Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 250

Thread: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

  1. #181
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Of course they did, but you make it sound like it was all Bush's doing..... it wasn't.

    Now Obama's budget... this administration owns that….. All $500,000,000,000 more than the 2009 budget.
    Yes he does.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #182
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, GW Bush did not sign a budget with the Stimulus funding in it or the GM/Chrysler bailout.

    By the way, the TARP bill wasn't in the budget either and he left 350 billion for Obama
    Bush had his own stimulus package in the spring of '08. Remember?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #183
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    This is funny, Bush led us over a cliff, and for facts to back this up you quote his 2009 budget which is $500,000,000,000 less than Obama's 2010 budget that is saving the country....

    I forgot to look, are you by chance a liberal?
    Liberal? Nope. More libertarian.
    To tell you the truth I wish Obama hadn't done anything to try to save the country. Then you guys would really be whining.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35543310

    pdated 12:54 p.m. CT, Tues., Feb. 23, 2010

    WASHINGTON - The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

    The package boosted the economy by up to 3.5 percent and lowered the unemployment rate by up to 2.1 percent during that period, CBO said.
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-23-10 at 08:46 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #184
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Bush had his own stimulus package in the spring of '08. Remember?
    Yes, and that had nothing to do with the fiscal year 2009 budget nor was it anywhere near 800 billion dollars. Congress wasn't about to give Bush anything as they wanted the WH. We are paying the consequences today for that Congressional inaction.

  5. #185
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and that had nothing to do with the fiscal year 2009 budget nor was it anywhere near 800 billion dollars. Congress wasn't about to give Bush anything as they wanted the WH. We are paying the consequences today for that Congressional inaction.
    Most of Obamas stimulus was in the form of tax credits and a lot of it hasn't been spent yet.
    I remember Bernanke saying he wasn't sure if Obamas stimulus package was big enough to make a difference.

    pdated 12:54 p.m. CT, Tues., Feb. 23, 2010

    WASHINGTON - The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

    The package boosted the economy by up to 3.5 percent and lowered the unemployment rate by up to 2.1 percent during that period, CBO said.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #186
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    USA-1;1058581412]Most of Obamas stimulus was in the form of tax credits and a lot of it hasn't been spent yet.
    I remember Bernanke saying he wasn't sure if Obamas stimulus package was big enough to make a difference.

    pdated 12:54 p.m. CT, Tues., Feb. 23, 2010

    WASHINGTON - The massive stimulus package passed last year to blunt the impact of the worst U.S. recession in 70 years created up to 2.1 million jobs in the last three months of 2009, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office said Tuesday.

    The package boosted the economy by up to 3.5 percent and lowered the unemployment rate by up to 2.1 percent during that period, CBO said.
    LOL, ok, then what is the purpose of a stimulus plan that had to be signed before any Congressional Representative could read it?

    as for creating jobs, tell that to the 15 million unemployment Americans and the millions more that have dropped out of the labor market. you call that a success?

    As for economic growth find out where that growth occurred and then you will see it wasn't real growth at all. It is all a mirage that fools people like you.

  7. #187
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, ok, then what is the purpose of a stimulus plan that had to be signed before any Congressional Representative could read it?

    as for creating jobs, tell that to the 15 million unemployment Americans and the millions more that have dropped out of the labor market. you call that a success?

    As for economic growth find out where that growth occurred and then you will see it wasn't real growth at all. It is all a mirage that fools people like you.
    I really don't know if the stimulus was a success or failure. No one does, for we don't know what shape the economy would be in had nothing been done.
    It's too bad the economy was in such bad shape that a stimulus was needed and recommended by the FED in the first place. A new president should not have to deal with a crisis like that the first days of his presidency.

    You spout off your party spin, but you really don't know if things would be worse had no stimulus been implemented.

    The growth may be a mirage just like the growth of Bush's terms that was created with debt.
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-24-10 at 10:21 AM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #188
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    I really don't know if the stimulus was a success or failure. No one does, for we don't know what shape the economy would be in had nothing been done.
    It's too bad the economy was in such bad shape that a stimulus was needed and recommended by the FED in the first place. A new president should not have to deal with a crisis like that the first days of his presidency.

    You spout off your party spin, but you really don't know if things would be worse had no stimulus been implemented.

    The growth may be a mirage just like the growth of Bush's terms that was created with debt.
    Seems that far too many people ignore the purpose of a stimulus plan and the way it was sold to the American people. I see that a lot with programs from both sides.

    The fact is the Stimulus Plan was sold as emergency legislation that had to be passed immediately to keep unemployment at 8%. No Congress person read the entire bill and as of today billions haven't been spent. It was supposed to go for shovel ready jobs and yet it has turned out to be a slush fund for the President and the Democratic Party.

    I have no party spin but I do know a POS legislation when I see it. The party spin is coming from Democrats who ignore the purpose of any stimulus program to defend this POS that has done nothing to prevent people from dropping out of the labor market and to employ the 15 million reported Americans unemployed.

    Only in the liberal world is it ok to spend 800 billion plus dollars to stimulate spending to Democratic Constituent groups and ignore the affects Obama and the Democratic Congress had in creating the economic problems we have today.

    Nothing is going to change your mind including facts, logic, and common sense.

    Please explain to me how we have three equal branches of govt. as created by our Constitution yet only the President gets blame for the economic problems and the deficits?

    Please explain to me how Obama can vote for all the spending in 2009 but not be responsible for it?

    Please explain for me how Obama can spend time in the U.S. Senate, vote for all legislation, be able to submit legislation yet "inherited" the economy we have?

    My point is stop placing all the blame on Bush and recognize it is the Obama economy and he has spent billions and the results are minimal at best.

  9. #189
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seems that far too many people ignore the purpose of a stimulus plan and the way it was sold to the American people. I see that a lot with programs from both sides.

    The fact is the Stimulus Plan was sold as emergency legislation that had to be passed immediately to keep unemployment at 8%. No Congress person read the entire bill and as of today billions haven't been spent. It was supposed to go for shovel ready jobs and yet it has turned out to be a slush fund for the President and the Democratic Party.

    I have no party spin but I do know a POS legislation when I see it. The party spin is coming from Democrats who ignore the purpose of any stimulus program to defend this POS that has done nothing to prevent people from dropping out of the labor market and to employ the 15 million reported Americans unemployed.

    Only in the liberal world is it ok to spend 800 billion plus dollars to stimulate spending to Democratic Constituent groups and ignore the affects Obama and the Democratic Congress had in creating the economic problems we have today.

    Nothing is going to change your mind including facts, logic, and common sense.

    Please explain to me how we have three equal branches of govt. as created by our Constitution yet only the President gets blame for the economic problems and the deficits?

    Please explain to me how Obama can vote for all the spending in 2009 but not be responsible for it?

    Please explain for me how Obama can spend time in the U.S. Senate, vote for all legislation, be able to submit legislation yet "inherited" the economy we have?

    My point is stop placing all the blame on Bush and recognize it is the Obama economy and he has spent billions and the results are minimal at best.
    The problem with this emergency plan is that the money was infused into the economy late, and still hasn't been completely disbursed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #190
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    My point is stop placing all the blame on Bush and recognize it is the Obama economy and he has spent billions and the results are minimal at best.
    How do you know if the country would not be in worse shape without Obamas policies? You don't. Many economists believed we would have gone into a depression. And we still might.
    I will stop blaming Bush when you acknowledge the fact that Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •