Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #821
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yup, and I find it exceedingly ironic that Texas (the state that threatened to secede) used a larger share of the stimulus to fund their structural deficit than any other state in the union!
    It's also ironic that Texas has been running deficits for at least four years without its rainy day fund. It's pretty clear Conservative has no understanding of finance, accounting or basic math. He's little more then a Republican propaganda machine. Apparently calling me a liberal means that his own state comptroller is wrong about her predictions of a large state deficit.

    And I don't blame Governor Perry for taking the money. Unlike Conservative, he actually has something to take care of. Some of us actually have jobs. There's a reason there's a 9+ hour gap of where I don't post. It's called a job.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #822
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Nice fallacy. The issue here is your complete failure to get any facts correct.



    O'rly?

    If you don't want me to call you a liar, stop lying.

    Notice this post where I directly addressed your alleged quotes:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058579677

    Or this one for that matter:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058579752

    The fact that you quoted me here:http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058580129

    In that post where I addressed and showed how her quote was out of date shows you in fact saw me address her quotes. Therefore you know that I did not ignore the quote you posted

    Accusing me of ignoring her quote after you quoted a post of mine addressing her quote makes you a liar.



    Seriously? You acknowledge my post where I addressed that quote and accuse me of ignoring her quote? Do you even read what you write before you post?

    And yes, you did totally screw up the gender.



    Said the one who thinks Texas has a surplus despite the Comptroller this month stating that a $11 billion deficit is not unreasonable.

    Apparently you think a year old statement is more valid then a statement made this month about the current fiscal budgetary gap Texas faces.

    Navy pride took years for people to consider him a joke. You're doing it in a few months.



    What is more amusing is your complete failure on everything.

    Still not admitting your bat**** argument about the rainy day fund is wrong eh?
    OC, stop acting like a child and grow up. A gap if not closed becomes an official budget deficit which is in violation of the TX Constitution. You haven't a clue what you are talking about but it doesn't stop you from talking. You are indeed a legend in your own mind.

    I brought up TX in this thread because it is faring better than most every state in the country because of the pro business, pro growth economic policy it has. You could learn something from this state but instead choose to ignore what is actually going on in this state. Businesses are moving to this state, there is population growth in this state, and instead of learning from this state, you and others continue to want to attack it and anyone else that promotes it.
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-25-10 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling

  3. #823
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It's also ironic that Texas has been running deficits for at least four years without its rainy day fund. It's pretty clear Conservative has no understanding of finance, accounting or basic math. He's little more then a Republican propaganda machine. Apparently calling me a liberal means that his own state comptroller is wrong about her predictions of a large state deficit.

    And I don't blame Governor Perry for taking the money. Unlike Conservative, he actually has something to take care of. Some of us actually have jobs. There's a reason there's a 9+ hour gap of where I don't post. It's called a job.
    LOL, talk about speculation, you mean like calling me a kid? Now I don't have a job and have a poor financial understanding? Now that is funny but rather than give you my resume, I, like many others here who ignore you, will just continue to laugh at you.

    Interesting that we are in the midst of an election in TX and Perry has been running ads about a surplus and none of his opponents have countered that claim. Hmmm, wonder why? Could it be that there is a budget surplus in the state? Naw, that can't be right because OC says there isn't one and because a budget gap is called an end of the year budget deficit which of course it isn't.

    TX had a shortfall as it is being hurt by the Obama economy but that shortfall(gap) was covered before the books were closed for the end of the biennium. TX used stimulus money instead of the "rainy day" fund which it continues to hold in reserve. I suggest you find out the definition of a rainy day fund and just a hint, it has nothing to do with the weather.

    There is a whole different thread regarding Republican Hypocrisy that covers the stimulus money but this is way off base as to the topic of this thread.

    I brought up TX because it is a state that has a Republican Governor, two Republican Senators, a Republican legislature, and one that voted by over 1 million votes against Obama. TX got it right in the last election and is getting it right today. It is faring better than most of the other states in the nation and better than all of the larger states in the nation without a state income tax. Maybe Obama ought to find out why?

  4. #824
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yup, and I find it exceedingly ironic that Texas (the state that threatened to secede) used a larger share of the stimulus to fund their structural deficit than any other state in the union!
    I find it exceedingly ironic that you continue to cheerlead OC and never get the actual facts regarding the comments about succession. Why don't you find out where the stimulus funds went and what they covered?

    Instead of bashing the state why don't you find out what the state is doing well and copy it for your state? Why don't you find out why the State of TX is able to do what other states cannot do without a state income tax? Why don't you find out why businesses are moving to TX, doctors are relocating to TX, and the population is growing in TX instead of attacking me over pointing out the successes in TX?

  5. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Texas has the distinction of having the city with the highest health care costs in the country. Go texas.

    McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker

  6. #826
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Texas has the distinction of having the city with the highest health care costs in the country. Go texas.

    McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker
    LOL, do you live in McAllen? How does McAllen affect the rest of the state? Do you realize that Medicare, a Govt. run program, is part of that cost?

    I have been through this over and over on the Healthcare thread, suggest you go there and get the answers to the question.

    Keep attacking TX while your state continues to decline.

  7. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, do you live in McAllen? How does McAllen affect the rest of the state? Do you realize that Medicare, a Govt. run program, is part of that cost?

    I have been through this over and over on the Healthcare thread, suggest you go there and get the answers to the question.

    Keep attacking TX while your state continues to decline.
    Why not? Texans keep on attacking the US.

  8. #828
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Texas has the distinction of having the city with the highest health care costs in the country. Go texas.

    McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker
    Liberal, tell me why you have such support for what Obama is doing and thus divert to an issue that doesn't affect you or most of the country at all?

    Instead of addressing the failures of this Administration you and your ilk claim he inherited a mess when the reality is he helped create the mess while being a Senator in Congress. Since taking office he has made the mess worse by surrounding himself with leftwing socialist economists who want to convert this country to a European style socialist economy which abandons the basic foundation upon which our economy was built.

    This country has a job crisis right now so what is "your" President doing? Trying to implement healthcare instead of pursuing a free enterprise, capalitistic solution to the problems of our economy.

    Unbelievable!! Cult followers of Obama sure are passionate in the face of the empty rhetoric coming out of "their" President.

  9. #829
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Why not? Texans keep on attacking the US.
    What? TX isn't attacking the U.S. TX should be a model for the rest of the nation instead of people like you attacking it.

    I am NOT from TX but moved here 18 years ago. I still travel back to the midwest to visit family. The morale and attitude in the Midwest is one of gloom and doom. You don't find that in TX.

    TX isn't utopia but it sure is much, much better than the rest of the nation. Instead of demonizing TX it would be more positive to find out what TX is doing right and duplicate it. That isn't the liberal way, is it?

  10. #830
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What? TX isn't attacking the U.S. TX should be a model for the rest of the nation instead of people like you attacking it.

    I am NOT from TX but moved here 18 years ago. I still travel back to the midwest to visit family. The morale and attitude in the Midwest is one of gloom and doom. You don't find that in TX.

    TX isn't utopia but it sure is much, much better than the rest of the nation. Instead of demonizing TX it would be more positive to find out what TX is doing right and duplicate it. That isn't the liberal way, is it?
    That's because most texans stay stoned on beer most of the time.

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •