Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #321
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,052

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, I gave you the solution to the problem and you responded. No one is going to die in the streets in this country so the answer is NO, regardless of whether or not they are illegal they should be treated, then solve the problem. Illegals should be returned to their country regardless of the cost and our borders protected.
    How much would it surprise you for me to say that I agree with you?

    But this should be discussed in immigration reform, not health insurance reform.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    How much would it surprise you for me to say that I agree with you?

    But this should be discussed in immigration reform, not health insurance reform.
    The problem is many of the so called uninsured are illegal and that makes it a healthcare problem

  3. #323
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently so do the facts which you ignore now but acknowledged then. Why are so many insured using the ER's? Why are the MA Universal healthcare expenses rising? What is it in this bill that prevents illegals from using the ER's now.

    I pointed out that I live north of Houston, our local budget took a 600,000 hit for illegal use of the ER's last fiscal year so please don't tell me that the costs of healthcare have been fully analized.
    I've ignored no facts. I pointed out and linked information to show you that you're overstating it. You never really responded to those effectively.

    And claiming that because illegals are a problem, we can't address legals and help with that problem is silly. Yes, illegals are a problem, but not the only problem. If you have 10 problems, addressing 9 is not invalid because one hasn't been addressed yet. Illegal immigration is a problem, but it is a problem neither party has really shown the will to address. I don't hold much hope any party will address it anytime soon.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've ignored no facts. I pointed out and linked information to show you that you're overstating it. You never really responded to those effectively.

    And claiming that because illegals are a problem, we can't address legals and help with that problem is silly. Yes, illegals are a problem, but not the only problem. If you have 10 problems, addressing 9 is not invalid because one hasn't been addressed yet. Illegal immigration is a problem, but it is a problem neither party has really shown the will to address. I don't hold much hope any party will address it anytime soon.
    Tell me why this is such a big issue to you? It doesn't resonate with the majority in this country who are more concerned about job creation. This bill does not create jobs and in fact will cost jobs. Adding expense to business doesn't provide the incentive for business to create jobs, nor does the tax credit which doesn't offset the healthcare costs.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell me why this is such a big issue to you? It doesn't resonate with the majority in this country who are more concerned about job creation. This bill does not create jobs and in fact will cost jobs. Adding expense to business doesn't provide the incentive for business to create jobs, nor does the tax credit which doesn't offset the healthcare costs.
    I've told you before, I've worked in medicine. Many doctors agree reform is needed, and more than tort reform. A good number speak to needing a two tiered system in which those who can afford pay for care and their own insurance, and another that the government pays for. Care costs money and will never go back to bartering with chickens.

    And it is not likely to cost any jobs, and does attempt to encourage growth in primary care doctors, which would also lead to more jobs. So, you may well be wrong with your claims here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've told you before, I've worked in medicine. Many doctors agree reform is needed, and more than tort reform. A good number speak to needing a two tiered system in which those who can afford pay for care and their own insurance, and another that the government pays for. Care costs money and will never go back to bartering with chickens.

    And it is not likely to cost any jobs, and does attempt to encourage growth in primary care doctors, which would also lead to more jobs. So, you may well be wrong with your claims here.
    All your opinions yet you ignore what others say, why? It is a fact we have a doctor shortage now and more will be leaving the profession. it is a fact that this bill is flawed yet spends trillions and you call that a good first step? It is a fact that it forces small business to offer insurance and the offset tax credit does not offset the cost of healthcare thus it is a net gain in costs for the employer yet you believe that won't affect jobs?

    Boo, you don't seem to have any concept on what it takes to run a business and are blinded by the rhetoric coming from the govt. Get all the facts and make an intelligent decision. We do indeed need healthcare reform but this POS doesn't reform healthcare, it creates a greater entitlement.

    I am visiting Ohio and just took my parents to the doctor. Their doctor is getting out of the business because of healthcare reform, his words not mine, and he stated that others are doing that as well. Now someone is wrong here and I am not prepared to support your whims and opinions when it costs the taxpayers trillions. Is that how you handle your personal finances?

  7. #327
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    All your opinions yet you ignore what others say, why? It is a fact we have a doctor shortage now and more will be leaving the profession. it is a fact that this bill is flawed yet spends trillions and you call that a good first step? It is a fact that it forces small business to offer insurance and the offset tax credit does not offset the cost of healthcare thus it is a net gain in costs for the employer yet you believe that won't affect jobs?

    Boo, you don't seem to have any concept on what it takes to run a business and are blinded by the rhetoric coming from the govt. Get all the facts and make an intelligent decision. We do indeed need healthcare reform but this POS doesn't reform healthcare, it creates a greater entitlement.

    I am visiting Ohio and just took my parents to the doctor. Their doctor is getting out of the business because of healthcare reform, his words not mine, and he stated that others are doing that as well. Now someone is wrong here and I am not prepared to support your whims and opinions when it costs the taxpayers trillions. Is that how you handle your personal finances?
    I haven't ignored. I acknowledged a shortage, but show why I believe your over stating it. And have shown measures taken to encourage more doctors. And I will welcome any actual evidence that any measurable number of doctors are actually getting out. Invite your mothers doctor to support your statement. Provide any verifiable evidence that any significant number are leaving and that more aren't entering.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #328
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I want the hospitals to bill the state department for illegal alien treatment and reduce that amount of foreign aid from the country of origin.

    Then I want ICE called and the illegals returned to their country of origin.

    then I want the govt. to control the borders and stop this bs.
    Ok...I'll buy that, but in the meantime...

    Federal law prohibits private hospitals from denying anyone access to emergency room treatment. So, until the law is changed, everyone regardless of their financial or immigration status has to be seen by emergency room staff.

    (BTW, you do realize you've just proved my point right there in bold that it's moreso the states not necessarily the fed that run social programs inefficiently?)
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-28-10 at 03:11 PM.

  9. #329
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't ignored. I acknowledged a shortage, but show why I believe your over stating it. And have shown measures taken to encourage more doctors. And I will welcome any actual evidence that any measurable number of doctors are actually getting out. Invite your mothers doctor to support your statement. Provide any verifiable evidence that any significant number are leaving and that more aren't entering.
    There is no guarantee that this healthcare bill will create more doctors and we know we have a problem now. What happens if you are wrong? Hard to prove that more will leave as the bill doesn't go into effect for another 4 years yet you are willing to take the risk. For someone in the healthcare business aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Create the doctors before adding more to the roles. In addition why was this report withheld?

    You are supporting an Administration that continues to lie to you for personal gain and power.

    DEMOCRATS HID DAMNING HEALTH CARE REPORT FROM PUBLIC UNTIL A MONTH AFTER VOTE
    Gateway Pundit ^ | 04/27/10 | Jim Hoft



    A damning health care report generated by actuaries at the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department was given to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius more than a week before the health care vote. She hid the report from the public until a month after democrats rammed their nationalized health care bill through Congress.

    The results from the report were troubling. The report released by Medicare and Medicaid actuaries shows that medical costs will skyrocket rising $389 billion 10 years. 14 million will lose their employer-based coverage. Millions of Americans will be left without insurance. And, millions more may be dumped into the already overwhelmed Medicaid system. 4 million American families will be hit with tax penalties under this new law.

  10. #330
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,188

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Is nobody counting the quitters? How many so far?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •