Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

  1. #31
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I had a citibank credit card for many years. Then one day I spaced out and missed the payment. I called to get the late fee reversed and the guy said he couldn't do it. I complained that I've been a customer for about 10 years and never missed a payment (I don't carry a balance, I pay it off each month) and he said, "I'm sorry but we don't make any money off of your account". I reminded him that they get a transaction fee every time I use their card. I told him not to worry because they won't ever be getting that fee from me again. That card went right in the ****can.
    I used to have a Citibank card too. The deal that they made was for 5% back on every purchase, sweet! Then, I discovered that they kept shortening the period between the bill and the due date. OK, fair enough, it's still worth it to make a trip to the bank every month, pay the bill there, and get a reciept.

    Then the lousy buggers reniged on the deal and quit paying the 5%. What a bunch of creeps, worse than politicians and their campaign promises. My Citibank card went in the trash, too.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #32
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, but thankfully none of it is credit cards. Mine is all student loans.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    You mean credit card companies that that have been draining American wealth over the last 15 years by ****ing their customers are getting ****ed by their customers?
    You're one of those people that doesn't read the fine print on the agreements you sign aren't you?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #34
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I had a citibank credit card for many years. Then one day I spaced out and missed the payment. I called to get the late fee reversed and the guy said he couldn't do it. I complained that I've been a customer for about 10 years and never missed a payment (I don't carry a balance, I pay it off each month) and he said, "I'm sorry but we don't make any money off of your account". I reminded him that they get a transaction fee every time I use their card. I told him not to worry because they won't ever be getting that fee from me again. That card went right in the ****can.
    So you're saying that when faced with a company that was not willing to offer you a line of credit on terms you were happy with, you were able to settle up and walk away from it? You didn't even need the government to step in and pass regulation detailing exactly how the company could and could not react to your missed payment?

    That's just amazing. Now if only the rest of the country could learn that same lesson...

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    I'm in debt up to my eyeballs, but thankfully none of it is credit cards. Mine is all student loans.
    True story. I spent the day going through exit interviews for stafford/plus/perkins loans and totaling up my balance. Bleak.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #35
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    03-31-10 @ 10:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    What I find amusing is this article
    10-places-not-to-use-your-debit-card: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

    Honestly one wonders if a staff writer for ap or a staff writer for the CC industry wrote it.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You're one of those people that doesn't read the fine print on the agreements you sign aren't you?
    Do you ever bother reading the thread before you stumble into the discussion?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So you're saying that when faced with a company that was not willing to offer you a line of credit on terms you were happy with, you were able to settle up and walk away from it? You didn't even need the government to step in and pass regulation detailing exactly how the company could and could not react to your missed payment?

    That's just amazing. Now if only the rest of the country could learn that same lesson...



    True story. I spent the day going through exit interviews for stafford/plus/perkins loans and totaling up my balance. Bleak.
    What's amazing is how easily you ignore societal pressures.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    What's amazing is how easily you ignore societal pressures.
    What's amazing is how often you do one-liner put downs here at DP...

  9. #39
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    What's amazing is how easily you ignore societal pressures.
    Not sure what you're trying to say.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: What credit-card payoff? Consumers are dumping debt

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    What's amazing is how often you do one-liner put downs here at DP...
    You mean like yours?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •