Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 199

Thread: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

  1. #131
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I have never been a fan of the ivy league. I see those schools as havens for elitest asshats.
    If we're talking law school, even state schools have asshats. I was shocked at how much law school students bragged. It was annoying and pathetic.

  2. #132
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Someone with "class" doesn't purposely misrepresent a Supreme Court case in a SOTUA to score political points, while they're sitting right there and are "expected" just to sit there and take it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #133
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I am merely disgusted. He has to defend himself? Did Obama call him a name? Justice Roberts remained stonefaced, which is what someone with class does.
    The most powerful singular figure in all of America in his biggest speech of the year just stated a bold face lie to the entire nation in the process of accusing the Supreme Court of selling out the country.

    I'd say that's a bit worse than if he called Alito a jerk.

    I'd hardly call a singular whisper to someone near by in disagreement with the President is a sign the man can't "control his emotions"

  4. #134
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I really have no political agenda.
    No, you have no definable political persuasion of party. You're one of the only people I've ever been able to say that about.

    But you sure as hell have a political agenda.

  5. #135
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The most powerful singular figure in all of America in his biggest speech of the year just stated a bold face lie to the entire nation in the process of accusing the Supreme Court of selling out the country.

    I'd say that's a bit worse than if he called Alito a jerk.

    I'd hardly call a singular whisper to someone near by in disagreement with the President is a sign the man can't "control his emotions"
    How Aps got the idea that this is a display of loss of emotional control is a flight in fantasy you will need some sturdy wings to undertake.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzP_s-Ynr0M"]YouTube- Justice Alito Says "Not True" During State Of The Union[/ame]

    I guess this is Ried failing to control his emotions too......

  6. #136
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Someone with "class" doesn't purposely misrepresent a Supreme Court case in a SOTUA to score political points, while they're sitting right there and are "expected" just to sit there and take it.
    If I was Alito I probably would have just given him the finger. It's not like he has any election he has to look to.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    If we're talking law school, even state schools have asshats. I was shocked at how much law school students bragged. It was annoying and pathetic.
    Yeah ... that is a good point. Some of them are downright arrogant.

    Sheesh!

    The scariest part of it is that they don't change after they graduate.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Yikes. If Alito mouthed that, he has a complete lack of decorum. Shame on HIM--not Obama.
    Yes, don't place any blame on the man who told the lie, complain about the man he's lying about.

    Standard leftist doctrine, that.

  9. #139
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Someone with "class" doesn't purposely misrepresent a Supreme Court case in a SOTUA to score political points, while they're sitting right there and are "expected" just to sit there and take it.
    And yet justice Stevens and three others said basically the same thing Obama did. Did he misrepresent?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #140
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Justice Alito mouths 'not true'

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Yes, don't place any blame on the man who told the lie, complain about the man he's lying about.

    Standard leftist doctrine, that.
    The left won't see or listen to any proof that Barry was flat out, bald faced lying..... it has to be something else, so shame on Justice Alito.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •