Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

  1. #11
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So if Obama invaded Iran, you'd refrain from criticizing him solely because he only invaded one country whereas Bush invaded two?
    Do we really have to argue like children? I mean, your question is ridiculous.

    It's impressive to see how even-handed you are with these things. A weaker man might be opposed to all bad things, regardless of their magnitude.
    If you guys are going to attack Obama for every little thing, after ya'll defended his crimes, I have to set you straight.

    I'm not as happy with some of Obama's decisions as you think. But, his direction and mindset is honest and honorable. He has the good of the country in mind. Bush & Cheney are crooks, liars and treasonists. Their ONLY concern was always for themselves and their rich friends/corporations, just like Reagan was.

    I won't play your silly games of nit picks and looking to highlight minutia that you think supports your arguments. If Obama did something as stupid as invading Iran (especially based on lies!) I'd be right next to you lambasting him.

    In the meantime, watch a president who has morals and compassion for ALL Americans. Ya'll could learn much from him.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  2. #12
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    "Slick Willie" Clinton...........
    Once again you totally missed the boat. Do you actually read what we write or do you just see one or two words and fire away?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #13
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Just because Bush had shenanigans doesn't make it right for the Democrats to have them too. Wasn't it Democrats who decried Bush's shenanigans? To now turn a blind eye to their own is very hypocritical.

    But we have LESS shenanigans in our party, you say? Maybe, and maybe not. One thing for certain is that Bush administration officials claimed "We only torture a little", and you went ballistic. Where is your outrage now?
    Outrage over what? The idea that a Democratic president wants a particular Democratic Senator to stay in office so he offers a rival another job? That's politics. If it were illegal or immoral you would hear from me on that also.

    Grow up folks. Politics can be nasty. It's when it gets illegal that you should complain. You know, like when the president orders the outing of a CIA spy! When you guys defend THAT kind of politics your argument carries no weight demanding proof of non-criminal actions.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #14
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Sestak (D) Penn. makes WH accusation

    MSNBC reports that Representative Joe Sestak (D) Pennsylvania was offered a federal job in return for not running against Sen. Arlen Specter to the Philidelphia Inquirer in an interview on Friday Feb 19th with local newsman Larry Kane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Philidelphia Inquirer
    Rep. Joe Sestak (D., Pa.) said yesterday that the White House offered him a federal job in an effort to dissuade him from challenging Sen. Arlen Specter in the state's Democratic primary.

    The disclosure came during an afternoon taping of Larry Kane: Voice of Reason, a Sunday news-analysis show on the Comcast Network. Sestak would not elaborate on the circumstances and seemed chagrined after blurting out "yes" to veteran news anchor Kane's direct question.

    "Was it secretary of the Navy?" Kane asked.

    "No comment," Sestak said.

    "Was it [the job] high-ranking?" Kane asked. Sestak said yes, but added that he would "never leave" the Senate race for a deal.
    If true and a deal was offered and can be proven to be offered by a representative of the White House, such a deal would constitute a Federal Crime under Title 18, Chapter 11, Section 211 of the United States Code which in part reads:

    Quote Originally Posted by Federal Criminal Code Title 18, Chapter 11, Section 211

    Whoever solicits or receives, either as a political contribution, or for personal emolument, any money or thing of value, in consideration of the promise of support or use of influence in obtaining for any person any appointive office or place under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. Whoever solicits or receives any thing of value in consideration of aiding a person to obtain employment under the United States either by referring his name to an executive department or agency of the United States or by requiring the payment of a fee because such person has secured such employment shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than one year, or both. This section shall not apply to such services rendered by an employment agency pursuant to the written request of an executive department or agency of the United States.

    LINK to US Code
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #15
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Sestak (D) Penn. makes WH accusation

    Interesting. Whats Sestak record show him to be ideology wise? Is he a Blue Dog?
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  6. #16
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Sestak (D) Penn. makes WH accusation

    Sestak's Voting Record: How Does He Stack Up To Arlen? | TPMDC

    98% down Party lines, but apparently he's not agreed 100% and the 2% were on some key items.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #17
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    You mean because we're seeing politicians acting like... politicians? Oh my!

    They have a lonnnnng way to go to compete with your buddy Bush when it comes to political shenanigans, doncha think? I mean, no one's been convicted of a felony yet so, they're way ahead of the game.

    Go Sestak!
    If Obama makes it 8 years without anyone in his administration committing a felony, you'll have a point. Besides, this may be a felony already.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  8. #18
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    This is an accusation of a felony punishable I believe with a two year prison term.

    What's more interesting is that if the order to for this alleged action can be traced to Obama it is an impeachable offense that is every bit as bad and possibly worse than lying about a little Lewinskey action in a closet.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Yet another reason to see that all politicians, no matter what political affiliation, are scum and have no interest in the country, just interest in their side winning.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #20
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Sestak alleges WH offered him a job to drop Senate bid

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Yet another reason to see that all politicians, no matter what political affiliation, are scum and have no interest in the country, just interest in their side winning.
    Sad but, true. I saw an interview with Sestak. Sounds like the "offer" was insinuated, not formal.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •