Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

  1. #21
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Like I said before you can say that now but if you were in the actual situation you might change your mind.......

    The will to live is very strong..........
    I don't think so. But if that is so, I want to make this decision while I am of sound mind, not when some will to live takes over my intellect. Unplug me.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  2. #22
    Educator Alvin T. Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Last Seen
    10-08-10 @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    839

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    If he's answering questions. He's not in a vegitative state.

  3. #23
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    I hope you never have to deal with this type of choice, Navy, because both options suck worse than you can possibly imagine.

    Even if you chose life, hoping that the impossible can occur, that decision can haunt you for the rest of your life because while the body may survive, the person doesn't always make it.

    The person I take care of daily is not my father. He died four years ago. The child-like doppelganger that has replaced him is barely even a shell of his former self.

    I know that if I could, even for one moment, talk to the man that was my father, he'd prefer to be dead than to be what he is today.

    But this child-like doppelganger that has replaced him doesn't have the same intelligence or personality that he had and, by some miracle, it's happy as it is.

    That's the only thing that keeps me going. The fact that the doppelganger is happy in this state. Because I know my father would beg us to kill him, and I don't think I could handle that emotionally or spiritually.

    So I hope that the people who use these terrible events to start bull**** partisan threads never have to face these situations. Because as much as it disgusts me personally to see these things politicized by people who are clueless about the realities of TBI, I wouldn't wish the life I live on anyone, not even my worst enemy.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 02-09-10 at 03:48 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #24
    Educator idk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    various spots across the country
    Last Seen
    09-18-15 @ 05:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    688

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I hope you never have to deal with this type of choice, Navy, because both options suck worse than you can possibly imagine.

    Even if you chose life, hoping that the impossible can occur, that decision can haunt you for the rest of your life because while the body may survive, the person doesn't always make it.
    Navy lives in a black and white world. In such a reality, complex choices are watered down, oversimplified, and decisions are easy. He wouldn't live with any regret.

  5. #25
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Navy lives in a black and white world. In such a reality, complex choices are watered down, oversimplified, and decisions are easy. He wouldn't live with any regret.
    Well I hope he never has to face the reality, because nothing lets you know that the world isn't black and white quite like living with someone who suffers from severe TBI.

    Especially when that person was your childhood hero.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #26
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Who did he think would win the superbowl?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I don't think so. But if that is so, I want to make this decision while I am of sound mind, not when some will to live takes over my intellect. Unplug me.
    Big brave tough guy until the situation actually faces him...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #28
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Well I hope he never has to face the reality, because nothing lets you know that the world isn't black and white quite like living with someone who suffers from severe TBI.

    Especially when that person was your childhood hero.
    You got that right.....I would hope I would choose life but I don't know for sure how I would feel if it was me.....Unlike these brave lefties who say pull the plug..........Its easy to say........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #29
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You got that right.....I would hope I would choose life but I don't know for sure how I would feel if it was me.....Unlike these brave lefties who say pull the plug..........Its easy to say........
    It's actually easier to say you'll choose life than to live with that choice.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #30
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: 'Vegetative state' man responds to questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Big brave tough guy until the situation actually faces him...........


    So I'll change my mind when I'm in a coma? Why does that matter, I'll be in a coma. I conceded your point and I still get called out for it? If the situation comes up I'll deal with it, I can't prove to you what I will do in the future nor did I make any claim that I wouldn't change my mind in a moment of weakness. Stop trolling.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •