Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 257

Thread: Obama Socialist Health care program....

  1. #141
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Spoken by and ambulance chasing lawyer........
    Sorry Navy....but as I've told you before, I don't do personal injury law. You know that. Don't you understand that personal attacks are against forum rules. You should, since you probably remind people of that more often than anyone else.

    If I were a personal injury lawyer then your slanderous slur of "ambulance chaser" might make some sense. Since I do criminal/civil rights law, it doesn't really apply.....in other words, if you are going to engage in personal attacks, at lease get your facts straight.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #142
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Tort Reform



    No Abortion Funding



    Cross State Borders for Insurance



    http://www.kff.org/healthreform/uplo...bill_final.pdf
    That is only a token act to pass a watered down version that will solve nothing.......Obama care starts collecting taxes next year but does not start benefits yntil 1014......what kind of deal is that?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #143
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Remember all you retired military guys........Most of these lefties have not served in the military let alone retired from it...........If Obama gets this socialist plan through your TRICARE is done as wall as huge increases in the premiums for Medicare....About one third of all doctors taking Medicare patients will opt out so there will be very few doctors to treat you.........If you are retired military check out the site below.......


    http://www.capitolconnect.com/freeourhealthcarenow/
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 03-19-10 at 01:38 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #144
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Remember all you retired military guys........Most of these lefties have not served in the military let alone retired from it...........If Obama gets this socialist plan through your TRICARE is done as wall as huge increases in the premiums for Medicare....About one third of all doctors taking Medicare patients will opt out so there will be very few doctors to treat you.........
    lies and right-wing radio propoganda.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #145
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Since I do criminal/civil rights law
    Now THAT explains a LOT! I AM sorry...I seriously thought you were just another coolaid addict.. but now I see it's your life's work!

  6. #146
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    Now THAT explains a LOT! I seriously thought you were just another coolaid addict.. but now I see it's your life's work!
    Absolutely. Going into law school I thought I wanted to go into entertainment law or something where I would make a ton of money.

    I actually could have done so, but decided that I didn't want to live my life working in a large law firm pushing paper for 18 hours a day.

    I am very passionate about my work in that I get the satisfaction of knowing that on a small level I am able to help people out. on a larger level, hopefully some of the work I do will have a beneficial effect on society.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #147
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    hopefully some of the work I do will have a beneficial effect on society.
    I'm sure it will... which society I'm not so sure..

  8. #148
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Thanks. Please tell it to everyone who thinks the free market is the magical solution (and not the problem) in health care.
    For the most part, it is.
    Oil goies up because of supply (shrinking) and demand (growing). As such, competition, thru improved services and consumer value, doesnt really apply.
    Health care is different than oil, because those things do apply.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by ConservaBill View Post
    I'm sure it will... which society I'm not so sure..
    Hear, Hear
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #150
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    How is voting in the least bit comparable to owning insurance? And who ever said anything about health care being a right? This is about making health care affordable for everyone. Or are you suggesting that health care should be a luxury?
    You dont agree that health care is a right? If that's the case, then what business does the government have in making sure tha everyone has access to the means to exercise a privilige?

    Uh...what?
    I was excplaing why your 'we require car insurance' argument doesn't work.

    Auto insurance is a requirement necessary to exercise an optional privilege so that people do not financially suffer from the damage you might cause. This is NOT the rationale behind The Obama's plan, that requires you to exercise a right just to live here, and will fine you if you don't. Apples and tuna.

    People who get sick can get other people sick.
    This isnt in any way comparable to running a red light and hitting someone elses' car.

    And the realty is that getting sick is going to cost everyone one way or another anyways because they aren't going to deny you treatment.
    This is an -optional- reality. It doesnt HAVE to be this way; that this condition is not necessary negates it as legitimate support your your argument.

    The reason we have these kinds of programs is because "paying out of pocket" was not a viable option for many of the country's poor and elderly but they still get sick and cost everyone else, so it is in the country's best interest to pay for them if they can't buy it themselves.
    You didn't even read what I said.
    They cannot pay out of pocket because the costs are too high.
    Lower costs, thru competition, and then they can.

    So you are arguing that it is more important to cut costs....
    Isnt that the entire point of health care reform?

    ...than to provide health care to those who need it?
    Its not MY responsibility to provide health care to anyone that I do not choose to provide health care to.

    That isn't exactly loving your neighbor as you love yourself, but you are entitled to your values I guess.
    You are responible for you, not me.
    But, given that you make a moral argumet here -- who are you to force your morality on others?

    Huh? You are going to need to explain your logic behind this.
    -Insurance companies will be forced to take people with PEC
    -They will have to charge these people much more than those without.
    -They will not be allowed to do so.
    -The compaies will need to make up the costs somehow, and will raise raites for everyone else.

    Cutting funding does create competition and that is why it does lead to greater efficiency.
    Or, and more likely, it reduces the quality of the goods and services provided.

    No, that is utterly false. 60% of Americans living in poverty are not covered under Medicaid.
    No, it completely true. The 'fact' you note only illiustrates there is a difference between the threshold for medicaide and the definition of poverty. Medicaide is -absolutely- a program exclusively for poor; that not everyone that has income under a certain level is covered by medicade does not in any way change this.

    Ah, so the person who doesn't seem to know about our current health care system is demanding proof that we need reform.
    I'll take that as you admitting you cannot provide proof of that need.
    You THINK there needs to be reform. Your opinion does not illustrate the existence of a necessary condition.

    The nonpartisan CBO says it will increase prescription coverage. Your move.
    The argument was "could", as in 'there exists a possibility'.
    This is not a solid foundation for an argument, as I illustrated.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •