Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

  1. #1
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Link
    Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 <em>each</em> | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

    Well you may ask 'How do they arrive at that $57,362 figure per house?'

    Quote from article(The Energy folks did tell ABC they've so far spent 522-million Recovery Act dollars on the program. So, let's see, about 9,100 homes divided into that chunk of stimulation change to believe in is -- gee! -- about $57,362 worth of very expensive weatherstripping for each home fixed up so far.

    Seems believable for a federal program.)

    A little unfair as there are bound to be administrative costs associated with any program.

    Nonetheless plans as to how this and other schemes are to be carried out must in future be studied and perfected (in so far as is possible) in advance.
    To merely set up an expensive administrative empire without actual thought as to the implementation of the intended scheme strikes me as being naive.

    Unfortunately President Obama appears to believe that setting up these various committees to suggest and then oversee their programs is sufficient.
    That the implementation of the Program will be automatic.

    Sorry President Obama, but life only works like that in a Communist Manifesto.

  2. #2
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 <em>each</em> | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

    Well you may ask 'How do they arrive at that $57,362 figure per house?'

    Quote from article(The Energy folks did tell ABC they've so far spent 522-million Recovery Act dollars on the program. So, let's see, about 9,100 homes divided into that chunk of stimulation change to believe in is -- gee! -- about $57,362 worth of very expensive weatherstripping for each home fixed up so far.

    Seems believable for a federal program.)

    A little unfair as there are bound to be administrative costs associated with any program.

    Nonetheless plans as to how this and other schemes are to be carried out must in future be studied and perfected (in so far as is possible) in advance.
    To merely set up an expensive administrative empire without actual thought as to the implementation of the intended scheme strikes me as being naive.

    Unfortunately President Obama appears to believe that setting up these various committees to suggest and then oversee their programs is sufficient.
    That the implementation of the Program will be automatic.

    Sorry President Obama, but life only works like that in a Communist Manifesto.
    They have to pay $52,000 to pay bureaucrats to process the paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #3
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    I have a better idea. Obama's federal government can kiss my ass for free.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 <em>each</em> | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

    Well you may ask 'How do they arrive at that $57,362 figure per house?'

    Quote from article(The Energy folks did tell ABC they've so far spent 522-million Recovery Act dollars on the program. So, let's see, about 9,100 homes divided into that chunk of stimulation change to believe in is -- gee! -- about $57,362 worth of very expensive weatherstripping for each home fixed up so far.

    Seems believable for a federal program.)

    A little unfair as there are bound to be administrative costs associated with any program.

    Nonetheless plans as to how this and other schemes are to be carried out must in future be studied and perfected (in so far as is possible) in advance.
    To merely set up an expensive administrative empire without actual thought as to the implementation of the intended scheme strikes me as being naive.

    Unfortunately President Obama appears to believe that setting up these various committees to suggest and then oversee their programs is sufficient.
    That the implementation of the Program will be automatic.

    Sorry President Obama, but life only works like that in a Communist Manifesto.
    That article is complete bull pucky. I know for a fact because, as a manager of an HVAC contracting company, I KNOW what is available under the stimulus. I sell systems almost every day, and part of the sale is letting homeowners know what is available in the way of "money back".

    Homeowners, during the 2009-2010 time period that is covered by the Obama stimulus, can claim 30% of the money spent on energy saving projects, up to a MAXIMUM OF $1,500.00 as a tax credit on the following year's taxes. The $1,500.00 maximum is for the full 2 year period for which the stimulus is in effect. That is all. Nothing else from the Government, although customers can receive rebates from manufacturers. Those rebates are a few hundred dollars, and have nothing to do with the Federal government. They are absorbed by manufacturers and contractors, each of which provides 50% of each rebate as a cost of doing business.

    This is certainly orders of magnitude less than the lie you linked to.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-18-10 at 04:32 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They have to pay $52,000 to pay bureaucrats to process the paperwork.
    That's not true either. The homeowner merely fills out an IRS form 5695 and includes it with his tax return.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I have a better idea. Obama's federal government can kiss my ass for free.
    ^^^
    Now THAT post is one I can agree with.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-18-10 at 04:38 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That article is complete bull pucky. I know for a fact because, as a manager of an HVAC contracting company, I KNOW what is available under the stimulus. I sell systems almost every day, and part of the sale is letting homeowners know what is available in the way of "money back".

    Homeowners, during the 2009-2010 time period that is covered by the Obama stimulus, can claim 30% of the money spent on energy saving projects, up to a MAXIMUM OF $1,500.00 as a tax credit on the following year's taxes. The $1,500.00 maximum is for the full 2 year period for which the stimulus is in effect. That is all. Nothing else from the Government, although customers can receive rebates from manufacturers. Those rebates are a few hundred dollars, and have nothing to do with the Federal government. They are absorbed by manufacturers and contractors, each of which provides 50% of each rebate as a cost of doing business.

    This is certainly orders of magnitude less than the lie you linked to.
    The fact remains that an inordinate amount of taxpayers cash is being wasted.
    How many extra jobs have been created by the HVAC company you work for?
    How many extra jobs have been created for doing work this program is supposed to be creating?
    What is the increase in sales as a result of this program?

  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    The fact remains that an inordinate amount of taxpayers cash is being wasted.
    How many extra jobs have been created by the HVAC company you work for?
    How many extra jobs have been created for doing work this program is supposed to be creating?
    What is the increase in sales as a result of this program?
    The facts are what the facts are, which I already stated. The maximum is $1,500.00 over a two year period for those homeowners who DO upgrade their homes. My point in why I posted what I did was to expose the lie that it is more than 50 grand per home. Please try to keep up, and not to attempt to obfuscate the fact that I exposed it for what it is. The thread topic was more than 50 grand per home. That is what I responded to. Don't try and change the subject. I caught you posting this lie, pure and simple.
    Last edited by danarhea; 02-18-10 at 09:07 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The facts are what the facts are, which I already stated. The maximum is $1,500.00 over a two year period for those homeowners who DO upgrade their homes. My point in why I posted what I did was to expose the lie that it is more than 50 grand per home. Please try to keep up, and not to attempt to obfuscate the fact that I exposed it for what it is. The thread topic was more than 50 grand per home. That is what I responded to. Don't try and change the subject. I caught you posting this lie, pure and simple.
    So what are you covering up here? A man that gets this nasty must have an issue.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,783

    Re: Obama's federal government can weatherize your home for only $57,362 each

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So what are you covering up here? A man that gets this nasty must have an issue.
    Typical conservative. Caught in a lie, blame the person who calls you on it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •