Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

  1. #31
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    O'Reilly panders to Obama from what I can see in order to his next interview lined up.

    I do agree that bashing is the wrong tactic because it is a Liberal tactic and Liberals will use it in rebuttal attacks.

    Best thing to do is what Glenn Beck did. Point out facts and then stress what I have been saying for over a year study history and what it tells us will result from Obama style plans and actions. We don't have to bash to tell the and point out the truth and Obama and his minions can't handle the truth.

    Ever notice how they act the messenger because they can't stand up to the facts.

    Obams is a socialist and his programs and plans are socialist and they have always failed every time they are tried.

    We just need to say here is what Obama plans, and here is what happened in history the last time it was tried and this is the result. You decide if it worked.

    I get tired of O'Reilly in about 30 seconds and have to turn it off he's no Conservative just a shameless opportunist.
    Best thing do to is do what Glenn Beck did? You gotta be kidding me

    Beck is a fruitcake and proves it every show

    Also Bill has never claimed to be a Conservative.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #32
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Best thing do to is do what Glenn Beck did? You gotta be kidding me

    Beck is a fruitcake and proves it every show

    Also Bill has never claimed to be a Conservative.
    Even if he was I find some humor in that fact some one is complaining a pundit on the Fair and Balanced Network isn't Conservative enough.

  3. #33
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I don't know where it comes from, my best guess is that it stems from people who, for some reason unknown to me, are unable to see liberals as reasonable human beings. So instead of two principled opponents who have different ideas, they see politics as normal people vs horrible degenerates. Unfortunately this sort of insanity seems to have invaded mainstream politics on the right with people such as Beck, Bachmann, and Limbaugh
    It likely comes from extreme ignorance and lack of education. Remember, these are often the same people who are in the Cult of Reagan. Except Reagan essentially did the same thing, exploding government, going on a stimulus spending binge and exploding the debt all while pressuring the Fed to be extremely loose with the money supply. I bring this up constantly and all I get is cricket noises from these people. Even more amusing, I bring up how a large portion of the stimulus was tax relief. I even cite how the bonus depreciation is identical to Bush that got us partially out of the 2002 recession and no Obama basher even acknowledges it.

    It's highly questionable if these people even care about reality anymore. Obama in many ways is a copy of Bush, enacting the same fiscal policies. Bush pushed through a very socialized drug bill. Apparently when a Republican enacts an actual socialist bill, it's okay, but when a Democrat pushes a very-NOT-socialist bill, it's socialist. These people define words as they see fit without any actual understanding of the terms.

    What I don't get is why these people aren't in arms over Republicans pushing for more funding for the VA. The VA is by definition of how it works socialized medicine. The state controls the means of production by hiring the doctors, owning the hospitals and directly providing the medical services. So apparently Republicans asking for more funding of a socialized medical system is okay and is noble. But at the same time socialized medicine is evil.

    Huh. Ignorance and lack of education right there.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #34
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It likely comes from extreme ignorance and lack of education. Remember, these are often the same people who are in the Cult of Reagan. Except Reagan essentially did the same thing, exploding government, going on a stimulus spending binge and exploding the debt all while pressuring the Fed to be extremely loose with the money supply. I bring this up constantly and all I get is cricket noises from these people. Even more amusing, I bring up how a large portion of the stimulus was tax relief. I even cite how the bonus depreciation is identical to Bush that got us partially out of the 2002 recession and no Obama basher even acknowledges it.

    It's highly questionable if these people even care about reality anymore. Obama in many ways is a copy of Bush, enacting the same fiscal policies. Bush pushed through a very socialized drug bill. Apparently when a Republican enacts an actual socialist bill, it's okay, but when a Democrat pushes a very-NOT-socialist bill, it's socialist. These people define words as they see fit without any actual understanding of the terms.

    What I don't get is why these people aren't in arms over Republicans pushing for more funding for the VA. The VA is by definition of how it works socialized medicine. The state controls the means of production by hiring the doctors, owning the hospitals and directly providing the medical services. So apparently Republicans asking for more funding of a socialized medical system is okay and is noble. But at the same time socialized medicine is evil.

    Huh. Ignorance and lack of education right there.
    Ignorance and lack of education? Do you always talk down to people that disagree with you? You really are blinded by an ideology and if you want to really see or hear ignorance here is an example

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA"]YouTube- Obama Stash[/ame]

    This seems to be the rule with Obama voters or at least enough to put him in the WH.

    It does seem you have a distorted view as to the role of Govt. Obviously you prefer to re-write history instead of actually reading and understanding history.

    Your distortion of the Reagan years is a perfect example but there is an entire tread devoted to refuting your anti Reagan claims and there are non partisan sites such as BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Treasury which refute your statements.

    Apparently you don't find it hypocritical to point out your problems with Reagan and Bush but ignore when Obama implements Reagan and Bush policies.

    Both understood you empower people not the govt. to create jobs.

    Both understood that taxpayers keeping more of their own money stimulates and grows the economy as well as govt. revenue.

    Both understand the obligations owed to our military thus the VA funding.

    Both understand personal responsibility thus provided tax cuts to allow people to need less govt.

    There are parts of the stimulus that were good but most of it was payment to pet programs of the Democrats but you ignore that reality. You can always use the cafeteria style approach with Bush and Reagan but ignore that same tactic when it comes to Obama.

    I know know a few others who are part of the 6% that believe the stimulus plan actually created jobs.

  5. #35
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    There are parts of the stimulus that were good but most of it was payment to pet programs of the Democrats but you ignore that reality. You can always use the cafeteria style approach with Bush and Reagan but ignore that same tactic when it comes to Obama.
    could you please expound on this?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #36
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    could you please expound on this?
    Read the Obama stimulus plan and compare it to Reagan/Bush's. The claim was made that there were tax cuts in the Obama plan so it should be easy to compare those tax cuts to Reagan/Bush's. The Stimulus plan signed by Obama was 800 billion dollars, the Reagan and Bush stimulus plans were mostly tax cuts that grew govt. revenue thus cost the govt. nothing.

    Tell me what is stimulative about this and why it was such an emergency that had to be passed immediately? This isn't a stimulus package as much as it is a State of the Union speech which outlines Budgetary requirements.

    Specific Provisions

    $180 billion to states to expand unemployment benefitsWSJ.com: Partisan Rancor Seeps Into Talks on Stimulus Plan (January 24, 2009)6

    Upgrade 10,000 schoolsMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    Make federal buildings more energy efficientMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    Triple undergraduate and graduate science fellowshipsMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    Shift to electronic medical recordsMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    Invest in preventative health careMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    Add 3,000 miles of electrical linesMSNBC.com: Obama: Stimulus plan means lower power bills (January 24, 2009)5

    One-time $300 payment to senior citizensWSJ.com: Partisan Rancor Seeps Into Talks on Stimulus Plan (January 24, 2009)6

    $8 billion investment in high-speed rail, to put people to work improving tracks, crossing and signal repairNew York Times: Slice of Stimulus
    Package Will Go to Faster Trains (February 20, 2009)11
    $2 billion for energy department projectsSeattle Times: Stimulus package to create 4,400 jobs at Hanford (February 20, 2009)12
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-22-10 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Add content

  7. #37
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Looks like O'Reilly's gone liberal.



    Gone, he never left.


    He's anti-gun, environmentalist, pro-choice, and anti-death penalty.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    As far as I can tell, there are some (not all) conservatives that for some reason believe that liberals are following some sort of planned conspiracy to fundamentally alter the fabric of the country. Try listening to Rush Limbaugh, hes constantly going on about this sort of thing.

    I don't know where it comes from, my best guess is that it stems from people who, for some reason unknown to me, are unable to see liberals as reasonable human beings. So instead of two principled opponents who have different ideas, they see politics as normal people vs horrible degenerates. Unfortunately this sort of insanity seems to have invaded mainstream politics on the right with people such as Beck, Bachmann, and Limbaugh.

    I am sure that the frenzy is good for the base, but the side effect is that it also attracts extremists and removes possibilities for rational discourse, common ground, and compromise. Just as one cannot negotiate with criminals, these people believe you cannot negotiate with liberals. Another side effect is that you also lose the ability to criticize policy, instead you spend your time criticizing whole ideologies.

    I don't pretend to understand it, but that's how it looks from my perspective at least.
    In political terms, it's called "Talking Right", and the Republican/Conservative party has it down to a science! They've learned exactly how to use certain key words or phrases and spin things exactly how they want people to hear them. Nevermind that what they say might be a half-truth or completely false. The Republican party has become the masters of political talk. And to be fair, the Democrats are starting to finally establish their own brand of political jargon, but Republicans have a big advantage from learning how to twist and manipulate political speak for decades.

    Regardless, what you've pointed out is so very true. There does seem to be more and more hate-speak coming from the Republican camp than any real substance. And using venues like CPAC to foster such hatred insntead of focusing in on the issues this country truly needs to have addressed doesn't do their party much good at all.

  9. #39
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    In political terms, it's called "Talking Right", and the Republican/Conservative party has it down to a science! They've learned exactly how to use certain key words or phrases and spin things exactly how they want people to hear them. Nevermind that what they say might be a half-truth or completely false. The Republican party has become the masters of political talk. And to be fair, the Democrats are starting to finally establish their own brand of political jargon, but Republicans have a big advantage from learning how to twist and manipulate political speak for decades.

    Regardless, what you've pointed out is so very true. There does seem to be more and more hate-speak coming from the Republican camp than any real substance. And using venues like CPAC to foster such hatred insntead of focusing in on the issues this country truly needs to have addressed doesn't do their party much good at all.



    Example?


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: O’Reilly tells conservatives to stop ‘bashing’ Obama

    Well, let's use the idea of Socialism. It's a word and ideaology Conservatives use to strike fear into the American people. But what many people are starting to learn is that there have been aspects of Socialism in the country for years, i.e., Medicare, the Railroad Retirement System, the VA, even the U.S. Postal Service. But many people (particularly those who oppose Pres. Obama) actually believe that he's really trying to impose Socialism on this country on a massive scale and there's just no proof to that whatsoever.

    Conservatives keep spouting off how the Obama Administration is trying to take away rights from the people, but what law/bill has he signed that does that? If anything, he has signed laws that help the American people gain better consumer protection for themselves, thus giving them a stronger voice, i.e., the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, 2009, as one example.

    I see no evidence of the types of things the opposition claims this President is doing on such a grand scale that warrants the levels of fear Republicans/Conservatives are aspousing to. IMO, it's a shame they'd stoop to such levels that do nothing except divide this country more and more.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 02-22-10 at 12:10 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •