Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 250

Thread: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

  1. #191
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The problem with this emergency plan is that the money was infused into the economy late, and still hasn't been completely disbursed.
    That is exactly part of the problem. It was sold as emergency legislation that had to be passed immediately and yet what emergency is there that allows for the legislators to pass legislation without reading it and then not spending the money?

    There is no logic behind this other than the stimulus plan is doing exactly as Obama planned, building a slush fund for the re-election of Democrats in the Fall. It has done nothing to eliminate the 15 million unemployed and in fact has generated more "discouraged" workers who continue to drop out of the labor force.

    This is the liberal definition of success?

  2. #192
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    To some of us it has been clear since the first days in office that Obama had no clue what he was doing and he surrounded himself with other amateurs with no practical experience at any real world executive Management positions.

    He thought he could make things happen because he wanted them to. Unfortunately for the whole Nation he has done everything wrong and is continuing to try to spend his way out of a situation that requires fiscal restraint and lower taxes.

    Someone needs to remind Obama that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

    So far Obama is as crazy as they come and the Dims (no spell error) as a whole are just as nuts.

    Maybe they'll get a clue in Nov. how wrong they have been.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    How do you know if the country would not be in worse shape without Obamas policies? You don't. Many economists believed we would have gone into a depression. And we still might.
    I will stop blaming Bush when you acknowledge the fact that Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression.
    Cannot do that since Obama and the Democrats controlled Congress since January 2007. He inherited what he helped create.

  4. #194
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,104

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is frustrating dealing with people who haven't a clue. This is the Obama economy and only in the liberal world can you blame the previous President for results generated.

    Bush did not put this country into recession alone and got help from the Democrat Congress of which Obama was a member. Obama voted for all the spending that Bush did and then Obama bailed out GM/Chrysler and proposed and signed the 800 billion stimulus plan so don't give me the bs that he had nothing to do with the 2009 deficit.



    bea.gov says you are wrong. Interesting that the Democrats took over Congress in January 2007 and the recession began in December but the Congress had nothing to do with the recession.
    We have had some good and decent Republican presidents over the years. Unfortunately for all of us, Bush was not one of them. In fact, he was a disaster.[/QUOTE]

    It is too bad that you buy what you are told by the media. Historians will judge Bush a lot differently than you ever will. I would take Bush back in a heartbeat compared to Obama[/QUOTE]

    Yes it is very frustrating dealing with people that do not have a clue. Only a conservative (the people that talk personal responsibility, but never live it) would try to off load the mess of 2008 on the democrats in congress, or think that a president in office for 1 year could change an economy over night.

    The economy is a system not an event. It is very complex and very slow to respond. There is nothing anyone can do to have an immediate positive impact on an economy. There is generally a two year lag between actions and policies and real outcome. For this reason, presidents often get far too much credit and blame for current economic conditions.... though presidents that have been in office for awhile (two years or more) certainly have their fingerprints on an economy.

    Yes, you can improve leading indicators earlier than that, but not really change it. OTH, the elements of collapse were policies put into motion years ago.... not by a democratic congress that took "power" in 2007 (a discussion of how much power they really had, particularly over the budget, is another thread), anything they would have done... and they don't get things done very fast, and this congress did not get done much at all would have only nominal impact in the time allotted. The people responsible for the current mess were in power in the 2004 to 2007 time frame. It was a systemic problem: bad input years ago means bad output today.

    The deficit doubled during the Bush years, largely with the unique combination of waging wars and cutting taxes (never before done... do one or the other, please).... there are other problems, most were related to lack of regulation or regulatory enforcement, which Bush can only bear the blame of neglect there.... but to suggest the current government has much to do with the snapshot of the economy shows a lack of understanding of economics. That said, the current government has responsibility for it, and should be accountable to current indicators.

    Sorry, but the media did not tell me to bash Bush. In fact, I think the media has been deficient in their criticism of him. He was a very, very bad president. (Though I do actually give him credit for decisive and substantially correct response to the 2008 collapse), during his administration we created the idea of preemptive war, torture, wireless wiretaps, rendition (well, that has been going on, he just took it to a new level), mercenaries (see rendition), staffing the administration with foxes over the hen house (EPA, SEC, Interior... even Defense), he promised us Bin Laden, but never went after him... He was more interested in Iraq than Al Qaeda, and lied us into the CF of a war. He was a bad administrator, bad policy. He was arrogant and a intellectual lightweight. Though I think he was a good guy, he surrounded himself with some very bad people.

    Did I mention that I did like his faith-based initiative concept (though it was politicized rather than followed) and the medicare drug-plan, though it was screwed up in implementation.

    Sorry, I really doubt Bush will be remembered for too many positives.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 02-24-10 at 04:29 PM.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    upsideguy;1058583095]We have had some good and decent Republican presidents over the years. Unfortunately for all of us, Bush was not one of them. In fact, he was a disaster.
    The economy is a system not an event. It is very complex and very slow to respond. There is nothing anyone can do to have an immediate positive impact on an economy. There is generally a two year lag between actions and policies and real outcome. For this reason, presidents often get far too much credit and blame for current economic conditions.... though presidents that have been in office for awhile (two years or more) certainly have their fingerprints on an economy.

    Yes, you can improve leading indicators earlier than that, but not really change it. OTH, the elements of collapse were policies put into motion years ago.... not by a democratic congress that took "power" in 2007 (anything they would have done... and they don't get things done very fast, and this congress did not get done much at all, would have only nominal impact in the time allotted. The people responsible for the current mess were in power in the 2004 to 2007 time frame. It was a systemic problem: bad input years ago means bad output today.

    The deficit doubled during the Bush years, largely with the unique combination of waging wars and cutting taxes (never before done... do one or the other, please).... there are other problems, most were related to lack of regulation or regulatory enforcement, which Bush can only bear the blame of neglect there.... but to suggest the current government has much to do with the snapshot of the economy shows a lack of understanding of economics. That said, the current government has responsibility for it, and should be accountable to current indicators.

    Sorry, but the media did not tell me to bash Bush. In fact, I think the media has been deficient in their criticism of him. He was a very, very bad president. (Though I do actually give him credit for decisive and substantially correct response to the 2008 collapse), during his administration we created the idea of preemptive war, torture, wireless wiretaps, rendition (well, that has been going on, he just took it to a new level), mercenaries (see rendition), staffing the administration with foxes over the hen house (EPA, SEC, Interior... even Defense), he promised us Bin Laden, but never went after him... He was more interested in Iraq than Al Qaeda, and lied us into the CF of a war. He was a bad administrator, bad policy. He was arrogant and a intellectual lightweight. Though I think he was a good guy, he surrounded himself with some very bad people.

    Did I mention that I did like his faith-based initiative concept (though it was politicized rather than followed) and the medicare drug-plan, though it was screwed up in implementation.

    Sorry, I really doubt Bush will be remembered for too many positives.
    Why don't you think for a change instead of buying what are told and ignoring basic civics and economics.

    What the hell did the Democratic Congress do for the two years they were in control and had equal responsibility for the govt.? Do you understand equal branches of the govt?

    how did GW Bush hurt you or your family? What economic policy that he implemented hurt you?

    You want to ignore actual facts to buy the rhetoric. You want to blame Bush for the deficit yet Bush didn't sign the stimulus plan in February 2009 or the GM/Chrysler bailout? GW Bush didn't pass TARP by himself and Obama supported not only TARP but every spending bill Bush created.

    You want to blame Bush for torture, rendition, pre emptive wars but ignore the fact that we weren't attacked during the last 7 years of the Bush Administration and every action taken by our military was supported by the Judicial Dept. That isn't going to change the hatred you have for this country and our own freedoms.

    Now you can continue to make a fool out of yourself and hide behind your computer but the facts simply do not support your point of view.

    Obama is a disaster and trying to mold this country into a European socialist model that has been a failure. He has generated more debt in less than 2 years than Bush did in 8. His stimulus plan has not generated one additional dime in economic growth dollars to the govt. and has led to over 15 million unemployed individuals and more when you count the discouraged and others who have dropped out of the labor market and simply have given up looking.

    You are now part of the 6% that believe Obama stimulus has created jobs and you seem to be part of the Obama cult that ignores what he has done. Why don't you tell me what it is that Obama has done that has made this country safer and economically stronger?
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-24-10 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #196
    User Reno J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    03-10-10 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Yuk it up Conservatives and have a great time. What will happen in latter 2012 might just surprise you. Certainly you don't have any bright stars in your offstage assortment of perennial politicians.
    I am not always right, but I am never wrong either.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Reno J View Post
    Yuk it up Conservatives and have a great time. What will happen in latter 2012 might just surprise you. Certainly you don't have any bright stars in your offstage assortment of perennial politicians.
    What is it that Obama has done to make this country safer and economically stronger? Did you ever take a civics and economics class? It gives me no great sense of happiness to point out the obvious. In fact it makes me angry that people like you didn't pay any attention to who you were voting for.

    The direction this empty suit is taking the country is going to hold only the ideologues and he then could be beaten by just about anyone. The nation voted for a virtual unknown with a leftwing resume and the country is now paying the price for that vote. doubt they will make the same mistake again.

  8. #198
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is it that Obama has done to make this country safer and economically stronger? Did you ever take a civics and economics class? It gives me no great sense of happiness to point out the obvious. In fact it makes me angry that people like you didn't pay any attention to who you were voting for.

    The direction this empty suit is taking the country is going to hold only the ideologues and he then could be beaten by just about anyone. The nation voted for a virtual unknown with a leftwing resume and the country is now paying the price for that vote. doubt they will make the same mistake again.
    Sure we will..... we do just about once per generation, learn from that mistake, then do it again the next generation.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Sure we will..... we do just about once per generation, learn from that mistake, then do it again the next generation.
    You are correct. The election of Obama has many similarities to the election of Carter. Back then, the country was tired of the Nixon scandal and blamed Ford for pardoning him.

    Obama was elected by an angry electorate also and the country got the same incompetence as we did in 1976. Obama hasn't figured out that the president can't vote "present". He knows how to campaign, but not how to lead.

    I predict Obama and Carter will have at least one more thing in common.... one term.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #200
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You are correct. The election of Obama has many similarities to the election of Carter. Back then, the country was tired of the Nixon scandal and blamed Ford for pardoning him.

    .
    It wasn't just that. The economy was in horrible shape, inflation was out of control and we had just gone through the first Arab oil embargo. Carter inherited a mess, but not as big a mess as Obama.
    Do you people really believe a republican would be doing any better right now? After all they did get us into this recession.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •