Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Seen
    02-03-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    585

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Pathetic. LOL
    Yes, you are; I agree.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,958

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    We shouldn't cut doctors salaries, if anything we should raise them. I am a pre med student and I am on becoming a doctor or pharmacist. Medical school costs $150k (and that's a low estimate) and you have to pay for malpractice insurance. You go to school for 8 years (maybe more) and your job requires you to be on call. We have a shortage of doctors as it is, we don't need to increase that by cutting wages and damaging the healthcare system.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Yes, you are; I agree.
    I could post that Post Toasties are better than Lucky Charms, and you'd figure out a way to blame Bush for the carbohydrate content in both as they relate to the War in Iraq.

    THAT is what is pathetic. And it makes anything you say thereafter utterly meaningless and irrelevant.

  4. #14
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Sad since the medical profession (doctors, nurses, etc) has been facing shortages for years. This will only make it worse, my mother who is a doctor (pediatrician) told me yesterday that none of the doctors in the Hospital are happy about this bill.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    We shouldn't cut doctors salaries, if anything we should raise them. I am a pre med student and I am on becoming a doctor or pharmacist. Medical school costs $150k (and that's a low estimate) and you have to pay for malpractice insurance. You go to school for 8 years (maybe more) and your job requires you to be on call. We have a shortage of doctors as it is, we don't need to increase that by cutting wages and damaging the healthcare system.
    You are 19 and you are a pre-med student. Are you aware how many pre-med students there are? Seriously, kid. You might not even be accepted into med school yet you are calling yourself a "pre-med" student. My best advice is to study something that you like without the plan on becoming a doctor.
    Because the chances of you becoming a doctor even with a good GPA are not likely. I have known many associates who studied pre-med and didn't get in, and they were smart too. Perfect GPA, good score on their exams. Still nothing. Of the 13 I know. Four of them got into med school, if you want more advice, I suggesst you study biology & chemistry as a double major. And get a good GPA. Remember the Medical Association of America/American Doctor Association do not want for too many people to study medicine. It's a racket really.
    But you won't believe me anyways.

  6. #16
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    HA! And most doctors say they are their because they enjoy to help people
    And that's incompatible with this how? If you took a job because among other things it allowed you to help people, you're telling me that no matter what happened to that job, you wouldn't care? Nothing would make you consider leaving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    It's only a 'nightmare' for those who cheat and screw over Medicare, so who cares? MD's didn't used to get rich until Medicare came along, and now that it's finally cracking down, the so-called 'conservatives' are sniveling and crying about it.
    Let me get this straight - your argument is that doctors didn't use to get rich back when all of their patients came from private insurance, but now are getting rich thanks to an infusion of barely (if at all) profitable clients?

    Interesting theory. Care to explain the many, many doctors who refuse to take Medicare/aid at all? Under your theory they should be dead broke, yet in reality, they're the richest of all.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #17
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,555

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    HA! And most doctors say they are their because they enjoy to help people
    you're just mad because as goes doctors, there goes your "right" to healthcare.

    How about them apples?

  8. #18
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    We shouldn't cut doctors salaries, if anything we should raise them. I am a pre med student and I am on becoming a doctor or pharmacist. Medical school costs $150k (and that's a low estimate) and you have to pay for malpractice insurance. You go to school for 8 years (maybe more) and your job requires you to be on call. We have a shortage of doctors as it is, we don't need to increase that by cutting wages and damaging the healthcare system.
    I don't think we should raise doctor salaries. Instead, I think we should make all education for medical practitioners paid for by the public and medical students and doctors have to work in public hospitals for a number of years. That way, they don't have to go so deep into debt to practice medicine.

  9. #19
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I don't think we should raise doctor salaries. Instead, I think we should make all education for medical practitioners paid for by the public and medical students and doctors have to work in public hospitals for a number of years. That way, they don't have to go so deep into debt to practice medicine.
    So you would make doctors wait until around 40 before they can finally start earning a real salary?

    As it stands, doctors already essentially do this, working for $50k/year during their residency when their services would be worth far more on the open market.

    Making it an option is one thing, making it mandatory is quite another.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So you would make doctors wait until around 40 before they can finally start earning a real salary?

    As it stands, doctors already essentially do this, working for $50k/year during their residency when their services would be worth far more on the open market.

    Making it an option is one thing, making it mandatory is quite another.
    So you are against the mandatory health care bill proposed by the Democrats?.......

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •