Conyers' wife sentenced to three years in prison - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com
1. Detroit, we'd all suffer so much sympathy for you---if you didn't so fully DESERVE everything you're getting.The wife of House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers (D-Mich.) has been sentenced to a three-year prison sentence as part of a plea deal, the AP reports.
A federal judge has denied ex-Detroit Councilwoman Monica Conyers' request to withdraw her guilty plea in a corruption case and sentenced her to three years and one month in prison.
Conyers suggested she was the victim of "badgering" last summer when she acknowledged a conspiracy to take bribes for her support of a Houston company seeking a sludge contract from the city.
But U.S. District Judge Avern Cohn says her plea deal was voluntary.
Conyers, the wife of Michigan Democratic Congressman John Conyers, quit her council seat after pleading guilty.
2. Still, sorry.
3. MISTER Conyers aint no chevalier.
4. The old coot ADMITTED to using staff members illegally on state and local campaigns, as well as requiring others to babysit and wash his car.
5. Do you recall in December when the old codger called out the clueless klutz in the capital?
6. "John Conyers: Obama Told Me To Stop Demeaning Him?"
President Obama told me to stop ?demeaning? him, says Rep. Conyers - TheHill.com
8. Obtuse Obama is really gonna hear it tomorrow from the CBC.
President Obama due to get earful from CBC - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com
9. African Americans are becoming rightly enraged about how much has been accomplished by this poser president FOR THE SUPER RICH.
10. He has bailed out every bankrupt, backed every obscene bonus for every bum and bungler, bankrolled every bogus bagman and badguy inside the Beltway and beyond.
11. He has SOCIALIZED the losses of the megacorps while PRIVATIZING their gains.
12. And the CBC has been all over THAT for months.
Black Caucus Stalls Finance Overhaul - WSJ.com
Tim Geithner Is Mad as Hell and Isn't Going to Take It Anymore: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance
13. How about the time Conyers, JUDICIARY CHAIR, announced to the world he was calling off his INVESTIGATION OF ACORN (!) because "powers that be" put the kibosh on it.
Conyers abandons plan to probe ACORN - Washington Times
14. THE CHAIR OF HOUSE JUDICIARY LAST JUNE DECLARED TO THE WHOLE WORLD THAT HIGHER UPS IN HIS PARTY STYMIED INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE EGREGIOUS ACTIVITIES OF OBAMA'S PARENT ORGANIZATION IN THE AREA OF VOTER REGISTRATION FRAUD IN A DOZEN BATTLEGROUND STATES.
15. How do you spell C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N?
17. Clap for The Conyers, colorful caricatures for our new Culture of Corruption:
18. Charlie Rangel, Eric Massa, David Paterson, Eliot Spitzer, Alan Hevesi, Jack Murtha, Tim Geithner, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Tom Daschle, John Edwards, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Rod Blagojevich, Roland Burris,, Jeremiah Wright, Ted Kennedy, Patrick Kennedy, William Jefferson, Eric Holder, Gavin Newsom, Kevin Johnson, Kathleen Sebelius, Barbara Boxer, Bobby Byrd, Dianne Feinstein, Valerie Jarrett, Rahm Emanuel, Pete Stark, Franklin Raines, Bill Richardson, Janet Napolitano, Nancy Pelosi, William Ayers, Bernadette Dorn, Acorn, Steven Rattner, Jesse Jackson, Jesse Jackson, Jr, Al Sharpton, Al Franken, William Lynn, William Childress, the Clinton Library, Kwame Kilpatrick, Sandy Berger, Sam Adams, Nancy Killifer, Louis Farakhan, Mims Hackett, Arne Duncan, Hilda Solis, James McGreevy, Ron Sims, Maria Eitel, Mary Landrieu, Ben Nelson, Bill Nelson, the SEIU, Patrick Leahy, Harry Reid, Ron Gonzales, Tony Rezko, Father Pfleger, Jamie Gorelick, Rashid Khalidi, Sami Al Arian, Ward Churchill, Marion Berry, Angelo Mozilo, Anthony Suarez, Peter Cammarano, Dennis Elwell, Kevin Jennings, Van Jones, John Conyers, Monica Conyers.