Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 119

Thread: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

  1. #61
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Why do liberals hate the rich?

    It seems very strange because the poor want to be rich too. If a poor person becomes rich, does he then becomes the enemy?

  2. #62
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,100

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    In order for liberal Democrats to become elected and stay in power, we have to remain poor.

    Being poor means being dependent.

    Liberal Democrats like to make sure you stay dependent. Welfare is not a gift, nor was it meant to help you. It was meant to keep you in chains.

  3. #63
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    there is a point here, remember dan quail potato thing? how was he treated in the msm, vs, the obama?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #64
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    there is a point here, remember dan quail potato thing? how was he treated in the msm, vs, the obama?
    Hellhound, not everyone has been in the military. If Obama had been in the military and mispronounced it, that would be one thing. However, all english speaking people know what a potato is (if they are at least 3) and how to spell it (if they are at least 4). This is hardly the same. Heck, I didn't know that word existed until this thread got started.

  5. #65
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    there is a point here, remember dan quail potato thing? how was he treated in the msm, vs, the obama?
    You're forgetting that most us didn't give a damn that the Vice President spelled potato with an -e- on the end. He misspelled a word and the anti-Bush/anti-Qualye people jumped all over it they way they do everything.

    This tit-for-tat political sniping is part of the problem. And I'm not blaming you, but the whole thing is silly and a waste of time. There are so many more important issues and instead everyone jumps on the President mispronouncing a word. Then his supporters have to jump in and blah blah blah, away we go.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  6. #66
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Hellhound, not everyone has been in the military. If Obama had been in the military and mispronounced it, that would be one thing. However, all english speaking people know what a potato is (if they are at least 3) and how to spell it (if they are at least 4). This is hardly the same. Heck, I didn't know that word existed until this thread got started.



    You would think the "Commander in Chief" might have been "briefed".....



    seriously its a non issue, you don't need silly excuses for him......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #67
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    You're forgetting that most us didn't give a damn that the Vice President spelled potato with an -e- on the end. He misspelled a word and the anti-Bush/anti-Qualye people jumped all over it they way they do everything.

    This tit-for-tat political sniping is part of the problem. And I'm not blaming you, but the whole thing is silly and a waste of time. There are so many more important issues and instead everyone jumps on the President mispronouncing a word. Then his supporters have to jump in and blah blah blah, away we go.




    I think its very silly.... I just remember in the msm, the play of the gaffes, seem to highlight right wingers far more than lefties..... even to this day....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #68
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You would think the "Commander in Chief" might have been "briefed".....
    seriously its a non issue, you don't need silly excuses for him......
    I can see how this would have been easily glossed over in any briefing, since you are right it is such a small thing.

    I am not making excuses for anyone as much as pointing out the difference between Obama's mistake and Quayle's, which is something you brought up. The simple fact is that potato is a much more commonly used word than corpsemen (which sounds like a great alternative word for zombies ) so the issue is not as straight forward as you want it to be.

    Really, I think Winnb is right. There are people who hate the current president and want to make an issue out of anything they can (and it happens on both sides).

  9. #69
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    this is not breaking news.
    It would be if it were Bush, wouldn't it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: VIDEO: Obama Mispronounces "Corpsman" At Prayer Breakfast

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    No, you're not "just sayin". This is a perfect example of hyper-partisan nitpicking. It's typical of people who cannot debate topics or provide any meaningful insight into anything on a message board.

    I watched people do the exact same thing to Bush for 8 years. It was childish and silly then, it's childish and silly now.
    I say suck it up. We put up with this **** on a daily basis during Bush's 8 years. It went on day after day after day. So stop the whining.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •