Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

  1. #61
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Are you going to ignore what I say when it doesnt fit in your mold or do you plan on addressing my entire statement?
    Your claiming that you do not suppot Hamas means nothing, given that you have done nothing but do so, in that you continually and flatly refuse to hold them responsible for the deaths of their human shields, and instead blame, wholesale, their opponent for those deaths.

  2. #62
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What tenet or particular part of 'international law' forbids settling land that you won in a war you did not start - especially once the state that lost the land officially ceded it away?

    I ask because there are a great number of Germans that would like to see the whole of Prussia restored.
    Notice how this went unanswered.

    I also have little patience for this argument. I live in a country that was illegally colonized from 1946-1949 if you use the same standard used against Israel in the West Bank. No one said or did anything to oppose this.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What tenet or particular part of 'international law' forbids settling land that you won in a war you did not start - especially once the state that lost the land officially ceded it away?
    DECLARATION ON PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW FRIENDLY RELATIONS AND CO

    International law is clear that territorial integrity is not affected by whichever side was the aggressor. The acquisition of territory by the use of force, regardless if self-defensive, will always be invalid. As such, Israel annexed East Jerusalem, a move not recognized by anyone. Hence why it has the same status as the West Bank: occupied.

    And what state ceded the land away? Jordan? Jordan relinquished its occupation of the West Bank to the PLO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I ask because there are a great number of Germans that would like to see the whole of Prussia restored.
    Yeah, that's not dishonest... Reference a time when customary international law hadn't even been formulated. In case you forgot, it took two world wars to create a international organization that respects territorial integrity.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Notice how this went unanswered.

    I also have little patience for this argument. I live in a country that was illegally colonized from 1946-1949 if you use the same standard used against Israel in the West Bank. No one said or did anything to oppose this.
    So why blame us?

    Or are you mad the Palestinians are actually opposing something illegal?

  5. #65
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,210

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    On top it all, it didnt even ****ing work. Hamas rocket attacks are STILL going on, stronger and more numerous than ever.
    Are you deliberately lying?

    We've already done the comparison between 210 rockets in 20 days before the operation and 5 rockets in 30 days after the operation.

    And how many rockets have fell on Israel in the last month?
    Zero.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #66
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    So why blame us?

    Or are you mad the Palestinians are actually opposing something illegal?
    The Palestinians would have a heck of a lot more credibility if they weren't using violence to oppose what they believe to be illegal.

    The International Community would have a heck of a lot more credibility if they would apply what they perceive to be international law by being more consistant in calling out violators of it.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #67
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post

    Yeah, that's not dishonest... Reference a time when customary international law hadn't even been formulated. In case you forgot, it took two world wars to create a international organization that respects territorial integrity.
    What the heck are YOU talking about? Customary international law has been evolving for thousands of years. As for respecting territorial integrity, international law has respected that since the days of Hugo Grotius. One principle of customary international law that has been in place for at least two hundred years if the necessity for a treaty to be properly signed and ratified for the transfer of territory from one state to another.

    Having said that, I would like to see a little consistency from you and others regarding the interpretation and defense of such rules and laws.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    The Vice President of the USA visits to further the peace process, and the day before he arrives, Israel announces the building approval of a further 114 illegal houses in the occupied West Bank. Another brick wall hit.
    Now you know who the brick wall is.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    The Palestinians would have a heck of a lot more credibility if they weren't using violence to oppose what they believe to be illegal.
    It's not what they believe to be illegal. They oppose something that is illegal, and for some odd reason, you have a problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    The International Community would have a heck of a lot more credibility if they would apply what they perceive to be international law by being more consistant in calling out violators of it.
    Well you can thank the Western Powers for creating the Security Council system that ensures superpowers stay in charge.

  10. #70
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Israel-Palestine Talks Run Into Brick Wall

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    It's not what they believe to be illegal. They oppose something that is illegal, and for some odd reason, you have a problem with that.
    I have some trouble with it, yes, but considering what these neighbors of theirs are doing, I am willing to grant them some leeway. Again, living in a country that was similarly colonized to the silence of the international community, I am not exactly sympathetic.

    Well you can thank the Western Powers for creating the Security Council system that ensures superpowers stay in charge.
    I didn't know the USSR and China were "Western Powers".
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •