Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #811
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It seems the unemployed is worse than Obama is telling you.


    Underemployed Report Spending 36% Less Than Employed

    Gallup's daily measure of U.S. employment reveals that 19.9% of the U.S. workforce was underemployed during the month of January, translating to close to 30 million Americans who are working less than their desired capacity. Those who were underemployed reported spending 36% less than those who were employed, $48 per day versus $75 per day.

    Average Daily Spending Among Employed and Underemployed, January 2010

    These results are based on January interviews with more than 20,000 adults in the U.S. workforce, aged 18 and older. Gallup classifies respondents as "employed" if they are employed full time or are employed part time but do not want to work full time. Gallup classifies respondents as "underemployed" if they are employed part time but want to work full time or are unemployed.

    "The underemployed are less likely than the employed to say they are able to make a major purchase, such as a car or home repair, if needed."

    As unemployment rates remain high, reduced spending by millions of underemployed Americans has obvious implications for economic recovery. Spending is, however, just one of many ways underemployment costs the U.S. and hurts its workforce. Gallup's employment measure also reveals further disparities between the employed and the underemployed on vital indicators such as attitudes toward money, access to healthcare, demographics, and wellbeing.
    Hope and Change we can believe in!!

  2. #812
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It does seem that the people in TX disagree with you. First they voted for McCain as Obama lost the state by over a million votes. Second Perry has a 20 point lead in some polls of KBH. Third TX does have a budget surplus as proven by actual results.

    Now instead of hating success, why don't you embrace it and find out what TX is doing that the rest of the nation isn't? The Stimulus fund was passed, Perry turned down the money but the Legislature overruled him. Regardless if the money is being spent why not in TX. Think that money was going back to the Treasury?

    Now you want to address the charges by Sen. Hutchinson that Perry, "We now learn that Texas used a higher percentage of federal money some $12.1 billion to close its structural deficit than any other state. This is how our state budget was balanced."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #813
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    US Jan mass layoffs edge up on weak manufacturing | Reuters


    The Labor Department said the number of mass layoff actions -- defined as job cuts involving at least 50 people from a single employer -- increased by 35 to 1,761. Mass layoffs had trended lower since August.

    A total of 182,261 workers were affected last month. In January, 486 mass layoff events were reported in manufacturing, resulting in 62,556 workers filing claims for state unemployment benefits. It was the first increase in mass layoffs in manufacturing since August.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Now you want to address the charges by Sen. Hutchinson that Perry, "We now learn that Texas used a higher percentage of federal money – some $12.1 billion — to close its structural deficit than any other state. This is how our state budget was balanced."
    Don't know that to be true nor does it matter. What matters is the state of the TX economy vs. the U.S. Economy or even the economy in your state. What matters is what the people of TX think and how we live here. By the way can you explain to me or anyone else how a stimulus plan signed in February got to the State of TX so quickly if indeed it did?

    You seem to have a problem and want to spread your liberal misery equally to everyone else.

    The State Govt. of TX stands behind its claim of a budget surplus and who are you or anyone else to question it, also why do you care since obviously you have little respect for TX regardless of the economic conditions here.

    Seems to me that you are more concerned about proving me wrong than doing what is right for the American economy. To deny that the TX economy is in better shape that almost every state in the country just shows how naive, gullible, and misinformed you are. TX got it right in the last election and continues to do what is right now.
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-23-10 at 10:24 PM.

  5. #815
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    OC, you are indeed a legend in your own mind. The people of TX are going to decide who is right or wrong, not you and right now Perry has a 20 point lead in the Primary over KBH, voted by over a million votes against Obama and are faring better than most states in the Union during this Obama recession.
    And that's relevant to what I'm talking about how?

    Now you can continue to play your games with words and websites but what really matters is how the people feel. You want to spread your misery equally to everyone else and the people of TX don't want any of what you are selling.
    Again, that's relevant to what I'm talking about how?

    I see you posted nothing to dispute the numbers or anything else I've said.

    It is a waste of time even discussing anything with you since facts don't matter.
    Like how Susan Combs is a woman despite you calling her a man?

    Or the fact that she called a $11 billion state deficit "reasonable?"

    Or how about the fact the very link you posted shows Texas having a $3.5 billion state deficit prior to budget adoption?

    You also haven't a clue how to read the report I sent you from the Center of Budget Priorities.
    Then quote where it says Texas has a surplus.

    If you can. Which you won't. Because you can't.

    There goes Conservative. Impervious to facts. Even facts from his own linked sources.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #816
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The State Govt. of TX stands behind its claim of a budget surplus and who are you or anyone else to question it
    Well, your REPUBLICAN FEMALE COMPTROLLER suggests otherwise. Unless you can't tell the difference between 2008-2009 fiscal year from 2009-2010 fiscal year.

    Seems to me that you are more concerned about proving me wrong than doing what is right for the American economy.
    Actually, we are more interested in getting a few laughs at your expense. Your inability to refute anything anyone here has said, not to mention your lack of maturity in admitting you are wrong on a wide variety of subjects, including calling an obviously female comptroller a "HE" is pretty funny.

    Still haven't figured out prior year taxes unrelated to current year items is not current revenue eh?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #817
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well, your REPUBLICAN FEMALE COMPTROLLER suggests otherwise. Unless you can't tell the difference between 2008-2009 fiscal year from 2009-2010 fiscal year.



    Actually, we are more interested in getting a few laughs at your expense. Your inability to refute anything anyone here has said, not to mention your lack of maturity in admitting you are wrong on a wide variety of subjects, including calling an obviously female comptroller a "HE" is pretty funny.

    Still haven't figured out prior year taxes unrelated to current year items is not current revenue eh?
    Want some real laughs, how about comparing your state's economic's results to mine?

    Interesting that you would ignore that I quoted Susan Combs in my post yet only focused on my mistake of calling her a him by mistake as you ignored the content of HER comments.

    Apparently you are incapable of understanding how to read the economic results of the state of TX and compare those against the rest of the nation.

    Obviously you are more interested in making me the issue vs the empty suit in the WH. Carry on

  8. #818
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Want some real laughs, how about comparing your state's economic's results to mine?
    Nice fallacy. The issue here is your complete failure to get any facts correct.

    Interesting that you would ignore that I quoted Susan Combs in my post
    O'rly?

    If you don't want me to call you a liar, stop lying.

    Notice this post where I directly addressed your alleged quotes:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058579677

    Or this one for that matter:
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058579752

    The fact that you quoted me here:http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058580129

    In that post where I addressed and showed how her quote was out of date shows you in fact saw me address her quotes. Therefore you know that I did not ignore the quote you posted

    Accusing me of ignoring her quote after you quoted a post of mine addressing her quote makes you a liar.

    yet only focused on my mistake of calling her a him by mistake as you ignored the content of HER comments.
    Seriously? You acknowledge my post where I addressed that quote and accuse me of ignoring her quote? Do you even read what you write before you post?

    And yes, you did totally screw up the gender.

    Apparently you are incapable of understanding how to read the economic results of the state of TX and compare those against the rest of the nation.
    Said the one who thinks Texas has a surplus despite the Comptroller this month stating that a $11 billion deficit is not unreasonable.

    Apparently you think a year old statement is more valid then a statement made this month about the current fiscal budgetary gap Texas faces.

    Navy pride took years for people to consider him a joke. You're doing it in a few months.

    Obviously you are more interested in making me the issue vs the empty suit in the WH. Carry on
    What is more amusing is your complete failure on everything.

    Still not admitting your bat**** argument about the rainy day fund is wrong eh?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #819
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Now you want to address the charges by Sen. Hutchinson that Perry, "We now learn that Texas used a higher percentage of federal money some $12.1 billion to close its structural deficit than any other state. This is how our state budget was balanced."
    Notice how he changes the subject. He knows he cannot win the surplus/deficit crackpot argument he made and he's pretending his bat**** rainy day argument doesn't exist. Look at his last post to me. He accuses me of not addressing her quote and then in the very same post acknowledges my post where I addressed her quote. Wow. Compulsive lying anyone?

    So rather then address how he's totally screwed his arguments up, he's now arguing that Texas is better then the rest of the country rather then own up to the obvious fact he screwed up a large number of items in this thread. Notice he's not even acknowledge that U6 went down. He's pretending U6 doesn't even exist.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #820
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Notice how he changes the subject. He knows he cannot win the surplus/deficit crackpot argument he made and he's pretending his bat**** rainy day argument doesn't exist. Look at his last post to me. He accuses me of not addressing her quote and then in the very same post acknowledges my post where I addressed her quote. Wow. Compulsive lying anyone?

    So rather then address how he's totally screwed his arguments up, he's now arguing that Texas is better then the rest of the country rather then own up to the obvious fact he screwed up a large number of items in this thread. Notice he's not even acknowledge that U6 went down. He's pretending U6 doesn't even exist.
    Yup, and I find it exceedingly ironic that Texas (the state that threatened to secede) used a larger share of the stimulus to fund their structural deficit than any other state in the union!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •