Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You bet cha. I'm surprised it's not higher. Unprecedented blizzards where they never get them and the deep south that normally basks in the sun gets Canadian weather, and you bet it cuts construction and other jobs and has a rippling effect throughout the economy. Dude it's a no brainer!
    There are no jobs. Housing starts hit a new low.

    This is no surprise just more of the same. Trying to play down the economy and the fact no one is hiring does not change the truth.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I've got Councilman's posts blocked but I'll bet anything it's a rant against Obama again. Am I right?

    He probably conveniently ignored this part of the article:

    "This is certainly not surprising given the very adverse weather conditions for the eastern half of the country, especially in the major population areas," said Robert Dye, a senior economist at PNC Financial Services. "Weather has a huge impact, particularly with things like construction, which remains very soft."
    Yes because putting people on ignore is really brilliant on a debate forum...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #13
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes because putting people on ignore is really brilliant on a debate forum...
    Only if you don't like their stance on the issues, but can't refute them..... then it makes perfect sense.

    Just as much sense as, say, Hey look…. It’s snowing….. Time to lay off the whole crew and go out of business. No brainer fur sure.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I'm in shock that there were that many jobs left to lose.

    So far every claim Obama has made about job creation has turned out to be a lie and if the unemployment rate was still figures ad it was before the Reagan Administration changed the rules we'd be talking about a rate near 17 to 20%.

    The only thing keeping people from hitting the streets like in Greece is extending unemployment benefits and the continuing massive lies being swallowed by people who bought into the Obama myth that he is some kind of Messiah with powers beyond those of mortal men.

    Obama and those he has surrounded himself with have NO practical experience dealing with real world issues related to anything having to do with the economy that confront us and his ideology is not suited to fix any of the problems.

    It's a sad time in American history when people have bought into Obama's lies so much that they have blinders on and will not look at the facts that everything he has proposed is wrong and making things worse not better.

    Socialism has never worked and it won't work now.
    Those folks didn't hear about the 2 millions jobs available in the past few months. No worries, 2/3 of the stimulus is left so they'll all get jobs soon.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    1. Another revision DOWNWARDS.

    2. This is getting to be ROUTINE.

    3. The economic news every month is described as "unexpected."

    4. Monthly stats are routinely "disappointing."

    5. They're consistently reversing previous trajectories of some small improvement.

    6. Which is why they're always so forebiddingly foreboding as far as forecasting our future.

    7. We're talking here homes---SALES, VALUES and, most frighteningly, FORECLOSURES.

    8. We're talking consumer spending, here.

    9. Consumer confidence.

    10. Virtually EVERY indicator.

    11. And, of course, most jolting---JOBS.

    12. TWELVE PERCENT in TWO WEEKS is wretchedly worrisome.

    13. In addition we're daily reading headlines like, "1000 Layoffs at NYC Transit," "1000 Jobs Cut in SF Schools," "Mass Layoffs on the Rise," "23,000 To Lose Work When Space Shuttle Shuts Down..."

    14. Danger of DOUBLE DIP is becoming drastic.

    15. Meanwhile, Harry's jobs bill, 15 cents worth, is now in trouble downstairs in Pelosi's Place.

    A House in chaos - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

    16. The CBC on the left, the Dogs on the right.

    17. The STIMULUS (which democrats can no longer call a stimulus) failed.

    18. All the TARP, the takeovers, the bailouts, the mortgage reliefs...

    19. Government, government everywhere.

    20. Yet NOTHING IS WORKING.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    1. Another revision DOWNWARDS.

    2. This is getting to be ROUTINE.

    3. The economic news every month is described as "unexpected."

    4. Monthly stats are routinely "disappointing."

    5. They're consistently reversing previous trajectories of some small improvement.

    6. Which is why they're always so forebiddingly foreboding as far as forecasting our future.

    7. We're talking here homes---SALES, VALUES and, most frighteningly, FORECLOSURES.

    8. We're talking consumer spending, here.

    9. Consumer confidence.

    10. Virtually EVERY indicator.

    11. And, of course, most jolting---JOBS.

    12. TWELVE PERCENT in TWO WEEKS is wretchedly worrisome.

    13. In addition we're daily reading headlines like, "1000 Layoffs at NYC Transit," "1000 Jobs Cut in SF Schools," "Mass Layoffs on the Rise," "23,000 To Lose Work When Space Shuttle Shuts Down..."

    14. Danger of DOUBLE DIP is becoming drastic.

    15. Meanwhile, Harry's jobs bill, 15 cents worth, is now in trouble downstairs in Pelosi's Place.

    A House in chaos - Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com

    16. The CBC on the left, the Dogs on the right.

    17. The STIMULUS (which democrats can no longer call a stimulus) failed.

    18. All the TARP, the takeovers, the bailouts, the mortgage reliefs...

    19. Government, government everywhere.

    20. Yet NOTHING IS WORKING.
    Nothing was done.... except bank a huge slush fund for the 2012 election war chest.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #17
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Does anyone besides me think that there are some factors out of the government's control (besides the weather) that have a significant influence on the unemployment rate?

    It seems to me that the President is used as a scape-goat for things beyond the President's control.

    [Disclosure: I was the victim of a permanent lay-off one week before Christmas of 2008. Although I obtained another job 10 weeks later, that experience was stressful and scary. So, I can empathize with people who have lost their jobs due to no fault of their own.]
    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyboy View Post
    Does anyone besides me think that there are some factors out of the government's control (besides the weather) that have a significant influence on the unemployment rate?

    It seems to me that the President is used as a scape-goat for things beyond the President's control.

    [Disclosure: I was the victim of a permanent lay-off one week before Christmas of 2008. Although I obtained another job 10 weeks later, that experience was stressful and scary. So, I can empathize with people who have lost their jobs due to no fault of their own.]
    I've been laid off before. Nevertheless it's Obama who brought this on himself with his policies.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #19
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes because putting people on ignore is really brilliant on a debate forum...
    It makes a lot of sense when there is no debate to speak of from the blocked party. You know the same ol' partisan ranting dribble that it's all the president's fault or this is why I hate our president blah blah blah.

    Sorry but I my time is valuable. I prefer to debate with someone that has something intelligent to say.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 02-28-10 at 01:05 AM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Jobless claims up 12% in past 2 weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I've been laid off before. Nevertheless it's Obama who brought this on himself with his policies.
    What's I tell ya?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •