Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    It's pretty clear the Liberals missed the point and if you hate me go ahead.

    Here is something else to confuse the Liberals. The facts about when Canada started down the road to Socialized medicine get ignored, so what a bout this.

    Sarah Palin never snuck into Canada.

    This is a misquote.

    What she said was:

    How does a 5 year old sneak into Canada and is she a hypocrite because her Mom and Dad took here there as Canada was just moving to Socialized system?

    By the Way Russia says today that Alaska is still their territory and I say it was until it became a State officially, but that's just an opinion. And I know about the territory thing. What shocks me is that there is a liberal out there who could actually figure it out.
    I thought the point was that she's a lair. At 5 she most likely didn't remember **** about it. And even if she did, she used the same "brother story" for two different occasions with two different locations for the emergency visit. Why would she say they took him to Juno in one story and Canada another time? Because she's a liar.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I thought the point was that she's a lair. At 5 she most likely didn't remember **** about it. And even if she did, she used the same "brother story" for two different occasions with two different locations for the emergency visit. Why would she say they took him to Juno in one story and Canada another time? Because she's a liar.

  3. #103
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    How does a 5 year old sneak into Canada and is she a hypocrite because her Mom and Dad took here there as Canada was just moving to Socialized system?
    More importantly, how does this illustrate some sort of hypocricy on Palin's part, especially given that the examples of prominent people from countries with socialized medicine coming to the US for care they could not otherwise get are ignored?

  4. #104
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I thought the point was that she's a lair.
    This will be impossible for you to prove -- but then, the accusation is enough when a (R) is involved.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This will be impossible for you to prove -- but then, the accusation is enough when a (R) is involved.
    I think I did prove it, you simply ignored it in the quote for some odd reason.

  6. #106
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I think I did prove it, you simply ignored it in the quote for some odd reason.
    A lie requies that the person in question intentionally made a false statement, and specifically requires that the person knew the statement was false.
    Thus, you havent proven anything.

  7. #107
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    A lie requies that the person in question intentionally made a false statement, and specifically requires that the person knew the statement was false.
    Would you say that Ms. Palin knows the difference between Canada and Alaska, and the difference between a train and a ferry?

    If no, her conflicting stories can be excused due to ignorance.

    If yes, her conflicting stories indicate she knowingly made a false statement.

  8. #108
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Would you say that Ms. Palin knows the difference between Canada and Alaska, and the difference between a train and a ferry?

    If no, her conflicting stories can be excused due to ignorance.

    If yes, her conflicting stories indicate she knowingly made a false statement.
    I am not fully privy to the supposed contradictions in the stories you mention, but it is entirely possible that these contradictions do not constitute a lie.

  9. #109
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I am not fully privy to the supposed contradictions in the stories you mention, but it is entirely possible that these contradictions do not constitute a lie.
    good
    please explain the contradictions
    i am curious to know the explanation which will reveal this not to be a lie told by the chillbilly
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin: I snuck to Canada for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    good
    please explain the contradictions
    i am curious to know the explanation which will reveal this not to be a lie told by the chillbilly

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •