Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 647

Thread: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

  1. #141
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you noticing the dates? You are actually supporting my argument. Let me repeat it for you:
    Yes, I did, and no, I'm not. My original response was to Hatuey when he asked something like "where are all of them going to work, McDonalds?". It doesn't matter that it started before the reform was passed. This is a growing trend, and it will continue. So far, the projections that I have read are that there will be expansion of hospitalists and a decline of GP's until at least 2018.


    My response to you was regarding your disbelief that what I said was true:
    Originally Posted by lizzie
    A good number of them have already closed their private practices. Some of the GP's that I know are looking at alternative careers. As for how many more get out of private practice or leave the profession altogether, only time will tell.
    You told me you did not believe this to be true. I was supplying information based on my personal observation, but you wanted refs, so I gave them to you.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #142
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yes, I did, and no, I'm not. My original response was to Hatuey when he asked something like "where are all of them going to work, McDonalds?". It doesn't matter that it started before the reform was passed. This is a growing trend, and it will continue. So far, the projections that I have read are that there will be expansion of hospitalists and a decline of GP's until at least 2018.
    Fair enough, but it is important overall because it means reform isn't the reason.

    My response to you was regarding your disbelief that what I said was true:


    You told me you did not believe this to be true. I was supplying information based on my personal observation, but you wanted refs, so I gave them to you.
    I said one part wasn't true:

    A good number of them have already closed their private practices.
    Not in relationship to reform. And even those you cite are still in private practice, they've just limited their method. That too can change over time. But reform hasn't moved them in that direction. In fact, lack of reform has. This is important to realize.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, this doesn't match her claim. Let me quote it for you:



    To which I noted that any who did likely did so BEFORE and reform. And I am seeking any factual information that reform has factually led to any significant number leaving. Your article doesn't address that.


    Nor do I believe people won't be seen.
    Three different issues, first doctors will no longer accept Medicare and Medicaid patients because of reimbursement rates, Second doctors will quit rather than being forced to take those patients, and third new doctors will not enter the profession or if they do it will take 10 years of training before they become effective.

    You are naive, gullible, and very misinformed as once again you ignored the content of the Wall Street Journal article.

  4. #144
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    Not in relationship to reform. And even those you cite are still in private practice, they've just limited their method. That too can change over time. But reform hasn't moved them in that direction. In fact, lack of reform has. This is important to realize.
    Where did I say it had a relationship to reform?

    The health care reform didn't cause it, it will make it worse. If you believe that reform is going to make things better, then that's fine, but you are speaking from the point of view of ignorance on what all the factors are, and just what a government can do to "fix" things. Not all problems can be remedied by throwing government money in their direction, and this often seems to make them worse.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Where did I say it had a relationship to reform?

    The health care reform didn't cause it, it will make it worse. If you believe that reform is going to make things better, then that's fine, but you are speaking from the point of view of ignorance on what all the factors are, and just what a government can do to "fix" things. Not all problems can be remedied by throwing government money in their direction, and this often seems to make them worse.
    Then I need evidence they made it worse. I linked for conservative a report, complete with a doctor who called reform a net gain, that showed it might make it better.

    Nor do I claim all problems can be fixed by the government. Nowhere do I suggest that.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Three different issues, first doctors will no longer accept Medicare and Medicaid patients because of reimbursement rates, Second doctors will quit rather than being forced to take those patients, and third new doctors will not enter the profession or if they do it will take 10 years of training before they become effective.

    You are naive, gullible, and very misinformed as once again you ignored the content of the Wall Street Journal article.
    No change from now. Doctors refuse those patients now, or at least some do. There are efforts in the bill to ease that. But nothing in the bill that causes that.

    And no, doctors are not being forced and they won't quit.

    And no, there is no evidence that being a doctor is less appealing today than it was. You're making unsupported leaps.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No change from now. Doctors refuse those patients now, or at least some do. There are efforts in the bill to ease that. But nothing in the bill that causes that.

    And no, doctors are not being forced and they won't quit.

    And no, there is no evidence that being a doctor is less appealing today than it was. You're making unsupported leaps.
    Since there is a shortage of doctors now, what happens with this legislation if it makes things worse? This bill relies on 500 billion in cuts, where do those cuts go?

    Look, I know you want thing better but accepting this POS doesn't make things better and isn't even a good first step. We have 4 years of taxes that will never be recovered before the so called benefits kick in and since I posted documented proof that the insured are using the ER's, which you acknowledged but now ignore, I then asked you to get the results from MA on their universal care and how costs have increased, which you ignored, I posted the Wall Street Journal article which says we have a doctor shortage, which you are still ignoring.

    Not sure what else I can do as nothing is going to change your mind. There are no consequences in your world for failure even though history is riddled with liberal failures. Nothing liberal legislation ever does is promote personal responsibilty, solve individual social problems, and promotes the greatness of America. You and the liberal agenda continue to destroy this country, you unintentionally but the liberal leadership intentionally to create dependence.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since there is a shortage of doctors now, what happens with this legislation if it makes things worse? This bill relies on 500 billion in cuts, where do those cuts go?

    Look, I know you want thing better but accepting this POS doesn't make things better and isn't even a good first step. We have 4 years of taxes that will never be recovered before the so called benefits kick in and since I posted documented proof that the insured are using the ER's, which you acknowledged but now ignore, I then asked you to get the results from MA on their universal care and how costs have increased, which you ignored, I posted the Wall Street Journal article which says we have a doctor shortage, which you are still ignoring.

    Not sure what else I can do as nothing is going to change your mind. There are no consequences in your world for failure even though history is riddled with liberal failures. Nothing liberal legislation ever does is promote personal responsibilty, solve individual social problems, and promotes the greatness of America. You and the liberal agenda continue to destroy this country, you unintentionally but the liberal leadership intentionally to create dependence.
    People will still be seen. There really isn't much chance it will make things worse, as it actually offers some things to help. You over play the shortage.

    What should change a mind is actual evidence. I've addressed all you have presented and simply don't see what you claim. You seem to have a sky is falling mentality and the fact is the problem was bad before and can only get better by doing something.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    People will still be seen. There really isn't much chance it will make things worse, as it actually offers some things to help. You over play the shortage.

    What should change a mind is actual evidence. I've addressed all you have presented and simply don't see what you claim. You seem to have a sky is falling mentality and the fact is the problem was bad before and can only get better by doing something.
    You have refuted nothing as all you have done is posted opinion pieces which ignore actual facts. The purpose of this bill was to reform healthcare yet all you claim now is this multi trillion dollar bill is a good first step. Your problem is you don't seem to understand how much a trillion dollars is nor do you see the potential consequences of failure.

    If you cared about actual evidence you would get the actual results in MA regarding their Universal healthcare program which is the model for what Obama has signed. When are you going to address the massive cost increase in MA and the fact that the highest healthcare cost state in the country continues to increase costs? When are you going to recognize that your claim of ER's use going down isn't supported by MA results?

    What is it about the liberal ideology that creates such passion for programs that never work?

  10. #150
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Nearly 50 percent of doctors ready to quit medicine if Healthcare bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    I don't think that you can make a good argument that Obama is not advocating for the control of the american economy with the federal govt owning banks, car companies and now on the way to controling the health care industry.

    Using only part of the definition of a word in your answer does not change the original meaning.
    There is no part of the definition that applies. We have loaned money to corporations before. See the Chrysler bailout in 1979.
    And the government doesn't control the health care industry. they simple adopted the 1993 conservative plan of individual mandates for health insurance through your choice of private companies.

    Personally, I think we should have a true UHC system like the rest of the developed world, but this as close as we could get with moderates in control of the government. Perhaps someday the liberals will manage to get a candidate elected and we can have true UHC.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •