Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #391
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Contribute more to what? They have different missions. Apples and oranges. You make a mistake in thinking it is either one or the other.
    No, you are the one that seems to be trying to convince us all as to the value of govt. Both contribute to R&D but only one does it effeciently and for the benefit of shareholders.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you are the one that seems to be trying to convince us all as to the value of govt. Both contribute to R&D but only one does it effeciently and for the benefit of shareholders.
    So, only things that benefit shareholders are of value. Advances in medicine, heart surgery, anything that helps people is of no benefit unless a shareholder makes money?

    Again, much has been developed by government dollars, on the government dime, that later led to profits for others. You're skipping a lot here just to stay true to a mindless stereotype that asks no questions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, only things that benefit shareholders are of value. Advances in medicine, heart surgery, anything that helps people is of no benefit unless a shareholder makes money?

    Again, much has been developed by government dollars, on the government dime, that later led to profits for others. You're skipping a lot here just to stay true to a mindless stereotype that asks no questions.
    Shareholders are people, corporations are people so tell me where is that belief in people? You claim the govt. is we the people yet for some reason people investing in corporations aren't?

    Why don't we all just work for the govt. and all become wage slaves just like you?

  4. #394
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Shareholders are people, corporations are people so tell me where is that belief in people? You claim the govt. is we the people yet for some reason people investing in corporations aren't?

    Why don't we all just work for the govt. and all become wage slaves just like you?
    You see, when you hold too strong to stereotypes, you sometimes don't really hear what's being said. I have no problem with shareholders and companies or corporations benefiting. None.

    However, people can also benefit from advances made at a teaching / research hospital largely financed with government money. Not only can they, but they have and do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You see, when you hold too strong to stereotypes, you sometimes don't really hear what's being said. I have no problem with shareholders and companies or corporations benefiting. None.

    However, people can also benefit from advances made at a teaching / research hospital largely financed with government money. Not only can they, but they have and do.
    There is a role for the govt. Read the Constitution to find out what that role really is. Hint, it has nothing to do with providing healthcare insurance or access to the American people.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is a role for the govt. Read the Constitution to find out what that role really is. Hint, it has nothing to do with providing healthcare insurance or access to the American people.
    How limited it is will be settled in court. But don't hold your breath as we've done far more for decades than what you suggest.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #397
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How limited it is will be settled in court. But don't hold your breath as we've done far more for decades than what you suggest.
    Exactly yet every day you bring up the same argument hoping that today is the day others buy your point of view. Your visiion of the govt and its role is unsustainable but that just goes to show how economically challenged you really are.

  8. #398
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly yet every day you bring up the same argument hoping that today is the day others buy your point of view. Your visiion of the govt and its role is unsustainable but that just goes to show how economically challenged you really are.
    'Unsustainable' is having a massive class of uninsured persons stretched out over American society.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 05-11-10 at 02:18 AM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #399
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    'Unsustainable' is having a massive class of uninsured persons stretched out over American society.
    Insurance is a personal responsibility not a taxpayer responsibility. you want to insure someone else, pay for it.

    By the way, 3-5% of the people uninsured due to the inability to pay is a very small percentage of the overall problem. That is certainly sustainable but also fixable.
    Last edited by Conservative; 05-11-10 at 10:28 AM.

  10. #400
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly yet every day you bring up the same argument hoping that today is the day others buy your point of view. Your visiion of the govt and its role is unsustainable but that just goes to show how economically challenged you really are.


    Again, the present system is unsustainable.

    Also, Morality Games is exactly correct. We can't continue to pay for the uninsured and under insured. You are only being responsible when you have enough cash to handle any emergency or enough insurance to handle. If you do not, you're not being responsible.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •