Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

  1. #51
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    He doesnt, alot of the "principled" cons here on this forum dont know squat between the two. Its easier just to call us commies and be done with it.
    Oh, I know. Expecting blind party loyalists to understand such a distinction is far too much to ask. It takes a lot less brainpower to call us "lefty" or some other ridiculous epithet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Another thing I noticed from the reactions from the "principled" people here and on conservative blogs if Palin or Romney won you can bet your ass they would be signing a different tune.
    Probably. I'm not reading much of anything into a straw poll. Winning a straw poll simply means you were able to turn out the most supporters that particular night. In any event, there's no way in Hell the GOP leadership would let Paul get within a country mile of the nomination. They're hooked on the money and power every bit as much as any Democrat.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Do you know the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism?
    I think we both know the answer to that one. It's especially difficult to be honest and acknowledge the difference when you wish to continually rail against the only guy we regularly see arguing against large, intrusive, expensive government. But some people really want their large, intrusive, expensive government and will engage in any amount of misinformation and purposeful spin in order to try to keep it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #53
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I agree. As much as I like Ron Paul, he has one flaw that kills his chances. He has no charisma.
    There is another flaw that utterly kills Paul's chances, the man is 77 years old.

  4. #54
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    He's an isolationist because he's a Libertarian?

    Wrong on both counts.
    Coronado, you probably didn't hear all of the things that I heard during Libertarian Party meetings, and you probably didn't read what I read in Libertarian publications. I don't know about now, but back then there was a strong isolationist faction within the Libertarian Party, and the Party did make Ron Paul its presidential candidate.
    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  5. #55
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyboy View Post
    Coronado, you probably didn't hear all of the things that I heard during Libertarian Party meetings, and you probably didn't read what I read in Libertarian publications. I don't know about now, but back then there was a strong isolationist faction within the Libertarian Party, and the Party did make Ron Paul its presidential candidate.
    You spoke in the present tense. Paul may be a libertarian now, but he is no longer a Libertarian, as he is a Republican. Also, he is now a non-interventionist, which is different than isolationism.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think we both know the answer to that one. It's especially difficult to be honest and acknowledge the difference when you wish to continually rail against the only guy we regularly see arguing against large, intrusive, expensive government. But some people really want their large, intrusive, expensive government and will engage in any amount of misinformation and purposeful spin in order to try to keep it.
    This thread is not about me but lets just say I have forgotten more about those 2 words then you and your bunk buddy will ever know........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #57
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    This thread is not about me but lets just say I have forgotten more about those 2 words then you and your bunk buddy will ever know........
    Nobody is making the thread about you. I just want to know if you know the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism. So far you have yet to show that you do.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Nobody is making the thread about you. I just want to know if you know the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism. So far you have yet to show that you do.
    I don't have to questions from far out lefties like you
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #59
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't have to questions from far out lefties like you
    You don't have to what to questions?

    And for the record, I'm right handed.

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC domination

    Moderator's Warning:
    CPAC: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll - ends Romney's CPAC dominationThis post is not about individual posters. This is correct. This includes both large commentary on another poster without addressing the topic AND one liners deriding people as a "far out lefties". Keep it on track

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •