Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #291
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is a doctor shortage now, insured are using the emergency rooms because they cannot find a doctor. Adding millions more makes it worse. Liberals believe that cutting the cost that people pay actually improves quality. That is arrogance.
    Show me one liberal saying that cutting costs improves quality. Just one and you win the entire argument.

    Also, we are adding millions more that will be paying for private insurance and therefor can afford medical care. Won't that then mean that the private sector will provide more doctors since they'll be more money for the taking? Isn't that how this whole crazy thing works?

  2. #292
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Show me one liberal saying that cutting costs improves quality. Just one and you win the entire argument.

    Also, we are adding millions more that will be paying for private insurance and therefor can afford medical care. Won't that then mean that the private sector will provide more doctors since they'll be more money for the taking? Isn't that how this whole crazy thing works?
    Been paying attention lately? It is all about what insurance costs, what doctors charge, hospital bills, ER services. None of this is about the doctor shortage or lowering actual healthcare costs. Premiums going lower doesn't change healthcare costs for the companies that administer the program.

    Adding millions to the roles isn't going to happen. People are going to opt out just like they do now. The true number of people who cannot afford healthcare is very small compared to the total number of uninsured. the penalty for not having insurance is much less than the cost of insurance. What gives the govt. the right to force people to buy any personal responsibility item?

    What do you do for a living and does the govt. control how much you make? What is the incentive to get into the profession with the govt. cutting the Medicare reimbursement rates and the states cutting Medicaid?

    Too many people are very naive and do not understand basic business. Doctors are quiting the business and that will add to the current shortage.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    It's also about access and care. I keep telling you conservative that cost is only part of the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #294
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Been paying attention lately? It is all about what insurance costs, what doctors charge, hospital bills, ER services. None of this is about the doctor shortage or lowering actual healthcare costs. Premiums going lower doesn't change healthcare costs for the companies that administer the program.

    Adding millions to the roles isn't going to happen. People are going to opt out just like they do now. The true number of people who cannot afford healthcare is very small compared to the total number of uninsured. the penalty for not having insurance is much less than the cost of insurance. What gives the govt. the right to force people to buy any personal responsibility item?

    What do you do for a living and does the govt. control how much you make? What is the incentive to get into the profession with the govt. cutting the Medicare reimbursement rates and the states cutting Medicaid?

    Too many people are very naive and do not understand basic business. Doctors are quiting the business and that will add to the current shortage.
    I'm going to assume you couldn't find that 1 liberal saying what you think all liberals believe.

    Idk about your doctors, but all of mine drive expensive cars and live in country club houses and take exotic vacations, as they should since they spent those years in med school and provide a service and are good at what they do. They ain't hurting and they aren't quitting.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's also about access and care. I keep telling you conservative that cost is only part of the issue.
    This is about perceived access but you continue to ignore the track record of the Govt. With a doctor shortage where is the access and with the opt out opportunity where is the cost savings?

  6. #296
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm going to assume you couldn't find that 1 liberal saying what you think all liberals believe.

    Idk about your doctors, but all of mine drive expensive cars and live in country club houses and take exotic vacations, as they should since they spent those years in med school and provide a service and are good at what they do. They ain't hurting and they aren't quitting.
    I take it you have no interest in explaining how this healthcare bill improves quality and access?

    LOL, because someone lives in an expensive neighborhood or belongs to a country club doesn't mean they are rich and will put up with a cut in their pay. They will find something else to do or will simply drop Medicare or Medicaid patients.

    Sounds like I am dealing with another brainwashed kid here.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is about perceived access but you continue to ignore the track record of the Govt. With a doctor shortage where is the access and with the opt out opportunity where is the cost savings?
    Again, you over state the shortage. With more people covered, more options are available, and more will be able to get better care than they have to date.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you over state the shortage. With more people covered, more options are available, and more will be able to get better care than they have to date.
    Apparently so do the facts which you ignore now but acknowledged then. Why are so many insured using the ER's? Why are the MA Universal healthcare expenses rising? What is it in this bill that prevents illegals from using the ER's now.

    I pointed out that I live north of Houston, our local budget took a 600,000 hit for illegal use of the ER's last fiscal year so please don't tell me that the costs of healthcare have been fully analized.

  9. #299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So if nothing was ignored what is it exactly that Paul Ryan discussed that was either left out or added to the healthcare bill?

    Did Paul Ryan vote for the healthcare bill?

    What is being ignored by you is the fact that this bill does nothing to improve the quality of healthcare or lower costs. You are also ignoring the cost of the MA program which was the model for this bill. Once again arrogant liberals believe they can do a better job than other arrogant liberals. Problem is the rest of us have to pay for liberal screwups.
    I watched the health care summit and read the transcript and was very concerned about the numbers as well. But here's what outraged me more on that matter:

    That even while Rep. Ryan uttered the words I was angered that Senate Republicans sat on their hands the entire time throughout the health care debate and did little to nothing to help bring those cost estimates down. So, while you are sitting there blaming Democrats for passing a health care bill that may very well be bloated with "false" cost-saving measures, I blame the Republicans more for working harder to bring discredit upon a sitting President than to actually accomplish meaningful reform. That to me is a far bigger disappointment than any financial "gimmick" the Democrats could pull.

    Do I care about the overall cost? Yes, absolutely! But I care more that the health care system gets closer and closer to being the very best system it can be. IMO, this health care reform legistlation is a good first-step. It's not the best, but it moves this nation in the right direction which is a far cry better than I give Republicans credit for when they held power. For, if health care reform was so important to them as they said even originally under former Pres. Clinton, why then didn't they make it part of their Republican mandate and do something about it when they held power? And don't give me this notion that Sen. Reid and company thrawted former Pres. GW Bush's attempts to change the system when he was in office because the Republicans had control during the first few years of his first term. If Pres. Obama can enact health care reform in just over his first year in office certainly GW Bush could have done the same during his first 2-years if it were truly a priority for his party. But it was not. And yet they knew Medicare was eating away at this nation's budget; but they passed an unfunded Medicare, Part-D entitlement anyway.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-27-10 at 04:44 PM.

  10. #300
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently so do the facts which you ignore now but acknowledged then. Why are so many insured using the ER's? Why are the MA Universal healthcare expenses rising? What is it in this bill that prevents illegals from using the ER's now.

    I pointed out that I live north of Houston, our local budget took a 600,000 hit for illegal use of the ER's last fiscal year so please don't tell me that the costs of healthcare have been fully analized.
    Without real immigration reform, I guess they'll continue to do so. Of course, I don't know if that aspect has been address in the health care reform bill. But since you say you've read it perhaps you can enlighten us...

Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •