed, such as it is.

    Where have all those doctors who quit medicine gone now?
    It'll be a long wait for them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. I had seen this before. What tickles me is now you trust them.

    Go back and read and you will see that I doubted the savings would be what the CBO claimed, but that this is a step in the right direction. It still is. And what I explained is still true.The government Budget versus our savings are different. This does not address what I argued above.

    However, your article does say savings with this bill are still possible. Like I said, other actions will have to accompany it.

    What you continue to ignore is the history of the CBO and their projections. you want badly to believe that this POS will cut actual healthcare costs when there is nothing in this bill that does that. Access does not reduce costs, it increases them especially with an opt out penalty that leaves only the chronically ill in the program. You really are naive?

    When you spend over a trillion dollars it better be something more than a good first step. I don't buy CBO numbers and never will but posted this since you seem to believe the projections. Fact is the projections are always going to change as more and more spending occurs and economic conditions change. Stop buying what you are told and think for a change.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It'll be a long wait for them.
    Interesting how predictions of doctors dropping out are taken as gospel when the reality is the bill hasn't gone into effect yet. why would a doctor drop out now before the bill goes into effect? Some people simply are incapable of thinking.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting how predictions of doctors dropping out are taken as gospel when the reality is the bill hasn't gone into effect yet. why would a doctor drop out now before the bill goes into effect? Some people simply are incapable of thinking.
    Doctors aren't going anywhere. It's pure silliness to believe they will.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #440
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doctors aren't going anywhere. It's pure silliness to believe they will.
    Have you ever made a payroll? You simply haven't a clue. You get a paycheck and don't care where it comes from. Just shows how naive you really are.

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •