Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #191
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Your point? you think comparing airfare to various cities is comparable to comparing income to two countries? That is liberal logic which cannot be called logic at all.
    Title of thread....

    Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Cheap overseas medical procedures, cheap airfare - Let'em quit.

    Not real sharp are ya?...LOL

    FACT - Health care bill passed. Doctors still on the job.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  2. #192
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What does Costa Rica wages show except that they can provide world class health care for all its people for far less money than in the US?
    What is shows is that there is a correlation between costs and wages. I had hoped you were smarter than you appear but again as with most liberals I remain disappointed.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Title of thread....

    Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Cheap overseas medical procedures, cheap airfare - Let'em quit.

    Not real sharp are ya?...LOL

    FACT - Health care bill passed. Doctors still on the job.
    That defeats then the liberal argument that all people have access to affordable, quality healthcare. Without doctors there is no access other than what they have now, ER service. Typical liberal program of creating another entitlement program without the infrastructure to handle it.

    Fact, the healthcare bill doesn't go into effect for four years so your argument that Doctors are still on the job is moot.

  4. #194
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Fact, the healthcare bill doesn't go into effect for four years so your argument that Doctors are still on the job is moot.
    Well apparently they said they would quit if the bill passed.

    So your argument that Doctors are still on the job is moot, is moot.


  5. #195
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, you have all that wrong, but health care insurance also protects me from paying for you irresponsibility. If you are uninsured, get in an accident, say fall off your roof or from a tree or jump in the shallow end of the lake head first, you will go to the hospital, be treated, hospitalized, cared for and be unable to pay the bill. We will pay it for you one way or the other.

    And no, MA requires those who can afford insurance to get it. MA doesn't provide it for them.
    If I was uninsured and had an accident I understand personal responsibility and will make arrangement to pay my own bills. Bill me for my expenses and I will make arrangements for a payment plan.

    You simply do not understand personal responsibility and thus helped create the mess we have today.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Well apparently they said they would quit if the bill passed.

    So your argument that Doctors are still on the job is moot, is moot.
    The article I posted shows a shortage of doctors right now and there is nothing in this bill that assures that problem won't continue to grow.

  7. #197
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is shows is that there is a correlation between costs and wages. I had hoped you were smarter than you appear but again as with most liberals I remain disappointed.
    Always with the insults.

    What correlation would that be, since they spend less on health care Per capita than we do?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #198
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What correlation would that be, since they spend less on health care Per capita than we do?
    When you compare Costa Rica with the United States you lose credibility.

    Tell me why you believe a word this President tells you and what makes you believe this healthcare bill will lower costs and improve the quality?

  9. #199
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Always with the insults.

    What correlation would that be, since they spend less on health care Per capita than we do?
    Part of the problem is you don't understand the costs that go into our healthcare system including all the govt. regulations and of course the tax structure on business in this country.

    For some reason you want to compare Costa Rica with the United States, why? Do they have the same regulations, tax rates, basic business costs? Why did you pick Costa Rica?

  10. #200
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When you compare Costa Rica with the United States you lose credibility.
    No, its just kind of embarrassing that an undeveloped country can provide affordable health care for all its citizens and the big and mighty America cannot.
    Tell me why you believe a word this President tells you and what makes you believe this healthcare bill will lower costs and improve the quality?
    Personally, I think UHC would have been the way to go rather than the conservative individual mandate. I see it as a baby step for the socially challenged US. However, there will be some definite improvements in this first baby step. Later, we may take another baby step towards UHC.

    " WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF ENACTMENT

    *Insurance companies will be barred from dropping people from coverage when they get sick. Lifetime coverage limits will be eliminated and annual limits are to be restricted.

    *Insurers will be barred from excluding children for coverage because of pre-existing conditions.

    *Young adults will be able to stay on their parents' health plans until the age of 26. Many health plans currently drop dependents from coverage when they turn 19 or finish college.

    *Uninsured adults with a pre-existing conditions will be able to obtain health coverage through a new program that will expire once new insurance exchanges begin operating in 2014.

    *A temporary reinsurance program is created to help companies maintain health coverage for early retirees between the ages of 55 and 64. This also expires in 2014.

    *Medicare drug beneficiaries who fall into the "doughnut hole" coverage gap will get a $250 rebate. The bill eventually closes that gap which currently begins after $2,700 is spent on drugs. Coverage starts again after $6,154 is spent.

    *A tax credit becomes available for some small businesses to help provide coverage for workers.

    *A 10 percent tax on indoor tanning services that use ultraviolet lamps goes into effect on July 1.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2011

    *Medicare provides 10 percent bonus payments to primary care physicians and general surgeons.

    *Medicare beneficiaries will be able to get a free annual wellness visit and personalized prevention plan service. New health plans will be required to cover preventive services with little or no cost to patients.

    *A new program under the Medicaid plan for the poor goes into effect in October that allows states to offer home and community based care for the disabled that might otherwise require institutional care.

    *Payments to insurers offering Medicare Advantage services are frozen at 2010 levels. These payments are to be gradually reduced to bring them more in line with traditional Medicare.

    *Employers are required to disclose the value of health benefits on employees' W-2 tax forms.

    *An annual fee is imposed on pharmaceutical companies according to market share. The fee does not apply to companies with sales of $5 million or less.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2012

    *Physician payment reforms are implemented in Medicare to enhance primary care services and encourage doctors to form "accountable care organizations" to improve quality and efficiency of care.

    *An incentive program is established in Medicare for acute care hospitals to improve quality outcomes.

    *The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which oversees the government programs, begin tracking hospital readmission rates and puts in place financial incentives to reduce preventable readmissions.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2013

    *A national pilot program is established for Medicare on payment bundling to encourage doctors, hospitals and other care providers to better coordinate patient care.

    *The threshold for claiming medical expenses on itemized tax returns is raised to 10 percent from 7.5 percent of income. The threshold remains at 7.5 percent for the elderly through 2016.

    *The Medicare payroll tax is raised to 2.35 percent from 1.45 percent for individuals earning more than $200,000 and married couples with incomes over $250,000. The tax is imposed on some investment income for that income group.

    *A 2.9 percent excise tax in imposed on the sale of medical devices. Anything generally purchased at the retail level by the public is excluded from the tax.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2014

    *State health insurance exchanges for small businesses and individuals open.

    *Most people will be required to obtain health insurance coverage or pay a fine if they don't. Healthcare tax credits become available to help people with incomes up to 400 percent of poverty purchase coverage on the exchange.

    *Health plans no longer can exclude people from coverage due to pre-existing conditions.

    *Employers with 50 or more workers who do not offer coverage face a fine of $2,000 for each employee if any worker receives subsidized insurance on the exchange. The first 30 employees aren't counted for the fine.

    *Health insurance companies begin paying a fee based on their market share.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2015

    *Medicare creates a physician payment program aimed at rewarding quality of care rather than volume of services.

    WHAT HAPPENS IN 2018

    *An excise tax on high cost employer-provided plans is imposed. The first $27,500 of a family plan and $10,200 for individual coverage is exempt from the tax. Higher levels are set for plans covering retirees and people in high risk professions. (Reporting by Donna Smith; Editing by David Alexander and Eric Beech) "

    FACTBOX-US healthcare bill would provide immediate benefits | Reuters
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •