Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Care R

  1. #31
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Monday, March 01, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement

    President Obama’s health care summit last week seems to have nudged up support, but 52% of U.S. voters continue to oppose the plan proposed by the president and congressional Democrats.

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 44% favor the plan, up three points from last week just before the summit and the highest level of support recorded since mid-November.
    Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but 44% in favor isn't 2/3's...... Right?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #32
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, your point is you wanted to use a bull**** poll that didn't represent what you wanted and wanted to make use it to imply something completely different than what it is, and then when you want to get caught and called out in doing it rant and rave about lying republicans that arguably did...well...the same dishonest thing you did.

    You tried to imply that because 2/3 of people want health care reform that it meant 2/3rds of the people wanted THIS health care reform because the republicans were denying the will of the people by stopping this health care reform. That's dishonest, and you know it, as evident by the fact you can't and won't back up your numbers with any links or any facts to show the question that was asked because it'll show its a generic "want health care" and not "want the health care as proposed by democrats/obama".

    I'm sorry if you're getting angry that your integrity is being questioned, but when you're whining and bitching about devious tactics and then you use those tactics yourself excuse me if i think its hypocritically hollow.
    just because you inferred it doesn't mean i implied it. a majority of people also don't think republicans have done enough to work for reform, or are you going to deny that as well?

    btw...here was my exact post, i'm sorry if you think it was devious. that's actually laughable, when my point has been throughtout this thread that reps have obstructed instead of coming to the table honestly to work something out. they have not by any stretch of the imagination been willing to give an inch. remember waterloo?

    2/3 of the people want healthcare reform, that tells me that republicans don't, as ever, give a crap about what the public wants.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #33
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i can agree with that to some small extent. dems are showing cowardice on this issue. however, i contend that public opinion could have been swayed by honest communication about what exactly reform would entail, instead of the death panel scare tactics used by republicans.

    but it happened, and it scared dems off true reform.
    I'll disagree - the greatest speaking communicator of at least the past 30 years is in the White House. He and the Democrats over the last year have had a chance to define, refine and communicate exactly what they wanted to do. The American people said they don't want it. What they DO want is, and unfortunately for Democrats, what the Republicans stated at the "summit": Scrap it and start over with REAL financial reform. You can blame it on "death panels" all you want, but the fact is no one including Obama could convince people the turd in the punchbowl was a good thing. Now instead of making new punch, he's planning on forcing people to drink...

    And let's not kid ourselves, Democrats used scare tactics for the past 8 years and are unapologetic for the most part. That it was used against them for their pet project of health care, we're all supposed to scream "foul"? In order to take the high ground, there must be higher ground to stand on and sorry, your claim doesn't cut it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #34
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Health Care Reform - Rasmussen Reports

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but 44% in favor isn't 2/3's...... Right?
    Correct, unless Congress is planning to pass an amendment stating 44% now equals 66%. And I wouldn't put it past them to try.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'll disagree - the greatest speaking communicator of at least the past 30 years is in the White House. He and the Democrats over the last year have had a chance to define, refine and communicate exactly what they wanted to do. The American people said they don't want it. What they DO want is, and unfortunately for Democrats, what the Republicans stated at the "summit": Scrap it and start over with REAL financial reform. You can blame it on "death panels" all you want, but the fact is no one including Obama could convince people the turd in the punchbowl was a good thing. Now instead of making new punch, he's planning on forcing people to drink...

    And let's not kid ourselves, Democrats used scare tactics for the past 8 years and are unapologetic for the most part. That it was used against them for their pet project of health care, we're all supposed to scream "foul"? In order to take the high ground, there must be higher ground to stand on and sorry, your claim doesn't cut it.
    dems used scare tactics! where?.......that's enough of that piece of ridiculousness. what dems need are some balls to outshout the palins of the world.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    dems used scare tactics! where?.......that's enough of that piece of ridiculousness. what dems need are some balls to outshout the palins of the world.
    Dems blocked something like 270 judicial nominees from 2001 to 2006.

    The idea that only one side plays this game is completely ridiculous. Only a partisan would attempt to assert it.

  7. #37
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    dems used scare tactics! where?.......that's enough of that piece of ridiculousness. what dems need are some balls to outshout the palins of the world.
    They tried this past summer and failed at town halls all over the country.

    And yes, Dems use scare tactics. You really want me to post them or is the faux outrage satirical?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Here is Obama in his own words. We can not pass universal health care with 50 plus 1.
    What I got from that assortment of video clips was as a young Illinois Senator, Obama viewed the process of getting legistlation passed one way, but as a U.S. Senator and and presidential candidate he viewed the process differently. Nothing wrong with that really. It's like moving up from being just another worker-bee to getting promoted to middle management and then to becoming the top brass; your views change as you move up that leadership ladder.

    Still, point taken: Don't flip-flop on your views concerning how the democratic process works (in the Senate) because one day your words may come back to haunt you.

  9. #39
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    They tried this past summer and failed at town halls all over the country.

    And yes, Dems use scare tactics. You really want me to post them or is the faux outrage satirical?
    no thanks. i can see this is going nowhere.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #40
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Wait wait wait...so since the democratic process isn't working out for the Dems and their healthcare disaster, it's perfectly ok to trash that democratic process and then blame the republicans as the reason they had to trash the democratic process?

    That's just ****ing rich. I can't wait till the dems do this. It will pretty much be the nail in the coffin of their hold on power for another 2 to 3 election cycles.
    seems to me it's legal, so yeah, i say go for it, because it is the republicans fault.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •