Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Care R

  1. #21
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Notice the GOP threatened to use it but did not for judges when the dems were the obstruction party and set the precedent to filibuster everything even judges.
    could you please explain that post?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #22
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It means principals do not matter to him pushing through his BS healthcare against the wishes of the majority of the people does.

    He should stand by what he said as a senator.
    2/3 of the people want healthcare reform, that tells me that republicans don't, as ever, give a crap about what the public wants.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #23
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    we do.....how about getting rid of the obstructionists?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #24
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i agree to this extent: whatever is passed will be watered down, thanks to the republicans.
    Republicans are in the minority in both Houses of Congress with a Democrat in the White House. This is NOT the Republicans fault, this is owned 100% by the Democrats.

    The shift in blame to Republicans in this case, is ludicrous.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #25
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    we do.....how about getting rid of the obstructionists?
    Democrats need to get rid of the obstructionists ... Dems run the town, so time to own up and take responsibility.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #26
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Republicans are in the minority in both Houses of Congress with a Democrat in the White House. This is NOT the Republicans fault, this is owned 100% by the Democrats.

    The shift in blame to Republicans in this case, is ludicrous.
    i can agree with that to some small extent. dems are showing cowardice on this issue. however, i contend that public opinion could have been swayed by honest communication about what exactly reform would entail, instead of the death panel scare tactics used by republicans.

    but it happened, and it scared dems off true reform.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  7. #27
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Democrats need to get rid of the obstructionists ... Dems run the town, so time to own up and take responsibility.
    which is just what i hope they do using reconciliation....stand up and TAKE ownership.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    2/3 of the people want healthcare reform, that tells me that republicans don't, as ever, give a crap about what the public wants.
    Way to be misleading, are you even ATTEMPTING to be honest.

    2/3's of people wanting health care reform does not equal 2/3's of people wanting THIS health care reform.

    For example if I was asked by a pollster if "I want health care reform" I'd say Yes.

    If I was asked "Do you want universal health care" or "Government provided insurance" I would say no.

    If I was asked "Do you want the Health Care bill as pushed by President Obama" I'd say no.

    So just because 2/3rds of people want health care reform...and if you want to throw out meaningless numbers I could pull out how many in this country consider themselves conservative so you could see the 2/3rds number is ridiculous to use as a bludgeon of republicans...does NOT mean the republicans are not doing the will of the people by disagreeing with this bill.

    Please, how about you show some honesty. Quote the numbers of people that support THIS health care reform, not just reform in a general sense.

  9. #29
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Way to be misleading, are you even ATTEMPTING to be honest.

    2/3's of people wanting health care reform does not equal 2/3's of people wanting THIS health care reform.

    For example if I was asked by a pollster if "I want health care reform" I'd say Yes.

    If I was asked "Do you want universal health care" or "Government provided insurance" I would say no.

    If I was asked "Do you want the Health Care bill as pushed by President Obama" I'd say no.

    So just because 2/3rds of people want health care reform...and if you want to throw out meaningless numbers I could pull out how many in this country consider themselves conservative so you could see the 2/3rds number is ridiculous to use as a bludgeon of republicans...does NOT mean the republicans are not doing the will of the people by disagreeing with this bill.

    Please, how about you show some honesty. Quote the numbers of people that support THIS health care reform, not just reform in a general sense.
    most people don't know WHAT this health care reform is, do they? they think it's about death panels and gov't intrusion, and you and i BOTH know it's not.

    and my point here is that republicans have refused to even consider any kind of compromise, and i certainly hope that obama and the dems hammer that fact day in and day out, because it's been disgusting behavior from day one.

    excuse my anger, but don't question my honesty.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Ca

    No, your point is you wanted to use a bull**** poll that didn't represent what you wanted and wanted to make use it to imply something completely different than what it is, and then when you want to get caught and called out in doing it rant and rave about lying republicans that arguably did...well...the same dishonest thing you did.

    You tried to imply that because 2/3 of people want health care reform that it meant 2/3rds of the people wanted THIS health care reform because the republicans were denying the will of the people by stopping this health care reform. That's dishonest, and you know it, as evident by the fact you can't and won't back up your numbers with any links or any facts to show the question that was asked because it'll show its a generic "want health care" and not "want the health care as proposed by democrats/obama".

    I'm sorry if you're getting angry that your integrity is being questioned, but when you're whining and bitching about devious tactics and then you use those tactics yourself excuse me if i think its hypocritically hollow.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •