Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #361
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I hope you won't mind that I don't consider you an expert on logic and common sense. I would prefer that you present evidence, which is the basis of logic and sense.
    No problem, as long as you don't expect me to consider you an expert on business, economics, or healthcare.

  2. #362
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No problem, as long as you don't expect me to consider you an expert on business, economics, or healthcare.
    Don't present myself as one. I actually link to others who are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #363
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't present myself as one. I actually link to others who are.
    You link to others that you want to believe and ignore those who are also experts but are on the other side of the issue.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You link to others that you want to believe and ignore those who are also experts but are on the other side of the issue.
    Wow! And how is this different than you and others? Fact is we link people who know something about it. We often use competing opinions by experts when such exist. And in doing so, neither side is partisan, ignorant, or any other such nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wow! And how is this different than you and others? Fact is we link people who know something about it. We often use competing opinions by experts when such exist. And in doing so, neither side is partisan, ignorant, or any other such nonsense.
    Difference is I use history and actual numbers from history to support my point of view. You totally ignore actual numbers and buy projections from sources who have never been accurate that far out. Apparently you don't see the difference.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Difference is I use history and actual numbers from history to support my point of view. You totally ignore actual numbers and buy projections from sources who have never been accurate that far out. Apparently you don't see the difference.
    I know you think well of what you use, but you really pay attention to the wrong things and make broad generalizations based on the information. This is not valid no matter who does it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know you think well of what you use, but you really pay attention to the wrong things and make broad generalizations based on the information. This is not valid no matter who does it.
    If you have better numbers than the Bureau of Economic Analysis, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the U.S. Treasury Dept. which is the checkbook of the United States then please offer up those sources.

    You posted that the CBO scored the healthcare bill and stated it would cut the deficit in 20 years. Never has CBO been correct that far out nor are they correct past 2 years out yet you still hang on those projections.

    Somehow I believe your ideology prevents you from actually objectively looking at historical data and results and that is a huge mistake on your part.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you have better numbers than the Bureau of Economic Analysis, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the U.S. Treasury Dept. which is the checkbook of the United States then please offer up those sources.

    You posted that the CBO scored the healthcare bill and stated it would cut the deficit in 20 years. Never has CBO been correct that far out nor are they correct past 2 years out yet you still hang on those projections.

    Somehow I believe your ideology prevents you from actually objectively looking at historical data and results and that is a huge mistake on your part.
    Those numbers you present don't tell us what we need to know. Nor do they make your generalizations accurate.

    And the CBO is the best predictive numbers we have. No one claims them to be perfect, or that they won't be adjusted as time goes on and new information is added.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those numbers you present don't tell us what we need to know. Nor do they make your generalizations accurate.

    And the CBO is the best predictive numbers we have. No one claims them to be perfect, or that they won't be adjusted as time goes on and new information is added.
    So no answer. Tell me why actual numbers don't tell "us" what we need to know? Who is us?

    The numbers posted tell us what happened regardless how you spin it. CBO makes predictions. What is the accuracy of the CBO or does it even matter? What is it about an ideology that creates people like you who ignores actual numbers and buys projections that have never been accurate past two years?

    Obviously you are having problems reconciling what you have been told vs what actually happened. Wonder if you know what those numbers posted actually mean? Need help reading them? Obviously you need help understanding them. Please seek it.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So no answer. Tell me why actual numbers don't tell "us" what we need to know? Who is us?

    The numbers posted tell us what happened regardless how you spin it. CBO makes predictions. What is the accuracy of the CBO or does it even matter? What is it about an ideology that creates people like you who ignores actual numbers and buys projections that have never been accurate past two years?

    Obviously you are having problems reconciling what you have been told vs what actually happened. Wonder if you know what those numbers posted actually mean? Need help reading them? Obviously you need help understanding them. Please seek it.
    Because those numbers don't directly relate to the currant program. They cannot tell us what future programs will do, as they are different programs. All programs, both in the private sector and in the public sector rely on projections. It's the way it works.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 37 of 65 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •