Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 257

Thread: Obama Socialist Health care program....

  1. #91
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Yes, used to work for them.
    So why did you say people would just pay providers like they pay insurance companies when the people can't afford their care?

    You pay a little to insurance in case you need alot later. Just saying people can pay for their own care is not true. Sometimes they can't. That's the point of insurance.

    (It's pretty much socialism, by the way, though completely private and free market).

  2. #92
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    No I didn't but that would make for a more effective argument. My bad.
    No problem. The media fail to report it correctly. It's confusing. Then they get debt and deficit mixed up.

  3. #93
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So why did you say people would just pay providers like they pay insurance companies when the people can't afford their care?

    You pay a little to insurance in case you need alot later. Just saying people can pay for their own care is not true. Sometimes they can't. That's the point of insurance.

    (It's pretty much socialism, by the way, though completely private and free market).
    They can make payments.

  4. #94
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    This is the free market, NOW. It's driven costs up.
    Because of the reason I gave you.
    It -is- free market now, but in a form that loads to cost increases.

    You want the government to step in and ban insurance or something? That's not a free market.
    It is in the sense that it eliminates the middleman and puts the customer and the provider directly in touch, allowing for more direct competition and the determination of value of the goods and services provided.

  5. #95
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    They can make payments.
    So if someone gets cancer and it costs them half a million to treat, they can make payments on an installment plan for the next 240 years or so?

  6. #96
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Because of the reason I gave you.
    It -is- free market now, but in a form that loads to cost increases.
    So the free market can cause prices to go up instead of down.

  7. #97
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So if someone gets cancer and it costs them half a million to treat, they can make payments on an installment plan for the next 240 years or so?
    The costs would be considerably lower without insurance and govt involvement. And then yes, they would have to make payments.

  8. #98
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So the free market can cause prices to go up instead of down.
    Sure it can. Happens all the time. Look at oil.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Yet....you and your cohorts sat silently while GWB led us to the gutter and to the brink of economic and moral bankruptcy.

    If following Obama gets us out of the sewerhole that GWB put this country....then I'm all for it. Perhaps you enjoyed having our country's morals and integrity destroyed by the previous administration....personally, I'll take the road that rebuilds this country.
    The irony here is most Reps/Conservatives saw what GWB did as being strictly American. I'm convinced many of them truly had no problem with this nation using strong-arm tactics (re: the Bush Doctrine) to bully its way into being the world's leader. Only it didn't work. Hence, the reason so many (Muslim) nations dislike us today.

    Whether you agree with what Pres. Obama did or not, I believe he was right to apologize for this nation's past mis-steps as far as foreign relations are concerned.

  10. #100
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Obama Socialist Health care program....

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    The costs would be considerably lower without insurance and govt involvement. And then yes, they would have to make payments.
    Why?

    Everyone could afford health care just fine, even catastrophic care, if only they didn't have insurance?

    Really?

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •