Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 250

Thread: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

  1. #151
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    It isn't that easy to get a amendment through.........

    I don't vote Republicans I vote against Liberal democrats........
    Do you vote against liberal Republicans as well?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #152
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Only 44% say they would vote Obama in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    This November will be a clear indicator.
    Just as 1994 spelled the doom of Clinton.

    The 2012 election is almost three years away. Obama's low ratings are due to the economy (which surely will be different in 2012) and the fact he is bogged down in healthcare reform. He solves the latter and should the economy recovery be in full swing, which it should be, Obama will cruise to a big win in 2012. If, of course, the status quo exists, I might even vote the other way.

    The election of 2012 will be dependent largely on issues and circumstances that are different than those of today. Anyone that takes too much stock in this particular poll either is politically naive or hopeless optimistic (or pessimistic, if that is your leaning)

    Silly poll. Move on.

  3. #153
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, I will concede that the Bush Administration with the help of Congress including a Democrat Controlled Congress the last two years of his Administration spent too much money but I will not buy the statement that his Adminstration was a disaster.

    We have 46 straight months of strong economic growth. We had to pay for 9/11 which many seem to forget happened. We also had three major hurricanes which had to be paid for.

    The non partisan facts seem to refute the claim of a disaster. What we have now is a disaster in the WH, someone who has taken Bush spending and put it on steroids. As was pointed out by someone else here, the deficit the first 6 years of the Bush Administration excuding the 9/11 expense pales in comparison to the expenses of a Democrat Controlled Congress and the expenses now being generated by this President and by the liberal Congress.

    By current standards the Bush Administration was a rousing success.
    Bush cut taxes and waged two simultaneous wars, one of which was completely elective. This was a unique combination was never before attempted; a feat that makes the olympic half pipe look like child's play.

    In doing so, he more than doubled the national debt. The current deficit is not anything Obama created, but is pretty similar to the deficit in the last Bush budget, adjusted for projected revenue shortfalls from the recession.

    As to 46 months of good economic trend, well that clearly was a mirage. As evidence by the economic collapse of 2008, our apparent prosperity was just living large on credit, not on economic substance.

    We have had some good and decent Republican presidents over the years. Unfortunately for all of us, Bush was not one of them. In fact, he was a disaster.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    upsideguy;1058579785]Bush cut taxes and waged two simultaneous wars, one of which was completely elective. This was a unique combination was never before attempted; a feat that makes the olympic half pipe look like child's play

    In doing so, he more than doubled the national debt. The current deficit is not anything Obama created, but is pretty similar to the deficit in the last Bush budget, adjusted for projected revenue shortfalls from the recession..
    It is frustrating dealing with people who haven't a clue. This is the Obama economy and only in the liberal world can you blame the previous President for results generated.

    Bush did not put this country into recession alone and got help from the Democrat Congress of which Obama was a member. Obama voted for all the spending that Bush did and then Obama bailed out GM/Chrysler and proposed and signed the 800 billion stimulus plan so don't give me the bs that he had nothing to do with the 2009 deficit.

    As to 46 months of good economic trend, well that clearly was a mirage. As evidence by the economic collapse of 2008, our apparent prosperity was just living large on credit, not on economic substance.
    bea.gov says you are wrong. Interesting that the Democrats took over Congress in January 2007 and the recession began in December but the Congress had nothing to do with the recession.

    [/QUOTE]We have had some good and decent Republican presidents over the years. Unfortunately for all of us, Bush was not one of them. In fact, he was a disaster.[/QUOTE]

    It is too bad that you buy what you are told by the media. Historians will judge Bush a lot differently than you ever will. I would take Bush back in a heartbeat compared to Obama

  5. #155
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Do you vote against liberal Republicans as well?
    I would if there was a worthy Conservative running against them but unfortunately that is not possible in the Democratic Party......There are no true Conservatives there.......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #156
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I would if there was a worthy Conservative running against them but unfortunately that is not possible in the Democratic Party......There are no true Conservatives there.......
    The only real conservatives left now are not Republicans, nor Democrats. They re Libertarians.

    Why not support the real conservative party?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #157
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The only real conservatives left now are not Republicans, nor Democrats. They re Libertarians.

    Why not support the real conservative party?
    Because 43% of the people in this country are idiots and would vote for a Democrat simply because of the D after the name. Another 26% or so would vote Republican with the rest someone else. Mathematically it makes no sense to vote for someone who only splits the vote and thus assures a Democrat is elected.

    The tea party movement is taking the Republican Party with it and is that is the only chance of winning this fall and in 2012

  8. #158
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because 43% of the people in this country are idiots and would vote for a Democrat simply because of the D after the name. Another 26% or so would vote Republican with the rest someone else. Mathematically it makes no sense to vote for someone who only splits the vote and thus assures a Democrat is elected.

    The tea party movement is taking the Republican Party with it and is that is the only chance of winning this fall and in 2012
    The Libertarians have no chance of winning because no one will vote for them because they have no chance of winning.

    That about sums it up, doesn't it?

    But, how often have we wished that there were a "none of he above" choice on the ballot? The third party candidates are that choice. Not only that, but the Libertarian choice is also a way of saying that the government has gotten too big, too intrusive, too expensive.

    And, if enough people start voting for none of the above, we just might get a viable third party going.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #159
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The Libertarians have no chance of winning because no one will vote for them because they have no chance of winning.

    That about sums it up, doesn't it?

    But, how often have we wished that there were a "none of he above" choice on the ballot? The third party candidates are that choice. Not only that, but the Libertarian choice is also a way of saying that the government has gotten too big, too intrusive, too expensive.

    And, if enough people start voting for none of the above, we just might get a viable third party going.
    I will not vote democrat or republican again. Those two parties have done irreparable damage to this country. It really is a time for change.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #160
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: CNN poll: 52% say Obama doesn't deserve reelection in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    I will not vote democrat or republican again. Those two parties have done irreparable damage to this country. It really is a time for change.
    Yes, it is time for a change, a real one.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •