Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 236

Thread: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

  1. #81
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    Why would serving in a military where gay people EXIST violate anyone's morals and integrity? It's not like they have to BE gay in order to serve or act in any way that is either immoral or lacking in integrity in any way. In fact, we know there are gay people in the military and always have been.

    The whole point of the new policy, as its being developed, is to concentrate on behavior rather than identity. Sexual behavior between same-sex partners will be just as against regulations as is heterosexual conduct.

    This talk of morals and integrity is BOGUS. It smacks of the Westboro Baptists, who condemn military people for even serving a country that condones homosexuality.
    Read the thread please......


    THe new policy has not been set yet.............That is why it will take a year to get it firmed..........
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 02-09-10 at 05:08 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #82
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    This should be fun. After all this doomsday prophesy, I wonder what the ultra cons are gonna say when none of these problems come to fruition.

  3. #83
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Read the thread please......


    THe new policy has not been set yet.............That is why it will take a year to get it firmed..........
    I'm quite aware of how the policy is taking shape, and it is just as I've suggested. No one is interested in making sexual conduct more rampant.

    And I've read other threads too. I think sleeping with another mans wife while he's away on ship (and then bragging about it on an internet forum) isn't exactly moral or a demonstration of integrity.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    I'm quite aware of how the policy is taking shape, and it is just as I've suggested. No one is interested in making sexual conduct more rampant.

    And I've read other threads too. I think sleeping with another mans wife while he's away on ship (and then bragging about it on an internet forum) isn't exactly moral or a demonstration of integrity.
    Most of us do foolish things when they are young..Its called sowing oats..........I guess you probably didn't do that unless your still a kid..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #85
    Advisor Rassales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 02:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    564

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Most of us do foolish things when they are young..Its called sowing oats..........I guess you probably didn't do that unless your still a kid..............
    I don't talk about other people's morality and integrity unless they bring it up--that's their business. On the other hand, no one will quit the service over repealing DADT because of morality or integrity. The new policy is unlikely to steal either from anyone.

  6. #86
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Most of us do foolish things when they are young..Its called sowing oats..........I guess you probably didn't do that unless your still a kid..............
    "Sowing oats" is a generic way to say "Committing adultry" right?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #87
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    "Sowing oats" is a generic way to say "Committing adultry" right?
    Or "fornication".
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #88
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    I don't talk about other people's morality and integrity unless they bring it up--that's their business. On the other hand, no one will quit the service over repealing DADT because of morality or integrity. The new policy is unlikely to steal either from anyone.
    If and when DADT is repealed we will see..............I can't speak for the other services but senioe enlisted people will leave in the Navy at least that is what they tell me........I don't think it will be repealed any time in the near future so you won't have to worry about that..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #89
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    "Sowing oats" is a generic way to say "Committing adultry" right?
    You have way to much time on your hands DD....ever think of getting a hobby?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #90
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,127

    Re: Repeal of 'Don't ask, don't tell' to trigger draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If and when DADT is repealed we will see..............I can't speak for the other services but senioe enlisted people will leave in the Navy at least that is what they tell me........I don't think it will be repealed any time in the near future so you won't have to worry about that..........
    Wishful thinking. You better stake your claim on November elections, because if the Repoopicans don't retake Congress, then a repeal of DADT will be attached to the next defense spending bill and that will be all she wrote.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •